Edge Specialty, Blu, and Suite Dining Questions

castle701

6 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Hopefully that second picture is really the "Jewel Box", as it is called. :classic_smile:

LOL, somehow I doubt a dining room that large would be considered the 'Jewel Box' unless there is a much larger DR attached to the other two (2).

I would tend to think that the room with seating for eight (8) is the REAL Jewel Box... LOL

No worries either way, still 22 people dining and we can share the table with those who wish to eat in that room as well.

I have emailed Ivana and presume she is busy with up-coming sailings to respond to mine which is in November 2019.

Thanks and bon voyage

What exactly is Captains club discount? I know elite plus gets 15 % off. Does Elite get anything?  I too ,used my shipboard credit for two dinners on my first cruise . the next one , I will be Elite Plus but got a three night package. I figured I would not get my;discount because the package was already  discounted. Very confusing. I assume this happens on all Celebrity ships,not jut the Edge.

8 hours ago, citruscruiser said:

I have booked some specialty restaurants, using OBC, for the upcoming Edge sailings and I will remind them of the Captain Club discounts.  Hopefully it will be as simple as putting a credit back on my account. Thanks for reminding me!

This has worked well for us..15%  discount for E plus.  We just bring the letter or perks list and they give us the credit.

One time glitch was on Infinity for a  Ca Coastal cruise in Tuscan ..maitre d made a big stink about it,  carried on and on,  and called all over the ship to verify.  Kind of ruined our meal

And to make things worse, when he did relent, because we were in a port with a tax (SF)  that night,  the new reduced charge came with a local tax...Guest Rel gave us a  credit back after reviewing our unsatisfactory encounter,.., but we did cancel the remainder of Specialty dining for that cruise

Hoping thngs run smoother on Edge!

Edited by hcat

I agree that suite passengers probably won’t be causing crowding in Blu. (I can report back after our Jan. 6 Edge cruise when we are booked in Aqua class.)

We have been booking Sky Suites the past few years and only once did we eat in Blu for breakfast just to see the restaurant. And as TeeRick pointed out above, Edge has a lot of choices for suite passengers (and all passengers.)

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

I think there are 106 Aqua cabins on Edge so perhaps a minimum of 212 Aqua guests.  What is the number of tables and seating capacity of Blu?

There are 126 seats inside and 22 seats outside for Blu. There are actually 126 AQ cabins now due to their changing other categories to AQ.

Luminae has 172 seats for 176 suites.

The 4 MDRs each have 342-346 seats for a total of 1378 seats for the 1165 remaining cabins (minus suites and AQ).

Specialties:

LGB  90

FCSH  122

Eden  100

Raw 60

MC 70

RTG 64

Total specialties 506 seats

OVC  826

Probably more than you wanted to know....:classic_smile:

Edited by vtcruising

Interesting..looks like the formula for AQ ..and Luminae is (loosely) 1 seat per cabin...obviously not everyone comes at the same time or each night..otherwise we,,d be sitting on each other's laps..

But with 176 suites, the potenial pool for BLU   diners is much greater than that of luminae ..

In my experience suite passengers do not overwhelm Luminae even on the Reflection which has the highest number of suites prior to Edge.  Many  suite guests do specialty dining which is free for premium suites.  Over many cruises I have hardly ever had to wait for more than a few minutes to get a table in Luminae.  Most nights not at all.  In speaking with suite guests prior to dinner in Michael's Club I have never heard of anybody speak about going to Blu for dinner.  Maybe not a statistical study- just my experience.  I still do not think suite guests are a major factor in Blu over-crowding and waiting times. Just a lot of aqua guests arriving at the same time.

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

In my experience suite passengers do not overwhelm Luminae even on the Reflection which has the highest number of suites prior to Edge.  Many  suite guests do specialty dining which is free for premium suites.  Over many cruises I have hardly ever had to wait for more than a few minutes to get a table in Luminae.  Most nights not at all.  In speaking with suite guests prior to dinner in Michael's Club I have never heard of anybody speak about going to Blu for dinner.  Maybe not a statistical study- just my experience.  I still do not think suite guests are a major factor in Blu over-crowding and waiting times. Just a lot of aqua guests arriving at the same time.

We can agree to disagree..it is all speculation at this point, and I hope you are the one who is correct ...

17 hours ago, hcat said:

We can agree to disagree..it is all speculation at this point, and I hope you are the one who is correct ...

OK no problem.  I hope you enjoy Aqua on Edge.  Perhaps if we sail together some day on Edge we can share a meal in both Blu and Luminae and get past the speculation.  I think I would enjoy that!

57 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

OK no problem.  I hope you enjoy Aqua on Edge.  Perhaps if we sail together some day on Edge we can share a meal in both Blu and Luminae and get past the speculation.  I think I would enjoy that!

57 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

An entry level suite  for a short cruise is on our radar , so we can  enjoy the Retreat area and luminae.and  priority debarkation..Depends on pricing!

Can't say that the L menu or photos catch our interest...we eat very plain and simple,  but I am sure we'd find some nice soups, salads and plainer fare there.

Ha under present rules ,we could try to dine in BLU...but would likely take advantage of suite perks

16 minutes ago, hcat said:

An entry level suite  for a short cruise is on our radar , so we can  enjoy the Retreat area and luminae.and  priority debarkation..Depends on pricing!

Can't say that the L menu or photos catch our interest...we eat very plain and simple,  but I am sure we'd find some nice soups, salads and plainer fare there.

Ha under present rules ,we could try to dine in BLU...but would likely take advantage of suite perks

We love Luminae! We have eaten in BLU and liked it very much, but feel that Luminae is a step above. I know that the menus in Luminae tend to sound exotic, and we have been amused at many of the descriptions, but the actual items aren’t that complicated, just delicious. And if you like soups, according to my DH, Luminae has the best soups on the ship (he's tried them all 😉).

On 11/6/2018 at 1:00 PM, omarchs said:

We are also in a sky suite for the Dec 9th and had similar questions after being underwhelmed

I know they will just credit you the 15% if you book a speciality on the ship. Expect they will credit it onboard if you book online. Not sure if you book a specialty in advance with onboard credit if you would receive the 15% onboard. We booked two with onboard credit.

On 11/7/2018 at 10:01 PM, citruscruiser said:

I have booked some specialty restaurants, using OBC, for the upcoming Edge sailings and I will remind them of the Captain Club discounts.  Hopefully it will be as simple as putting a credit back on my account. Thanks for reminding me!

On 11/7/2018 at 11:16 PM, Littlegov said:

What exactly is Captains club discount? I know elite plus gets 15 % off. Does Elite get anything?  I too ,used my shipboard credit for two dinners on my first cruise . the next one , I will be Elite Plus but got a three night package. I figured I would not get my;discount because the package was already  discounted. Very confusing. I assume this happens on all Celebrity ships,not jut the Edge.

On 11/8/2018 at 6:17 AM, hcat said:

This has worked well for us..15%  discount for E plus.  We just bring the letter or perks list and they give us the credit.

I have been an Elite Plus member for a couple of years and did not know that there was a 15% discount on Specialty restaurants.  Is this something new?

On our most recent cruises, we have  taken advantage of discounts that were offered onboard.  I assume there is no extra discount (like Elite+) with those?  

For our upcoming December 9th cruise on the Edge, we have also used our OBC, online, to purchase 2 Specialty restaurants at full price.  Who would we ask about getting our Elite+ discount applied and receive credit?

On 11/10/2018 at 2:23 PM, Iamthesea said:

I have been an Elite Plus member for a couple of years and did not know that there was a 15% discount on Specialty restaurants.  Is this something new?

On our most recent cruises, we have  taken advantage of discounts that were offered onboard.  I assume there is no extra discount (like Elite+) with those?  

For our upcoming December 9th cruise on the Edge, we have also used our OBC, online, to purchase 2 Specialty restaurants at full price.  Who would we ask about getting our Elite+ discount applied and receive credit?

I believe the 15% discount has been there since the beginning.  I have never used it, since I have normally gotten better discounts from various offers on board or when asking for them.  The discounts can't be combined.

I got a 30% specialty dining discount promo for our January Edge cruise.  So I started looking more closely at the various menus.  I had thought that Eden would be the place to try; but looking at the menu, I am really surprised at it.  I hope that what is online isn't the complete menu, since it is rather limited.  There are only 2 choices for each course.   It would certainly limit people's desire to dine there too many times without more variety.

Regarding the E+ dining discount, on the letter you receive from the Captain's Club Host in your stateroom it lists the discounts available to each member tier.  It also lists the times of the various Captains's Club activities.  When we used to receive the coupons for the discounts it was more obvious what the benefits are.  Also on the X site for Captain's Club it lists the benefits for each tier. 

9 hours ago, MVPinBoynton said:

I got a 30% specialty dining discount promo for our January Edge cruise.  So I started looking more closely at the various menus.  I had thought that Eden would be the place to try; but looking at the menu, I am really surprised at it.  I hope that what is online isn't the complete menu, since it is rather limited.  There are only 2 choices for each course.   It would certainly limit people's desire to dine there too many times without more variety.

I agree. We have reservations because I want the experience:

"As dusk falls and dinner is about to be served, the Edenists will dance down the spiraling staircase signaling  for guests to follow to their tables. Edenists make way for a dramatic solo dance performance; as the performance concludes, Edenists emerge from the kitchen with the first course, which is artfully paraded to the tables and given a table-side flourish. Throughout, Edenists visit each table, offering unique, immersive interactions, ranging from a tableside illusion to a musical interlude.

As the first course is finished, the full-cast of Edenists perform a multi-skilled pageant featuring dance, acrobatics, and a touch of magic occurring between the tables. As the Edenists disperse, the moon goddess Luna is lowered from the ceiling as she delivers a sultry song. Cue the second course.

As guests indulge, Eden shifts from the Moon to the Sun phase. At this time, Edenists initiate a second ‘immersive interlude’ wherein each table is given an intimate, interactive moment.

In the next phase of the evening, attendees are treated to additional pop-up performances around Eden,  including a singing duet between Helia (the Sun goddess) and Luna, a snake-inspired aerial-contortion performance, and ultimately a breathtaking Palm Rib Balance / Rigolo performance. Out of this dramatic performance, which crumbles with the power of a feather, Edenists facilitate serving of the dessert course,  which is paired with durational, ambient performances.

The Crescendo
 As the clock ‘strikes midnight’ guests journey through a vibrant crescendo featuring a duet vocal performance,  a full cast and Edenist dance performance, an acrobatic champagne-walk performance, with accompaniment  by a didgeridoo and beatbox duo."

I've got to see this! The food will play second fiddle, I think.  Though "out there," it will be such a unique experience that I want to be a part of it.  It will be one and done for us, I'm sure, but we will likely talk about it for years. 🙂🐍

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I agree. We have reservations because I want the experience:

"As dusk falls and dinner is about to be served, the Edenists will dance down the spiraling staircase signaling  for guests to follow to their tables. Edenists make way for a dramatic solo dance performance; as the performance concludes, Edenists emerge from the kitchen with the first course, which is artfully paraded to the tables and given a table-side flourish. Throughout, Edenists visit each table, offering unique, immersive interactions, ranging from a tableside illusion to a musical interlude.

As the first course is finished, the full-cast of Edenists perform a multi-skilled pageant featuring dance, acrobatics, and a touch of magic occurring between the tables. As the Edenists disperse, the moon goddess Luna is lowered from the ceiling as she delivers a sultry song. Cue the second course.

As guests indulge, Eden shifts from the Moon to the Sun phase. At this time, Edenists initiate a second ‘immersive interlude’ wherein each table is given an intimate, interactive moment.

In the next phase of the evening, attendees are treated to additional pop-up performances around Eden,  including a singing duet between Helia (the Sun goddess) and Luna, a snake-inspired aerial-contortion performance, and ultimately a breathtaking Palm Rib Balance / Rigolo performance. Out of this dramatic performance, which crumbles with the power of a feather, Edenists facilitate serving of the dessert course,  which is paired with durational, ambient performances.

The Crescendo
 As the clock ‘strikes midnight’ guests journey through a vibrant crescendo featuring a duet vocal performance,  a full cast and Edenist dance performance, an acrobatic champagne-walk performance, with accompaniment  by a didgeridoo and beatbox duo."

I've got to see this! The food will play second fiddle, I think.  Though "out there," it will be such a unique experience that I want to be a part of it.  It will be one and done for us, I'm sure, but we will likely talk about it for years. 🙂🐍

Well, I have to say that does sound unique. I hadn’t seen that description before. Thanks a bunch. 

8 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I was dragged to a suburban "Broadway Dinner Theater" last week.  The show was interesting.  The dinner was not.  So I will give Eden a pass. :classic_wink:

hj - Please promise us that you will at least stand in the wings to witness before shutting the door altogether on this experience! You might find it to be not only unique but possibly enjoyable to experience first hand!

Enjoy your sailing regardless and bon voyage