New Autumn deals

Mrs applehead

14 hours ago, Mrs applehead said:

Does anyone know what they are likely to be?

I have just booked next Years New Year cruise and was also asked by my cruise agent .

." Would we like any other P&O Cruise sorting as they are releasing the autumn deals this Monday the 29th."

• Thanks 1

Keep getting timed ticker tapes from them. Apparently only 20 hours, 11 minutes and 19 seconds to go. 🎉 whoohoo.

Thats of course until their next super dooper, can’t be beat, buy it now, be there or be square deal is released in another fortnight or so.

I will of course take a look as you never k ow when there might actually be something worthwhile.

• Thanks 1

I booked a cruise when they were first released. There are two differences with this Autumn offer one being it's now only £50 deposit per cabin and the other is the cruise price is £770 more! 

Just shows how booking early really does make sense sometimes. I was advised to book early by other forum members so it's a big thank you 😊

We are booked up early as well at much cheaper prices than at present on all 3 cruises. Autumn offers seem underwhelming but may attract some. One implication of £50 deposit is that people may be more liable to change their mind and cancel, losing just £50 rather than a larger deposit.

11 hours ago, pete14 said:

We are booked up early as well at much cheaper prices than at present on all 3 cruises. Autumn offers seem underwhelming but may attract some. One implication of £50 deposit is that people may be more liable to change their mind and cancel, losing just £50 rather than a larger deposit.

Usually with those low deposits if you cancel, you still have to pay the larger deposit anyway.

I thought that when I booked one with £1 pp deposit thinking if we didnt go ahead with it, we would only lose a small amount.

Not so. The fine print says in the event of a cancellation, the full deposit is payable.

57 minutes ago, FiftyOnePlus said:

Usually with those low deposits if you cancel, you still have to pay the larger deposit anyway.

I thought that when I booked one with £1 pp deposit thinking if we didnt go ahead with it, we would only lose a small amount.

Not so. The fine print says in the event of a cancellation, the full deposit is payable.

If that is the case, lets just hope it is made clear in the small print of this promotion. If not, I see a future thread from a dissatisfied ‘canceller’.

22 minutes ago, pete14 said:

If that is the case, lets just hope it is made clear in the small print of this promotion. If not, I see a future thread from a dissatisfied ‘canceller’.

Opinion seems divided on this issue I have read posts from members who claim they had to pay the difference, and those who say not.  Both cannot be right, but hang on this is P&O where each customer service agent tells you a different story, so maybe it is right!!!!😕 

I have heard that if you book a cruise with a TA for £1 deposit you may have to pay the full deposit if you cancel(I think this is because it is the TA's promotion not P and O's)However when once we booked onboard with a £50 deposit and subsequently cancelled we only lost the £50The terms should state clearly how much deposit you lose

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Opinion seems divided on this issue I have read posts from members who claim they had to pay the difference, and those who say not.  Both cannot be right, but hang on this is P&O where each customer service agent tells you a different story, so maybe it is right!!!!😕 

As far as I know it’s the TA’s low deposit which has to be made up if you cancel. If it were P&O I am sure the brown stuff would have hit the fan by now. Remember  they have used the low deposit before. Especially onboard bookings.

Edited by daiB

7 hours ago, daiB said:

As far as I know it’s the TA’s low deposit which has to be made up if you cancel. If it were P&O I am sure the brown stuff would have hit the fan by now. Remember  they have used the low deposit before. Especially onboard bookings.

I’ve just had a read through the P&O booking terms and conditions ( sad, I know) and I can’t see anything there to suggest you would have to pay a higher desposit if you cancel. It clearly says that you lose “ the deposit”. As others have said, this isn’t the case for TAs promotions. We were once offered a £1 deposit, but told the rest of the desposit would be due in a month or so after.

11 hours ago, daiB said:

Now that sounds more plausible Dai, fortunately my TA offers real discounts not temporary ones.

1 hour ago, Mysticalmother said:

Me too...booked 2020 cruise on launch....now my cabin category (suite) apparently sold out already...(? Really)  and the one below it ( mini suite) is £1100 more! Each!

Wandering through our local Tesco the other day saw a bottle of NZ Sauvignon Blanc selling for £9.50 the shelf was empty...apparently sold out already. Visiting our Tesco yesterday, the wine had now materialised reduced by £2.50 and with 25% off per half case. 

I know they used to say ‘ would you buy a used car from that man?’ but I think the same sentiment could apply to cruise companies and supermarkets etc etc. 

Oh, I bought a dozen bottles. 

Edited by Ranchi
Additional comment
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ranchi said:

Wandering through our local Tesco the other day saw a bottle of NZ Sauvignon Blanc selling for £9.50 the shelf was empty...apparently sold out already. Visiting our Tesco yesterday, the wine had now materialised reduced by £2.50 and with 25% off per half case. 

I know they used to say ‘ would you buy a used car from that man?’ but I think the same sentiment could apply to cruise companies and supermarkets etc etc. 

Oh, I bought a dozen bottles. 

Oh for the halcyon days of % off offers on drinks. Nanny Nicola won’t allow us offers on wine.

You are correct about the used car sales, more and more companies are like that now.

The true test is 3 or 4 weeks before a cruise that is not selling particularly well, see what happens to the prices then.

I’d forgotten about Nicola’s dictat regarding drinks offers. We spend a lot of time north of the border and although we don’t drink a lot I hadn’t noticed the absence of drinks offers in supermarkets. I think the new lower drink driving alcohol level is a good idea ( although I understand it hasn’t made a huge difference to road accident figures.) It avoids the awful situation of someone having to have just one or two...& the temptation is there to have more. Now if you drive you simply don’t drink and there is no pressure on you to do so.  Having said that there have been a couple of occasions when I’ve had a glass of wine at lunchtime not meaning to drive later on and something has come up where the car would have been useful in the early evening. You also have to be careful with next morning driving. Oh dear, I appear to have wandered off topic. Heigh ho.