No more Ribeye steaks at Cagneys?

fstuff1

All gone.

Check out our poll at time for a CC'er revolt?

Truth is they just ordered 6 billion dollars of new ships.

Not hard to figure out serving soup to the riff raff is cheaper.

It's always 5 O'clock on the ship. 😎

I remember going to Cagney's on the Spirit way back in 2008, before the dining plans. It was a fantastic experience. The steaks were delicious, and the shrimp were enormous. Last few visits have been unremarkable, to say the least. Still better than the MDR, but the new menus pale in comparison to the days before the SDP.

32 minutes ago, jpcdds6 said:

I remember going to Cagney's on the Spirit way back in 2008, before the dining plans. It was a fantastic experience. The steaks were delicious, and the shrimp were enormous. Last few visits have been unremarkable, to say the least. Still better than the MDR, but the new menus pale in comparison to the days before the SDP.

My experience, as we eat Cagney's at least once if not twice per cruise, is that the steaks are still delicious and the shrimp are still enormous...  We get the shrimp trio cocktail every time and they are humongous shrimp compared to most places.

Just got off Getaway Nov. 5, 2018. I was very disappointed that there was no ribeye on the menu at Cagney's. I ordered the filet, and my husband got the porterhouse which we shared. The filet was very good, but I would rather get the ribeye. The porterhouse was more meat than either of us really wanted.

We were just on the Dawn Oct 26 to November 9 and rib eye was on the menu. One of the nights we went they sad they were out of it.  The shrimp in the Shrimp Trio were big.  Everything was excellent . Only problem I had was with the baked potato not being nice and fluffy. We ate there 3 times and all my filets were cooked to a perfect medium rare.

On 11/15/2018 at 4:28 PM, cruiserssandr said:

We were just on the Dawn Oct 26 to November 9 and rib eye was on the menu. One of the nights we went they sad they were out of it.  The shrimp in the Shrimp Trio were big.  Everything was excellent . Only problem I had was with the baked potato not being nice and fluffy. We ate there 3 times and all my filets were cooked to a perfect medium rare.

We were on your Dawn cruise of Oct 26----Nov. 9th as well.  For one of our Platinum Perks, the four of us chose to dine at Cagney's.  One friend ordered Ribeye, and was told that they were all out.  The rest of us had the 5oz. Filet Mignon, or the Grilled Tuna.  Both dishes were delicious,  but it was sad that there was no Ribeye.

However, we noticed that Prime Rib was on the MDR menu a few days later.  People sitting nearby our table, seemed to enjoy that.

We chose Cagney's as a Platinum perk, but  would not pay extra to dine there on our own.

NCL is getting to be as costly as RCI.  They seem to be cutting a lot of things. If we pay  good money for a product and find the quality is not there you look elsewhere. I’ve never been on another line, but my cruise to Bermuda  is costing about $950 more this year.  Boston is my homeport so it’s convenient. But I’m hoping the Gem is as nice a cruise as last year out of NYC. 

9 minutes ago, ALS1214 said:

NCL is getting to be as costly as RCI.  They seem to be cutting a lot of things. If we pay  good money for a product and find the quality is not there you look elsewhere. I’ve never been on another line, but my cruise to Bermuda  is costing about $950 more this year.  Boston is my homeport so it’s convenient. But I’m hoping the Gem is as nice a cruise as last year out of NYC. 

We spent 10 days on the Gem in 2016, between New York and the Caribbean.  The ship is lovely, with two pools, The Great Outdoors, which is an outside buffet, a bridge viewing room, an Intact Spinnaker Lounge with huge viewing windows, and I think that it still has water slides----not sure about that.

I must say that I will miss the Dawn and her crew, especially Jose' and Patti who kept us so wonderfully entertained during our two week cruise last October.  I wish that they would transfer to the Gem.