Booked Ruby-Here is Why

Cruiseathoning

It was a cruise.  It was a drivable port.  It was a good price.

The end.

Seriously I read and researched.  I liked the look of the menus, the investments in upgrades, the type of entertainment.  I hope it works out.  Some people on the same cruise have completely different opinions.  Same cruise.  After a while I had a hard time discerning objective from vindictive.  It looks like a nice ship so i decided not to overthink it.  I am optimistic but like with anything, I go with measured expectations.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cruiseathoning said:

It was a cruise.  It was a drivable port.  It was a good price.

The end.

Seriously I read and researched.  I liked the look of the menus, the investments in upgrades, the type of entertainment.  I hope it works out.  Some people on the same cruise have completely different opinions.  Same cruise.  After a while I had a hard time discerning objective from vindictive.  It looks like a nice ship so i decided not to overthink it.  I am optimistic but like with anything, I go with measured expectations.

Pretty much how I book any cruise.

Hello we were just on the Ruby it was great. Only 2 things wrong, cold food in main dinning room first 2 nights, and a cold shower one afternoon. Called front desk they said hot water at 7:30pm. We really enjoyed the cruise 7 day coastal.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

This thread is almost 3 years old.  Just sayin'...

Think you might be looking at the year the OP joined Cruise Critic. 

OP, prior to the Regal, the Ruby was our favourite Princess ship! You will enjoy it, especially with the attitude you’re going in with. 🙂

You can have two people on the same cruise with polar opposite experiences and opinions. Doesn’t mean one is right or one is wrong. We all have different expectations and opinions. One person’s “Yum” is another’s “Yuck.” No cruise is perfect. Heck, no one’s perfect. My home isn’t perfect and a ship deals with marine elements and thousands of people using and abusing it on a daily basis. A little rust? Doesn’t bother me. A spot on the rug? Doesn’t bother me. Can’t find something on the menu? I order something else off-menu that’s easy to prepare. 

Life is what you make of it. I love being on a ship. Period. End of story. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

We love the Ruby.

As do we.

Sailed on her for the Maiden Voyage and at the end of September this year just before she went into drydock.  Considered her to still be a beautiful ship then and is probably even better now since the drydock.

Joe

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:27 PM, Pam in CA said:

You can have two people on the same cruise with polar opposite experiences and opinions. Doesn’t mean one is right or one is wrong. We all have different expectations and opinions. One person’s “Yum” is another’s “Yuck.” No cruise is perfect. Heck, no one’s perfect. My home isn’t perfect and a ship deals with marine elements and thousands of people using and abusing it on a daily basis. A little rust? Doesn’t bother me. A spot on the rug? Doesn’t bother me. Can’t find something on the menu? I order something else off-menu that’s easy to prepare. 

Life is what you make of it. I love being on a ship. Period. End of story. 

Well said, Pam.  I wish everyone had the same attitude.