Edge Specialty, Blu, and Suite Dining Questions

castle701

8 hours ago, MVPinBoynton said:

I’m looking forward to seeing the upcoming reviews. I hope I can see what the do on the upcoming pre-inaugural cruise. .  

I'm hoping that they will have some sort of dining preview on our pre-preview cruise (a Taste of the Edge) since most of the guests will be TAs and Press. They might have a Taste of Eden, with a quick performance so that media can hype it and TAs can sell it. I also thought they might do something similar for the entertainment (instead of doing one full production show on one of the nights, maybe they will have a taste of each?). I'm probably just dreaming..... 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

8 hours ago, hvsteve1 said:

If you think a waiter who keeps stopping by the table to ask if everything is OK is annoying, wait until you try to eat at Eden.🙄

LOL!!!  I just spit out my tea reading this post. So funny, but so true!  I will definitely need a drink at the Eden bar to help get into the spirit of things. At least I will be forewarned - my husband will probably love it!  🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I'm hoping that they will have some sort of dining preview (Taste of the Edge) since most of the guests will be TAs and Press. They might have a Taste of Eden, with a quick performance so that media can hype it and TAs can sell it. I also thought they might do somethings similar for the entertainment (instead of doing one full production show on one of the nights, maybe they will have a taste of each?). I'm probably just dreaming..... 🙂

Ten years ago when we were on the Solstice Naming Ceremony cruise, they had production shows both nights.  They also had many of the suites available to view, as well as the other categories.  I don't remember specifically what they had available for food tasting; but I do remember trying many different things.

We have enjoyed the Celebrity dining previews...it's a chance for X to showcase restaurants...and is  a nice tasting event..Hope they have one on EDGE...usually a sea day early on,,,

Much as I might enjoy the Moon Goddess in EDEN, I think we are going to pass on it  for our first EDGE cruise.  We have not enjoyed past performance type events like this on X at various venues ... If the performers do not touch us or make us eat slimy things we  can try it on our ABC EDGE cruise., may book it to secure a spot ...can always cancel...

I wanted to post this since they just changed it recently (have been checking every few days because I didn't thi nk it was accurate). The Edge Dining Packages do NOT include Dinner on the Edge, Magic Carpet or Raw on 5, as the previous flyer outlined. Here is the latest flyer (dated 11/2018).

'm not surprised that Dinner on the Edge is not included (that will likely be pricey), but am surprised that Raw on 5 is not included since Sushi on 5 is still included. It may be a mistake since my cruise planner says:

"Dining Packages
Specialty Dining Package pricing include restaurant cover charges only. All dining package are per person only and cannot be shared or combined with other promotions. Guests dining in Sushi on Five or in Raw on 5 will receive a maximum of $35 credit towards the food items on their bill."

image.thumb.png.f6dd42c72c7ba86f259cc5a537651dbe.png

Here is the fine print on this flyer:

” Guests dining in Sushi on 5 will receive a maximum of $35 credit towards the food items on their bill. This is non redeemable for cash. Additional items such as beverages, supplements, food and wine pairings, and gratuities are not included. Reservations are subject to change based on availability of ship and sail date.Cancelled packages are subject to full cover charges. Prices are in USD. 11/2018

Edited by vtcruising

My dh  is really opposed to the EDEN event....for one reason he thinks it runs too long..He likes shows that are short , with music and words he can understand;  and shows without too many costume  changes.  

However,   he is usually a good sport and has already agreed to the Sarasota Ballet Victorian Winters performance next month,  so I may let the EDEN idea sit for awhile!

12 minutes ago, hcat said:

My dh  is really opposed to the EDEN event....for one reason he thinks it runs too long..He likes shows that are short , with music and words he can understand;  and shows without too many costume  changes.  

However,   he is usually a good sport and has already agreed to the Sarasota Ballet Victorian Winters performance next month,  so I may let the EDEN idea sit for awhile!

Eden may look good to him, in comparison!  😉

Eden sounds so much better than we thought. We have decided to take the plunge and book. We both are a little adventurous food wise and love modern art and theatre. I love Celebrity for trying something new.

We have also booked into Raw on 5. Menus look very appetizing and it will be a complete change mid cruise when we usually hit the food wall!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tony UK said:

Eden sounds so much better than we thought. We have decided to take the plunge and book. We both are a little adventurous food wise and love modern art and theatre. I love Celebrity for trying something new.

We have also booked into Raw on 5. Menus look very appetizing and it will be a complete change mid cruise when we usually hit the food wall!

Yay! Hope you enjoy Snakeman and the Moon Goddess! I can't wait!   👸 🐍

• Haha 1

I’m still trying to figure this out. We have booked Eden one night of our cruise. The way Marilyn described the dinner it sounds as if everyone is served the courses in the same order. When you book Eden there are 15 minute increments to make a reservation. It sounds like the “show component “ of the dinner is synchronized with the courses that are being served. How will this work?

At LPC there are specific seating times. That is easy to figure out the way dinner will be served. At Eden if guests are being seated in 15 minute intervals I guess my mind is having a difficult time grasping how this will work. 

Please help my out if you actually know how this will work. Thanks in advance. 

16 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

I’m still trying to figure this out. We have booked Eden one night of our cruise. The way Marilyn described the dinner it sounds as if everyone is served the courses in the same order. When you book Eden there are 15 minute increments to make a reservation. It sounds like the “show component “ of the dinner is synchronized with the courses that are being served. How will this work?

At LPC there are specific seating times. That is easy to figure out the way dinner will be served. At Eden if guests are being seated in 15 minute intervals I guess my mind is having a difficult time grasping how this will work. 

Please help my out if you actually know how this will work. Thanks in advance. 

We do not know how this will work as it has not been done yet.

Keep your eyes peeled on the board towards the end of December to read the reviews about it and other dining venues, unless you are on the maiden voyages, we will be reading your take on it.

bon voyage

The Thanks Bo. As usual, you have a calm take on answering questions from “nervous” cruisers. It could be X is still working on the logistics of how this will be implemented. As long as the cocktails continue to be served during dinner all will be OK. I know you are vegetarian. Do you plan to try Eden?

Bo - Just saw your reply about Eden in another topic. No need to answer here. 

Edited by RICCruisers
Saw answer in another post

1 hour ago, RICCruisers said:

The Thanks Bo. As usual, you have a calm take on answering questions from “nervous” cruisers. It could be X is still working on the logistics of how this will be implemented. As long as the cocktails continue to be served during dinner all will be OK. I know you are vegetarian. Do you plan to try Eden?

Bo - Just saw your reply about Eden in another topic. No need to answer here. 

Yes, I plan on trying as many eating venues during our seven (7) night sailing as possible.. by day three (3) each one will know that I Am vegan and expect a great meal, not repetitive, from each!

Cannot wait for reports to come back on the dining front for Vegetarians and Vegans, I bet it will be great!!

Thanks and bon voyage

23 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Eden may look good to him, in comparison!  😉

Nah...The  ballet  performers will be dressed  in nice costumes, and won't  touch us.., includes live music and will be over quicker!

Wish EDEN  restaurant could be booked for a meal....without the show! It is a unique space.....

3 hours ago, hcat said:

Nah...The  ballet  performers will be dressed  in nice costumes, and won't  touch us.., includes live music and will be over quicker!

Wish EDEN  restaurant could be booked for a meal....without the show! It is a unique space.....

Maybe they will have a "No Touch" section....😉

I was just looking at the X app for our upcoming cruise on Dec. 9. Some new info (to me) has been added regarding the specialty restaurants. Under the Fine Cut Steakhouse info there is a statement that a gratuity of 18 percent will be automatically added to the guest's bill. It also states that a dress code and a cancellation fee (amount not specified) applies to the specialty restaurants.

Edited by C-Dragons

We already booked  and pre paid for Fine Cut and Rooftop Grill..not sure if tip was included or added ..dh has to pull up our res..

We are not expecting to pay  any more than what was charged,  and  we actually expect they will give us the E plus 15 percent off

. With added in grats, we would also not be leaving anything additional.

Dh checked our res..we paid $55 pp for Fine Cut...and $45 pp for Rooftop... Res does not mention additional 18% anywhere, included or otherwise.   Maybe that is new or ????

Hope to get the E plus credit but if not we'll use if for a lunch at the Bistro  cafe or Seafood place..We will have some BOA OBC to spend...Just about everything else is pre paid

I have been looking at it too and the wording is similar online - I think it means if you add beverages or upcharge items, those will have the gratuity added - the steakhouse looks like it will have upcharge items and the ala carte places will have the 18% added. I think if the fee itself had the gratuity, they would charge us upfront as they do for the beverage packages. I could be wrong. :classic_smile:

6 minutes ago, Littlegov said:

On the other ships, like Silhouette, speciality dinning that we pre booked ,had a line to add gratitudes,was optional. 

Guess we will find out after the first few cruises.

Yes, let's hope it isn't a new thing. 🙂