Sanctuary

silver1

Hi,  we are hoping to book the Sanctuary for our next Cruise and have a lounger in the sun (fingers crossed).  Please could anyone tell me if I book a bed in the sun am I able to use the table and chairs that are in the shaded area for a bit of restbite from the Sun and to have lunch or are these booked also? 

Each chair is assigned....  I believe that sometimes they can be moved over, if there is space.

There is the central Gazebo...  But I have also heard of those who believe that they can do like the chair-hogs, and claim that public space, leaving items on the seats.    (Which I would def. either move things over, or speak kindly with a staff member.)

I've been meaning to ask - on our recent trip on the Golden, we planned to reserve Sanctuary and made our way in that direction as soon as we boarded.    We were very surprised to find out there was no elevator access - at least we couldn't find it and 2 crew members we asked just pointed us to the outside stairways.    As we can't do stairs, we gave up.    It this the case on all Princess ships?     

3 hours ago, Kartgv said:

I've been meaning to ask - on our recent trip on the Golden, we planned to reserve Sanctuary and made our way in that direction as soon as we boarded.    We were very surprised to find out there was no elevator access - at least we couldn't find it and 2 crew members we asked just pointed us to the outside stairways.    As we can't do stairs, we gave up.    It this the case on all Princess ships?     

Royal and Regal have elevator access to the Sanctuary deck but on all other ships it's one deck up from the top deck that the elevators go to unfortunately.

We had no problems shifting from our loungers to the central shaded chairs and table to have lunch when we were on Royal last year, in fact the Sanctuary stewards suggested we do so. We moved back to our loungers once we'd finished eating. We also did the same on Golden the previous year. Those chairs aren't reserved and it's much easier to eat there. There were no issues with hogging of those chairs on either cruise.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kartgv said:

On Ruby they had an elevator on the starboard side that allowed you to access the Sanctuary.  It was a glass box and was not used a lot. It took three staff members to show us how to use it.

9 minutes ago, tutuwahineLV said:

Hi,  I'm new to Princess and will be on the Ruby in march.  While I understand that the Sanctuary is Adults Only, and reserved loungers.  What else is included for that charge?  

TIA for you vast knowledge. 

Tutu

That's pretty much it. You get a reserved lounger and unlike some other cruise lines, they strictly enforce the adults only rule (worth the price for us). They do have afternoon tea and you can have food brought to you in the Sanctuary for a small nominal fee ($3). It is open from about 8am - 5:30. If you reserve 1/2 day it is roughly a morning shift (8-noon) and afternoon shift is something like 1-5pm give or take.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Do they have a “length of cruise” pass or is it just by half days?

$20/half-day, $40/day and if you book for the whole cruise, it’s $30/day.

You book onboard the ship as you book a specific lounger that’s yours for the time you booked and you can come and go as you please. No one else can use that lounger. They aren’t in fixed positions so there’s no way to know without seeing the loungers where you want to be. If you want full sun, you won’t have a view of the ocean. 

The loungers are super comfortable, attendants bring you pillow, blankets, towels, and iced towels as needed. They bring you drinks and will bring you food. 

Depending on the cruise, I now book inside or oceanview cabins and then book the Sanctuary. It’s my “balcony” and happy place. 

2 minutes ago, Pam in CA said:

$20/half-day, $40/day and if you book for the whole cruise, it’s $30/day.

You book onboard the ship as you book a specific lounger that’s yours for the time you booked and you can come and go as you please. No one else can use that lounger. They aren’t in fixed positions so there’s no way to know without seeing the loungers where you want to be. If you want full sun, you won’t have a view of the ocean. 

The loungers are super comfortable, attendants bring you pillow, blankets, towels, and iced towels as needed. They bring you drinks and will bring you food. 

Depending on the cruise, I now book inside or oceanview cabins and then book the Sanctuary. It’s my “balcony” and happy place. 

Thank you so much! I'm new to Princess but excited about the future!! 🙂

We’re just off the Caribbean Princess and wanted to add little tidbits. If you are interested in booking time in the Sanctuary, I would get there on embarkation day for the best choice of lounger and day/s. The sea days book up fast and the prime location loungers do as well. You have to physically visit the Sanctuary to reserve, they won’t take phone reservations (at least this was the practice a few days ago). 

Also, the afternoon session is from 1:00-5:30, which includes afternoon tea. They served the usual sandwiches, sweets and scones as well. Was enough for us, did not need lunch. It’s a wonderful respite! 

On 10/29/2018 at 12:13 PM, HBCcruiser said:

Are all loungers in full sun on the Royal or can you book some in the shade or partial shade?

There are some loungers that are in partial shade at the front of the Sanctuary, overlooking the bow.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/22/2018 at 11:20 AM, JoRoy218 said:

We’re just off the Caribbean Princess and wanted to add little tidbits. If you are interested in booking time in the Sanctuary, I would get there on embarkation day for the best choice of lounger and day/s. The sea days book up fast and the prime location loungers do as well. You have to physically visit the Sanctuary to reserve, they won’t take phone reservations (at least this was the practice a few days ago). 

Also, the afternoon session is from 1:00-5:30, which includes afternoon tea. They served the usual sandwiches, sweets and scones as well. Was enough for us, did not need lunch. It’s a wonderful respite! 

Thank you, are there loungers in the shade? Or are they all in full sun?

7 hours ago, JoRoy218 said:

There are a variety of loungers, some in total shade or complete sun. There are also some in “dappled” sun.  Try to arrive soon after boarding for your desired location. 

Thank you so much and have a lovely day