Breakaway - Will a 3rd chair fit on a standard balcony?

melodyesch

DH and I will have a balcony while my MIL will have an ocean view.  We wondered if a third chair will fit and if so, will the steward bring one, if asked?  Just if we all wanted a quiet place to sit and read and watch the waves.

thanks!

just got off the breakaway our balcony was on the 12th floor was very small, it barely fit two chairs and the little table, i know there are different sizes of balcony, theoretically i believe three chairs would fit if the little table was not there, but a very tight fit.  at least in the room we had

There are a relatively small number of balcony rooms with a decent sized balcony on the Breakaway. These are the aft rooms, the “large balcony” rooms on deck 9 and angled balconies.

Aft and Large balcony rooms are a specific category, so you would know if you are booked into one of them. The angled ones are (I believe) mixed in with other categories, but they can be identified on the deck plans.

If you are not in one of these rooms then the balcony is a tight fit even for two people. Whilst I expect that 3 people would fit, I wouldn’t want to try it.

The Breakaway standard balconies are tiny, but the aft balconies are HUGE. We had an aft balcony on Deck 12, and our balcony had 2 loungers and 2 chairs and a little table, and there was still tons of room. It was almost as big as the cabin.

My SIL & BIL had an inside, so they'd hang out with us -- there was plenty of room for four. If an upgrade to an aft is feasible (sometimes the prices are not that much more than a regular balcony), I'd recommend that.

Otherwise, head down to the Waterfront on deck 8 and grab a chair there! It's usually quiet until midway through the cruise when people discover that it's there.

Edited by dcipjr

24 minutes ago, cathi007 said:

Anyone know if the balcony on the Minis in the Escape are the same as the balcony rooms on the Breakaway? I have never been on either ship, but the balconies on the Gem were quite small

No. The balconies on the Escape are bigger than the Breakaway.

whilst NCL balcony sizes on NCL ships may generally not be that big, there is a specific problem with the Breakaway and Getaway which are really tiny. NCL seemed to learn from the feedback on those ships and made them bigger on the Escape (and later).

The balcony sizes on the Esxape are relatively similar to those on the Gem. The Breakaway ones are a lot smaller. Literally barely room for a couple to sit there.

Edited by KeithJenner

We are just off the Getaway last week, and we had an angled balcony which had two standard chairs, one lounge chair, and on small side table.  I don't think you could fit an additional chair unless you have an angled or large balcony (depth of standard balconies being the issue).

2 hours ago, dcipjr said:

The Breakaway standard balconies are tiny, but the aft balconies are HUGE. We had an aft balcony on Deck 12, and our balcony had 2 loungers and 2 chairs and a little table, and there was still tons of room. It was almost as big as the cabin.

Just to add, not all aft-facing balconies are huge. The depth differs by deck. The deepest is deck 9 and the least deep is deck 13. Deck 12 is the 2nd deepest. There are also differences in width on each deck.

I second the advice to upgrade to an aft balcony.  When I am not in the Haven, I book an aft balcony and absolutely love the space and the view. All three of you would love it.  Two wheels, for the difference in the width, which are the widest?

35 minutes ago, Shidah said:

Two wheels, for the difference in the width, which are the widest?

Bed-near-balcony will be wider than bed-near-closet but even then, there can be  slight differences between 2 that are both the same configuration. The most narrow on each deck (other than deck 10) is the balcony directly port side of the HC B1. On deck 10, the port side M1 is the more narrow of the 2 HC mini-suites.

Thanks.  I tried to enlarge pictures of the aft of the ship and was trying to measure the glass panels of the balconies.  I have the one in the middle of the three in between the HC b1 and the Haven aft, so hopefully my glass panel measuring technique was accurate.