Live Blog – Silhouette Nov 3 – Beaches to Broadway – Pull up a seat and Join

Jim_Iain

On 11/9/2018 at 1:05 AM, chamima said:

Hi Jim

Could you find out who the World Class bartenders are , if you get a chance, and how long they'll be on the ship.

We tend to spend a good amount of time there and a good bartender really makes a difference.

Thanks!

Dear Chamima,

we just got off the ship before Jim and Lain went on. You will have a very good time at the World Class Bar. There is Alexandra and Daniel, a very nice couple from Romania. They are the best World Class Bartenders we ever had since with Celebrity. Both are supposed to be on board till February so we are 100% excited to meet them again on Feb. 10th when we get back. They do wonderful cocktails much more than on the limited bar menue and taking fantastic care about your individual taste. They know what  they do!

@Jim,

we are thankful for your daily updates and it is like we are travelling along with you both. Would you please be so kind and say HELLO to Alexandra and Daniel from Udo and Bernd when you stroll around. Enjoy the fabulous Silli and the cruise!

All the best! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Came back to room after lunch to find a couple really beautiful photo albums from Rose commentating our celebration.   

ACD50737-18E8-4AFD-AE53-44721ACFC15E.thumb.jpeg.582819833c2ccbb445e83272e5d61684.jpeg

9A922F2B-A59F-434C-B2E3-40131A4BF3F1.thumb.jpeg.6dab5c3a501496d24d45964380df7d0b.jpeg

BB0A078A-B35A-4E07-9C99-59C872E45F15.thumb.jpeg.a95c88125105bb63fdf4eae67c499a45.jpeg

2D4E9CA0-05EB-45FA-9E6E-D9509C26021B.thumb.jpeg.f64f46a1cff1fb6594dc1560cebafdb5.jpeg

Hi Jim,

Something missing on the Zenith celebration at the bridge.

Did the 20 Zenith members join you at the bridge for your 1st. Zenith cruise?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The German Guys said:

Dear Chamima,

we just got off the ship before Jim and Lain went on. You will have a very good time at the World Class Bar. There is Alexandra and Daniel, a very nice couple from Romania. They are the best World Class Bartenders we ever had since with Celebrity. Both are supposed to be on board till February so we are 100% excited to meet them again on Feb. 10th when we get back. They do wonderful cocktails much more than on the limited bar menue and taking fantastic care about your individual taste. They know what  they do!

@Jim,

we are thankful for your daily updates and it is like we are travelling along with you both. Would you please be so kind and say HELLO to Alexandra and Daniel from Udo and Bernd when you stroll around. Enjoy the fabulous Silli and the cruise!

All the best! 

Thanks so much!!!

Udo and Bernd - we look forward to meeting you at the World Class Bar in February!

We are Allan and Karen.

Edited by chamima
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Kevinb1176 said:

Hi,

Thanks for all the updates, I’ve been reading the whole trail. We’re on Silhoutte 11/30. Who is the concierge in Michael’s club? We find they do a lot to make the cruise more enjoyable and have some excellent and not so good hosts. 

Thanks

The concierge in Michael's Club Is Vanessa who is from Panama and the Suites Manager is Richard.   Vanessa just was promoted from Guest Relations at the beginning of this cruise when Niko left for vacation.   Niko has been promoted to Suites Manager on Infinity when she returns from vacation.  

You will have Vanessa on your sailing as she plans on being aboard through January when she will be replaced by John Escobar who is currently on Millennium.     I would giver her a solid 10.   Very engaging and efficient.   She is constantly stopping by for a chat and even ran to a bar to assist the bartender when he ran out of a specific wine.  

I am sure you will be pampered as all of the staff have been excellent.    

8 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I am glad that you enjoyed the Porch.

We love the Porch for a sea day lunch when it is warm outside.

Do  you know if the $30 charge is the same for dinner?

Has Celebrity been offering discounts for lunch at the Porch?

Enjoy  the rest of your cruise and thank you for posting.

I believe the charge is the same, but sure someone will correct me if I am mistaken.   Elite+ are automatically given a 15% discount and Zenith 25% discount.    

I am pretty sure they have been discounting but have not heard anyone talk about it yet.   They have staff pushing the specialty dining every night -  more than I have ever seen before.    Way too much and annoying.   

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

That artwork was in the internet room on Celebrity Mercury (or maybe Galaxy?) years ago.  I remember in the days of live Celebrity webcams you could see it featured in the computer room webcam and before I got on the ship I was interested as to what it looked like in real life.  There's probably a plaque by it.

Phil

I'll take a look an see if there is a plaque on it.   I do like the look it, but don't recall it on Mercury.   I've noticed a number of art work being moved around.   

1 hour ago, verizon said:

Hi Jim,

Something missing on the Zenith celebration at the bridge.

Did the 20 Zenith members join you at the bridge for your 1st. Zenith cruise?

No -   The ceremony was private for us and they told us we could invite anyone we wished to join in the celebration.   When setting it up the only one we knew was Marsha.   I've heard from other Zenith's that they use to invite all the Zenith's.   Maybe because there were 22 Zenith's   they limited the number.   

7613CC90-AE16-42BC-B5CB-B2386E538446.thumb.jpeg.76eb2d0e74c0616cf6e2a6a93f7aa16f.jpeg

Good Morning to all.   We had our final time zone change last night before hitting Boston and I am up an hour earlier than usual.   It is REALLY FOGGY out this morning and while not sure I feel like we are moving a bit slower.   I'll let you know when Captain George comes on at 10:00.    He gives a very short informative briefing every morning,   very different than Captain Alex on Millennium (those that have sailed with him will know what I mean).   

Just ran down to pick up my second Double Cappuccino of the day.  I really feel the difference in the size of a S-Class ship when I run down to al Bacio on deck 5 from deck 11.   On an M-Class it is only one floor below deck 6.   

We are approaching the east coast and the seas are rather calm but the temperatures are getting cooler.

94C5D171-04C1-4F25-851F-E4DCF546853F.thumb.jpeg.a84f50c5450b52a6056b9c330d793e63.jpeg

126F9BB6-FE91-4C1B-AE37-F248CC32BC5C.thumb.jpeg.39fd6aeba70e775c7ea27309ab4be1f6.jpeg

Forgot to mention that Silhouette have tea kettles in your stateroom. 

0046B9AF-69AC-40A1-A354-65421A41749A.thumb.jpeg.8f3c3cf64ca1398d903f35659261d3f2.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain

Good Morning Jim

This may not help with your steps every day, but I see there is a “Secondo Bacio” on Deck 14. It’s mentioned in the Celebrity Today under the Bar Hours section. It might save some wear and tear on your leg muscles.

Have you seen this one at all?

Randy

1 hour ago, Schmoe38 said:

Good Morning Jim

This may not help with your steps every day, but I see there is a “Secondo Bacio” on Deck 14. It’s mentioned in the Celebrity Today under the Bar Hours section. It might save some wear and tear on your leg muscles.

Have you seen this one at all?

Randy

Isn't that the small bar at the starboard entrance to OVC?

11 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

Not sure. I know which bar your are referencing. I just don’t recall seeing specialty coffee being served from that bar.

I thought that it might have been a second station set up similar to Al Bacio on Deck 5, but maybe with limited or no pastries.

Randy

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I believe the charge is the same, but sure someone will correct me if I am mistaken.   Elite+ are automatically given a 15% discount and Zenith 25% discount.    

I am pretty sure they have been discounting but have not heard anyone talk about it yet.   They have staff pushing the specialty dining every night -  more than I have ever seen before.    Way too much and annoying.   

Hello Jim!

Another *Porch* question - if you happen by during the dinner hour would you be so kind as to take a picture of the dinner menu? We're curious if it's the same as lunch or if there are still different offerings as was the case on our Reflection sailing last year. 

Much Thanks!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

26 minutes ago, Schmoe38 said:

Not sure. I know which bar your are referencing. I just don’t recall seeing specialty coffee being served from that bar.

I thought that it might have been a second station set up similar to Al Bacio on Deck 5, but maybe with limited or no pastries.

Randy

Yes, it is the small bar as you enter the Oceanview Cafe on the port side.  They serve premium juices and  speciality coffees as well as a full bar menu.

I am fairly certain the the speciality coffee menu is more limited.

Edited by jagoffee

21 hours ago, signman said:

Hi Jim,   Really appreciate all the time you spend on this to keep us sailing vicariously with you.     Still interested to know if Ray Brown Jr Band will still be onboard for December 9th cruise.    Thanks.

I checked today with Richard, the Suites Manager.    He said they usually have a 6 month contract and have only been on for about 6 weeks so is almost certain they will be on for your cruise.   He said he would let me know otherwise if he finds out otherwise.     They are definitely a great Jazz Group.

1 hour ago, mmsJack said:

Hello Jim!

Another *Porch* question - if you happen by during the dinner hour would you be so kind as to take a picture of the dinner menu? We're curious if it's the same as lunch or if there are still different offerings as was the case on our Reflection sailing last year. 

Much Thanks!

Will check it out and see.   

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

Yes, it is the small bar as you enter the Oceanview Cafe on the port side.  They serve premium juices and  speciality coffees as well as a full bar menu.

I am fairly certain the the speciality coffee menu is more limited.

It is more limited and definitely no pastries.  Since you're already in OVC it would be a bit redundant!

10 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

Jim, please settle the debate, is Segundo Bacio on the port or starboard side of the OVC on Silhouette?

It's on the port side, and I'm pretty sure it is the same on all S class, and possibly M class.  Opposite it on the starboard side is the ice cream service.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They had a wonderful event for Remembrance Day in the theater at 10:45, standing room only.   Patriotism is definitely not dead on the Silhouette as it seems to be in many places today.   Tomorrow is 11/11.   In Maryland we were asked to ring our church bells at 11 am.    It will be amazing if they do this is Boston with so many old church bells.   It’s good to remember once a year why we have all the freedoms we enjoy and the many sacrifices that were made.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

That may be only for cruises out of Southampton.

I've found Celebrity to be terrific with offering tea kettles (on request) this year out of various ports including Rome, Miami, FLL, San Juan and Cape Liberty. Not sure how many they stock but it's not been a problem...so far.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2018 at 10:29 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I understand we may miss some benefits but being able to take a cruise to South Africa is definitely on my bucket list.    We want to marry it with a Safari.   

Hi there Jim & Iain, 

So great to hear that you'd like to explore our part of the world... Azamara also does wonderful cruises around the east coast of South Africa that you can easily b2b with that one... we have a beautiful country, I'm sure you guys will LOVE it here!☺️

Take care,

Rhona

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Forgot to mention that Silhouette have tea kettles in your stateroom. 

0046B9AF-69AC-40A1-A354-65421A41749A.thumb.jpeg.8f3c3cf64ca1398d903f35659261d3f2.jpeg

You have of course sailed from Southampton and kettles are on sailings from Southampton.

They may not be available on the next cruise.

I once asked for a kettle on Eclipse when we were sailing in the Caribbean in 2013. I was told they were in storage in Miami. They did find me one though.

Edited by upwarduk
  • Like 1