Regal Princess. Tips

josephml1

On 11/16/2018 at 9:48 AM, framer said:

If the winds from the stern wonderful, with a breeze from the bow OK for me.  In weather; fun, if you like to stand up on a motorcycle at 60mph 😁.  Seriously in port it's great, order lunch/dinner from room service and enjoy. 

This just a mini suite not a suite. 

framer

I think at this time that the 4 staterooms mentioned(L/M107 & L/M108) are technically CC minis.  But boy those staterooms' balconies are sure big!  L108 is still available on our Baltic/TA itinerary in August, but for a TA I was a little leery and chose a CC midship, but looks like a nice stateroom otherwise!

Pooh

Edited by PoohUnderstands

4 hours ago, MrSchwump said:

Here's my tip.  As soon as you get to your room, turn the TV on and let that mandatory safety video play.  It runs about 10-15 minutes and you can't watch anything else until you let that play.  It's the same info you get at the muster drill.

And if you are in a mini you have to do this for each tv; doing one does not affect the other.  Kinda annoying.  So I agree with MrSchwump and play this while you are unpacking or looking around to get it over with!!!!

Pooh

4 hours ago, MrSchwump said:

Here's my tip.  As soon as you get to your room, turn the TV on and let that mandatory safety video play.  It runs about 10-15 minutes and you can't watch anything else until you let that play.  It's the same info you get at the muster drill.

Why do you need to let the safety video play when you have t go to the muster drill anyway?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, PoohUnderstands said:

And if you are in a mini you have to do this for each tv; doing one does not affect the other.  Kinda annoying.  So I agree with MrSchwump and play this while you are unpacking or looking around to get it over with!!!!

Pooh

I never did this and my TV's both worked fine.....what ship is this on?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MrSchwump said:

I don't remember that happening to us.

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Looks very inviting.  It must get crowded on one of Regal's standard balconies though...

We've had one in a regular balcony and it was tight but then again your  not up walking around.  They bring the table and it fits pretty nicely.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, hbrote said:

We've had one in a regular balcony and it was tight but then again your  not up walking around.  They bring the table and it fits pretty nicely.

It's such a shame that Princess ruined the average balcony on the Royal Class ships.

18 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

We just got off Caribbean Princess and also couldn’t watch anything on TV until the safety video played. The TV was one of the new ones; perhaps it’s only those that require watching the safety video. The on demand movie selection is great, with lots of new movies.

18 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

Most recently this happened on the CB.  I tried to use the tv and get around the safety video, but nothing worked until I let the safety video run its course.  If I wanted to use the other tv had to let the safety video run its course on it too.  Glad to hear it might not be on all ships, because it is slightly annoying, but just slightly.  I know now to check first thing and run it while unpacking if it is necessary.

Pooh

23 minutes ago, richsea said:

We just got off Caribbean Princess and also couldn’t watch anything on TV until the safety video played. The TV was one of the new ones; perhaps it’s only those that require watching the safety video. The on demand movie selection is great, with lots of new movies.

Was that before the Muster Drill?  I'm wondering if after the Muster Drill you no longer are required to watch the video to get to a normal channel.

8 hours ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

Was that before the Muster Drill?  I'm wondering if after the Muster Drill you no longer are required to watch the video to get to a normal channel.

No, in fact it was the 2nd day of our sailing. Could not change the channel until we watched thesafety show.