Live Blog – Silhouette Nov 3 – Beaches to Broadway – Pull up a seat and Join

Jim_Iain

Surprised about your temperature reading this morning.   We were up at 0630 and our balcony thermometer read 37 degrees and it has been going up since then to 48 degrees without sun.   We walked across Deck 14 before 9 and found they had secured the doors to the Oceanview.   Didn’ see any ice.  They may have been washing the decks  with something slippery as they were getting ready for the coast guard inspection.

We will have rain tomorrow in NYC going up past 50 degrees.   Tuesday night it will drop to 30 and will only get up to 39 with 12 mph winds on Wednesday.    We definitely could see ice on Wednesday so be careful on the decks and gangway.

6 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Surprised about your temperature reading this morning.   We were up at 0630 and our balcony thermometer read 37 degrees and it has been going up since then to 48 degrees without sun.   We walked across Deck 14 before 9 and found they had secured the doors to the Oceanview.   Didn’ see any ice.  They may have been washing the decks  with something slippery as they were getting ready for the coast guard inspection.

We will have rain tomorrow in NYC going up past 50 degrees.   Tuesday night it will drop to 30 and will only get up to 39 with 12 mph winds on Wednesday.    We definitely could see ice on Wednesday so be careful on the decks and gangway.

When we walked across deck 14 at 9:00 there were a couple crew breaking up ice and sweeping it out of the way.  After we saw and heard the passenger fall I slipped on 2-4 spots but didn’t loose my balance. Sure hope she is ok. 

Thanks for the info on the Michael’s Club Comcierge. 

Any recommendations on who the best Waiters/Waitress are in Luminae? We usually find who we like best and request them for the remainder of the cruise. 

A guy named Miro on Reflection was our favorite. Very serious but the best service we’ve ever had. 

Thanks! 

We finished off our day by walking back to the shuttle bus.   Great day ashore and walked 12 miles so no watching calories tonight. 

Back on the ship and the crew were busy with Coast Guard supervised Muster Drill.  Just as I was walking down the stairs they released the crew. 

ED665C72-9CB4-4F5C-ABED-51C6A84710FF.thumb.jpeg.4d66dd88028b61d3c1061cb11f6159ce.jpeg

BCB24205-BACE-4CE3-8B14-E3C841FD8967.thumb.jpeg.6a3dc9af9c570fa857a04f6a2b1414c9.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Kevinb1176 said:

Thanks for the info on the Michael’s Club Comcierge. 

Any recommendations on who the best Waiters/Waitress are in Luminae? We usually find who we like best and request them for the remainder of the cruise. 

A guy named Miro on Reflection was our favorite. Very serious but the best service we’ve ever had. 

Thanks! 

We have been eating in "The Other Side", which is the back half of the dining room.    It seems quieter and more intimate.    The assistant waiter is Arfin from Philippians and is  REALLY GOOD.   We have had the same waiter, Vincent from Mauritius.   He has been extremely efficient and personable.   Definitely no complaints.    The Sommelier is Juan.   While he is good it is a lot of work for a single Sommelier to serve the complete Luminea dining room alone.    

17 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

We have been eating in "The Other Side", which is the back half of the dining room.    It seems quieter and more intimate.    The assistant waiter is Arfin from Philippians and is  REALLY GOOD.   We have had the same waiter, Vincent from Mauritius.   He has been extremely efficient and personable.   Definitely no complaints.    The Sommelier is Juan.   While he is good it is a lot of work for a single Sommelier to serve the complete Luminea dining room alone.    

The last two times I have been in Luminae, on Silhouette, there was a fabulous server named Anthony. Is he still there and will he be there on the Nov.30 cruise?

14 hours ago, chrissie p said:

I too was surprised to see the prices for wine by the glass. On the Millenium in April I really enjoyed a dry rose called Whispering Angel in the Rendezvous Bar before dinner. It was included on the premium package at approx $13. It will be interesting to see if it still included when we join the Silhouette next month - I hope so 😀. My husband also enjoys the occasional glass of Laphroaig malt whisky and that no longer looks to be included on the premium menu.

Looking forward to joining the Silhouette in 4 weeks time and trying the alternatives if they aren't 🍸🚢

Celebrity has stopped carrying Whispering Angel. On Equinox in September they had none left on the ship. On Infinity last month they had a few bottles left that they let us drink in Michael's Club. They have replaced it with "Summer Somewhere" which is $15 a glass plus 18%. FYI on both Equinox and Infinity the premium limit was $15 and the posted prices did not include the 18% gratuity.

1 hour ago, TommyD3 said:

Celebrity has stopped carrying Whispering Angel. On Equinox in September they had none left on the ship. On Infinity last month they had a few bottles left that they let us drink in Michael's Club. They have replaced it with "Summer Somewhere" which is $15 a glass plus 18%. FYI on both Equinox and Infinity the premium limit was $15 and the posted prices did not include the 18% gratuity.

Thanks Tommy, shame about the whispering Angel. I will give the Summer Somewhere a try though otherwise it's back to my usual Sauvignon Blanc 😀I don't normally drink rose but was persuaded by Nitin on the Millenium to give the Whispering Angel a try and really enjoyed it.

Can I just check please. If a drink has a posted price of $15 (+18% gratuity) and the premium limit is $15, as I paid the 18% gratuity when I upgraded from classic to premium, will the price including gratuity be covered by the package please?

Many thanks Chris

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TommyD3 said:

We tried to get this on the last cruise which finished 3 November and there was none.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chrissie p said:

Can I just check please. If a drink has a posted price of $15 (+18% gratuity) and the premium limit is $15, as I paid the 18% gratuity when I upgraded from classic to premium, will the price including gratuity be covered by the package please?

Many thanks Chris

Yes the beverages are free so long as they are at or under the $15 plus gratuity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Is Juan, your sommelier, a tall guy from Chile who was with  Celebrity but left a while ago?  The Juan we knew had his own vineyard in Chile.

I don’t believe is the same one.  This Juan is shorter maybe 5’8” and from Columbia.  

14 hours ago, Straughn said:

The last two times I have been in Luminae, on Silhouette, there was a fabulous server named Anthony. Is he still there and will he be there on the Nov.30 cruise?

I asked Alvkin last night and he said he other name is Anthony.   He didn’t know another Anthony.