NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - Revitalized!

eroller

Getting ready to book a 4-night on Navigator for Thanksgiving with extended family. As a family, we usually cruise Disney....and the new slide is what attracted me to this ship.....looks very similar to the Aquaduck on the Fantasy/Dream. We will have kids ages, 17, 12, 11, 7 sailing with us and I think this ship will be great for their ages. I sailed Navigator many years ago and thought it was a good ship then as well. Kids love the rock climbing wall, ice skating rink, and flowrider on RCCL. 

I know many disagree with the new "theme", but I think it looks pretty good. Maybe a little over the top with the colors, but I will wait to see how it looks in person. 

Now I am trying to choose a cabin. I am thinking of an aft jr. suite, but reading a bit about obstructed views. What are your recommendations for jr suites and balconies? Any decks to avoid? I know it's hard to know with the refit, but any suggestions would be welcome! Thanks!!!

On 12/29/2018 at 10:44 AM, danny mas said:

Just booked on the 7/1 sailing in one of the new JS on Deck 11. Amazed at the size of the balconies listed in the deck description. Each over 400 sq ft+. seems the room will be the new updated decor found on the anthem/oasis class. Sailed on her 10 years ago on our honeymoon on the transatlantic crossing over to europe so now taking the kids on her for the first time.  

Thinking about booking one of the new JS on Deck 11 as well. Looks like they are right along the curve of the current fitness center. Wondering what the views will be like with the bridge right there.

23 minutes ago, CariBear said:

Thinking about booking one of the new JS on Deck 11 as well. Looks like they are right along the curve of the current fitness center. Wondering what the views will be like with the bridge right there.

Rick has some photos of one of those staterooms in his excellent review here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2608479

I'm booked in one of then the new staterooms on Deck 11 for the 8/23 sailing.  Very excited.  I've took my first cruise 6 years ago, on Enchantment out of Port Canaveral.  Just the 3 night cruise.  Liked it so much I did it again a few months later by adding on to a trip to Orlando that we already had planned.  Enchantment again.  Then I wanted to try the 4 night going to Key West out of Miami, and was a bit disappointed that it was going to be Enchantment - again.

So, I'm pretty excited to be on one of the bigger ships, and think it will be pretty cool to be staying right on the pool deck.

On 11/1/2018 at 6:59 PM, Host Clarea said:

I cannot believe how they are destroying the fitness center.

I could see it happening, really what is the percentage of passengers that actually use any of the fitness centers? Lots of wasted space.

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I could see it happening, really what is the percentage of passengers that actually use any of the fitness centers? Lots of wasted space.

The fitness centers are always full enough and it is good to have this option beside all the food. 

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

For those who exercise they can be a vital part of a cruise.  I've run or lifted weights every day in the fitness center on cruises before.  The Freedom and Voyager class have or had (depending on if they've been AMPED or not), some amazing fitness centers that I really enjoyed, especially running on the treadmills looking out windows directly in the front of the ship.

One if the HUGE knocks that we have with the Oasis class are the chopped up fitness centers.  Combine that with the fact that the crew break area was just above it on the Oasis class when we went in 2015 and the entire fitness center had a faint smell of cigarette smoke.  Of all things, in the fitness center.  That was one cruise where I only used the fitness center a couple of times.

A mediocre fitness center versus a great fitness center isn't going to make us choose one cruise over the other though.  I'm ok with what's happening with them on the AMPED ships, because I value the other improvements more.

Dan

21 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Rick has some photos of one of those staterooms in his excellent review here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2608479

Thanks for the link. Seems like the room he was in is a regular balcony now on the navigator but should be similar in decor. The balcony pic is what I am waiting for on the navigator once the refurb keeps rolling along. I do wonder how the view will be with the rooms on the curvature of the front of the ship

21 minutes ago, danny mas said:

Thanks for the link. Seems like the room he was in is a regular balcony now on the navigator but should be similar in decor. The balcony pic is what I am waiting for on the navigator once the refurb keeps rolling along. I do wonder how the view will be with the rooms on the curvature of the front of the ship

I believe the stateroom Rick was in on Adventure was a Junior Suite.

33 minutes ago, danny mas said:

Here's the link to the cabin tour video, including the balcony:

https://www.pscp.tv/CruiseLifeRick/1DXxyXbWLWnJM

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

I believe the stateroom Rick was in on Adventure was a Junior Suite.

Yes he was in a JS on the aots but that same room location is a regular balcony on the nots. If you look at the deck plan, the JS are further up on the nots and the balcony is close to 400 sq ft. That’s why it will be interesting to see how that balcony looks. Also seems the actual JS on the nots are just a tad bit smaller in size compared to the rest on the ship8AA58413-DB8E-4E6C-BED9-C598CE1453DD.thumb.png.bceab184624fccc7dd9b7c0905b82cbe.png

7507EED6-F8D1-4679-BFAD-0F7F350D912C.png

2 minutes ago, danny mas said:

Yes he was in a JS on the aots but that same room location is a regular balcony on the nots. If you look at the deck plan, the JS are further up on the nots and the balcony is close to 400 sq ft. That’s why it will be interesting to see how that balcony looks. Also seems the actual JS on the nots are just a tad bit smaller in size compared to the rest on the ship

OK, I totally missed that they did Navigator differently.  Thanks for the clarification.