How Many Times Have You Went On The Same Ship?

karinad

I'm considering another cruise for next year and it just happens to be on the same one I sailed on the past two years. The Jade! I mostly pick a cruise for it's itinerary and price, of course! It's not that I didn't like the ship, but, I'm not sure I love knowing every nook and cranny! Plus, there were things that we weren't happy about. I'm sure you'd have that on other cruises, too.! Last month we were on her for 12 nights and it felt that I never left the ship from the yr. before. We've also been on The Gem a couple yrs. before that. We, also, booked an obstructed OV this past time instead of a balcony, so the cabin and the location was a little different.

Does anyone love returning to the same ship year after year? How often does NCL make changes in menus, entertainment or even refurbishments? It was a little less then a year that we were on her and I did see a show or 2 that were the same. What's your opinion or thoughts with this?

We were on the Pearl in 2010, 2013,  did the Sun in 2014, one deck smaller and many public spaces were on different decks - kept getting lost the first few days,  did the Pearl again 6 months later, took a couple days to remember where everything was again. 

Vacation time was limited  & money was tight, so we sailed close to home. Now we sail different ships & different itineraries 

I've been on the Epic twice in 2015 and then again for the Transatlantic in 2017. I'll be going back on her in less than 2 weeks for the Transatlantic crossing between Barcelona and Orlando. The Epic is one of my favourite ships as it has some unique features unlike some of the other Norwegian ships. 

1 hour ago, TracyE said:

Just disembarked Escape for the18th time on Sunday. My favorite ship and crew!

Tracy

wow, that must take the cake for the most times on the same ship or certainly would win a prize somewhere. We have sailed the Sun 4 times I think and the Pearl 3. Most of the other ships or those that are more than 10 years old, we have sailed more than once but nowhere near double digits. We are going to sail the Dawn for the 3rd time in Feb and think we have finally figured out how to find our way around the ship. 

40 minutes ago, newmexicoNita said:

wow, that must take the cake for the most times on the same ship or certainly would win a prize somewhere. We have sailed the Sun 4 times I think and the Pearl 3. Most of the other ships or those that are more than 10 years old, we have sailed more than once but nowhere near double digits. We are going to sail the Dawn for the 3rd time in Feb and think we have finally figured out how to find our way around the ship. 

Biker@Sea has got you beat.

We have sailed the Epic 6 times, the Liberty 4 times, the Glory 3 times, the Conquest 4 times, the Pearl 2 times and that is just off the top of my head that I can remember.  We really love the Epic and had her scheduled for January but cancelled and chose to go an extra 11 days on the Divina.  I have no problem sailing a ship more than once.

We've sailed on the Sun three times (twice in the same cabin) and will be twice on the Epic next month.  Every cruise I look at seems to be on one of those two ships and not the same departure port either.

Cruising on the Sun last year to Alaska felt like home.

We've repeated several times on Dawn, and Spirit, but not because of a choice of ship, but it was mostly a happy accident...  

In 30 NCL cruises, 12 have been on Dawn and Spirit, a few Gem, a few Sky a couple Sun, a couple on Star... and the rest are one offs so far.  Some were on now retired ships, so any new cruises will obviously be on the current fleet and any future additions.

2 hours ago, JC5240 said:

We've done Getaway twice and Breakaway twice. It's nice to repeat the ships, as it feels like returning "home" (especially if you get the same cabin!). 

We've done this on the Epic and the Escape -- same cabin. We've sailed both of those twice. We're going on the Dawn for our second time in February, but it will be in a different cabin since we have an extra person traveling with us and wanted a second bedroom.

I have no problems repeating ships -- I like knowing what to expect and all the ships we've repeated we've really liked something about them.

NCL Pearl - Miami - Feb 2014 - 4 days - Bahamas - Oceanview

NCL Pearl - Miami - Dec 2016 - 11 days - Panama Canal - Oceanview

NCL Pearl - Tampa Bay - Jan 2019 - 11 days - Eastern Caribbean - Mini-suite

The Pearl is the only ship I've been on more than once. We loved the ship's layout and size. I'm really looking forward to being on her again in January. Only 86 more days!! :classic_smile:

Edited by AllyG47