Going going gone sale

54 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

The prices are still mostly terrible but it looks like the new schedule may be to update the flier on Sundays as the sale now runs TUE-WED.

I saw it yesterday (Saturday).  Their new schedule might be as hard to pinpoint as so many other Royal procedures!  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

The prices are still mostly terrible but it looks like the new schedule may be to update the flier on Sundays as the sale now runs TUE-WED.

I still think the editor is playing a game of spot the bargain (7/23 Explorer sailing) in the sea of bad prices.

20 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The F&F flier updated yesterday with the same NE focus:

RCI Travel Agent Reduced Rates.xls - Compatibility Mode (rccl.com)

I give it a quick glance just to see if anything non-NE has been added then move on.

As a bargain hunter, I will miss the flier deals (which I actually used on my last 3 cruises). Thankfully I have found another avenue to keep me cruising at what I consider acceptable prices... they're just not the deals of past years obviously.

I give it a quick glance just to see if anything non-NE has been added then move on.

As a bargain hunter, I will miss the flier deals (which I actually used on my last 3 cruises). Thankfully I have found another avenue to keep me cruising at what I consider acceptable prices... they're just not the deals of past years obviously.

What kind of Avenue to find better prices. P,ease give me a hint. 

23 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

What kind of Avenue to find better prices. P,ease give me a hint. 

It's no big secret, @Ourusualbeach has mentioned them several times... TA group rates with a little OBC thrown in (which is new territory for me, as mentioned above, I'm used to booking myself using last minute deals, GGG, etc.).

My March 2024 Wonder cruise actually had a very reasonable rate (based on current Wonder prices at least, not past deal prices) but that was total dumb luck. That's my teacher wife's spring break so it wasn't like I said "I'm flexible, got any good deals?"

I mentioned that we also wanted to cruise in summer 2024 and my TA actually had the same rate in August but schools here start in August so I had to clarify that I really meant June/July, preferably June. My price isn't as good for June 2024 but it was acceptable to us. Also, unless we are able to sneak in another cruise (a long shot), that June cruise will be our first as D+.

Oh, and one last thing that makes the prices more palatable to me... these are refundable deposit assignable cabins. I previously booked almost nothing but GTYs, which was obviously fine with me, but choosing my cabin holds SOME value and the refundable deposit is obviously also beneficial now that I'm booking much farther out. I joked with him that I'm used to booking after final payment, a deposit of any kind isn't even a thing for me, lol (until now).

Hope this helps.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

It's no big secret, @Ourusualbeach has mentioned them several times... TA group rates with a little OBC thrown in (which is new territory for me, as mentioned above, I'm used to booking myself using last minute deals, GGG, etc.).

My March 2024 Wonder cruise actually had a very reasonable rate (based on current Wonder prices at least, not past deal prices) but that was total dumb luck. That's my teacher wife's spring break so it wasn't like I said "I'm flexible, got any good deals?"

I mentioned that we also wanted to cruise in summer 2024 and my TA actually had the same rate in August but schools here start in August so I had to clarify that I really meant June/July, preferably June. My price isn't as good for June 2024 but it was acceptable to us. Also, unless we are able to sneak in another cruise (a long shot), that June cruise will be our first as D+.

Oh, and one last thing that makes the prices more palatable to me... these are refundable deposit assignable cabins. I previously booked almost nothing but GTYs, which was obviously fine with me, but choosing my cabin holds SOME value and the refundable deposit is obviously also beneficial now that I'm booking much farther out. I joked with him that I'm used to booking after final payment, a deposit of any kind isn't even a thing for me, lol (until now).

Hope this helps.

Some group rates save a lot and some very little. I just added 4, mariner saved about $40, the others on adventure out of PC saved hundreds. Also just started DP340 or I dont think I'd be booking. Xmas on adventure 2024 is a holiday but the code works. Maybe xmas out of PC isnt that popular. Hope to be moved by then. Rcl hasnt has good last minute rates like carnival used to. Let me know if there is a bargain. 

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Let me know if there is a bargain.

Enchantment out of Tampa in the winter. 😁

I think I've had this conversation before.

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Some group rates save a lot and some very little

If I compare apples to apples, the prices for my Wonder interior assignable cabins were several hundreds less per person than what I see on the RC site (especially March). You likely know more than I do about this stuff. Maybe cabin type or solo has something to do with it? Maybe I got lucky? 🤷‍♀️

Edited by OCSC Mike

43 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Enchantment out of Tampa in the winter. 😁

I think I've had this conversation before.

If I compare apples to apples, the prices for my Wonder interior assignable cabins were several hundreds less per person than what I see on the RC site (especially March). You likely know more than I do about this stuff. Maybe cabin type or solo has something to do with it? Maybe I got lucky? 🤷‍♀️

Idk if there is any rhyme or reason. I was disappointed my 10 day radiance and mariner werent less. Galveston. ... but all my PC bookings are great deals. I knew my 8 days out of Galveston to coco cay would only go up, but now I think it hits around when I move. Out of florida cruises to coco cay arent special. They are a dime a dozen. Out of Galveston selling like hot cakes. 

34 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Almost reasonable balcony [guarantee] prices for a couple of Allure sailings from Galveston.

They're a steal compared to anything out of PC, lol.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

They're a steal compared to anything out of PC, lol.

Clearly I'm clicking on a old link then? I dont see Galveston.  ..if I wanted to see Croatia I'm set though.

How do I make it update?

20230530_095942406.jpeg

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Clearly I'm clicking on a old link then? I dont see Galveston.  ..if I wanted to see Croatia I'm set though.

How do I make it update?

You are looking at F&F, not GGG.

GGG link: https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Promotions/rci_sales_event_USD.pdf

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2023 at 1:18 PM, Biker19 said:

If you can make your way to Amsterdam, the usually very high-priced arctic crossing on Jewel (8/28) is on the flier.

I am. actually on that sailing and at least for us the airfare is really high.  

30 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

Is there a promo code you can put in when searching online TA's for the GGG prices? Or do you have to book through RCI?

No codes, the prices just show up when you search the RC website. I've never used an online TA so not sure how their prices react to the sales.

• Thanks 1

No codes, the prices just show up when you search the RC website. I've never used an online TA so not sure how their prices react to the sales.

If it's a really good promo price its booked in a couple of hours. If you dont see the price on rcl, its booked up. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RedIguana said:

Is there a promo code you can put in when searching online TA's for the GGG prices?

The flier price may or may not show on Tuesday. There's no guarantee of any of the flier prices nor that a flier is even in effect every week. Also, many times the GGG flier prices are for new bookings only.

Edited by Biker19

24 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The flier price may or may not show on Tuesday. There's no guarantee of any of the flier prices nor that a flier is even in effect every week. Also, many times the GGG flier prices are for new bookings only.

I was looking at them for new bookings, not a reprice, so all good there. I don't usually book direct through Royal, but use one of the online TA's for the additional bonus OBC, grats paid, etc. I have never been lucky enough to figure out how to find a TA with group rates apparently. I wasn't sure if there was a promo code to enter when looking at one of the sailings on the GGG flyer. I had tried to look at availability on one of the sailings from this weeks flyer. Royals website did not have the same price as the flyer (higher..figured GGG price sold out), and one of the online TA's also did not have the advertised GGG price, but did come in a few hundred lower than Royal. Wasn't sure if a promo code was needed, had to book through Royal website, or actually had to call to get the flyer price if still available. Since I am at a strange place in life at the time in that I have no cruises booked and my passport is out for renewal, I would happily book a bargain from the GGG flyer and let my daughter or wife fight for the extra spot in the cabin 🤪. Just have to figure out how to actually get the flyer price. I'll keep an eye on them for something that appeals to me over the next few months.