C&A reduced single fare trouble help

I have a conflict with Royalcaribbean and would like to ask your opinions about this.

I just reached 340 points after my last cruise 2 weeks ago. And I have 3 bookings for 2019 cruises that are made before i reach 340 points. All are for single person. While i was booking these cruises onboard, the future cruise sales person told me that now they make booking with %200 fare but it will be automaticly modified to %150 fare after i reach 340 points. And she also calculated the %150 fare price and told me. I also asked what happens if i pay full amount before i reach 340 points and she told me that the difference will be paid back to me for sure.

I waited for 1 week and after nothing happened automaticly, I called Royalcaribbean to make this modificationand and the answer i get is : "yes, we can modify these bookings for %150 fare, but we need to calculate the price with new price and the new price is about double what you booked". After our discussion, she told me that she will talk with her supervisor and call be back in maximum 40 minutes. Now, its almost 24 hours and nobody called me.

I also called Diamond Plus call center but the lady told me that she can not see my bookings and will not help me in any way because i am not American and that call center is ONLY for American citzens, which i found also racist.

Now, what should i do? Is there any other contact that i can try? I make all my bookings via website or onboard.

I don't think there is anything you can do.  The future cruise person gave you incorrect information.  Royal now re-prices cruises to the current price when virtually anything is modified.  This also happens to people who move up in C&A level and are eligible for a higher balcony discount.  They can get the higher balcony discount, but the cruise is repriced to current rates.

50 minutes ago, TRCruiser34 said:

I also called Diamond Plus call center but the lady told me that she can not see my bookings and will not help me in any way because i am not American and that call center is ONLY for American citzens, which i found also racist.

Why? C&A probably assumed that they can't see your bookings because you booked in another market so they are correct that in that case they are not supposed to help you.

You can always look at it this way: If the price you paid with the 200% fare is now less than the re-priced 150% fare, you're ahead of the game if you do nothing - and probably further ahead, because the OBC you received when booking on board and the D+ discount you received will probably go down/disappear with the re-pricing.

25 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Why? C&A probably assumed that they can't see your bookings because you booked in another market so they are correct that in that case they are not supposed to help you.

RCI have different call lines for different markets and its logic due to different language, working hours, sales strategy, etc. But there is just one call center for C&A and they must take care of customers worldwide. Getting help from that number is a benefit they promise to worldwide customers and they should do it.

6 minutes ago, orville99 said:

You can always look at it this way: If the price you paid with the 200% fare is now less than the re-priced 150% fare, you're ahead of the game if you do nothing - and probably further ahead, because the OBC you received when booking on board and the D+ discount you received will probably go down/disappear with the re-pricing.

The OBC i got is just 100USD but the difference (%200-150) calculated by them is more than 1.000USD per cruise. She even told me that when the fare will be adjusted as %75 of booking price, also my OBC will be 75USD. I asked her every detail and she give me very clear answers without thinking.

5 minutes ago, TRCruiser34 said:

RCI have different call lines for different markets and its logic due to different language, working hours, sales strategy, etc. But there is just one call center for C&A and they must take care of customers worldwide. Getting help from that number is a benefit they promise to worldwide customers and they should do it.

They can help everyone with C&A issues, but but necessarily booking/reservation issues - just like they may help you if your booking is with a TA, but they are not supposed to.

Biker, who was helped by C&A with a booking issue when holding a German market reservation but was told this was the exception.

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Just to clarify, because I specifically asked about this when checking a price with my TA for an onboard booking reservation I have.  The OBC received for booking onboard is NOT affected by changes to the reservation, unless you change the date/ship.  That OBC is untouchable from the original booking onboard.  Any PROMO OBC can change to whatever is being offered at the time of the change.

OP:  keep an eye on the prices, and if they go down, then make your request again for the 150% price.  Just because the price is higher now doesn't mean it will stay that way. 

3 hours ago, TRCruiser34 said:

I have a conflict with Royalcaribbean and would like to ask your opinions about this.

I just reached 340 points after my last cruise 2 weeks ago. And I have 3 bookings for 2019 cruises that are made before i reach 340 points. All are for single person. While i was booking these cruises onboard, the future cruise sales person told me that now they make booking with %200 fare but it will be automaticly modified to %150 fare after i reach 340 points. And she also calculated the %150 fare price and told me. I also asked what happens if i pay full amount before i reach 340 points and she told me that the difference will be paid back to me for sure.

I waited for 1 week and after nothing happened automaticly, I called Royalcaribbean to make this modificationand and the answer i get is : "yes, we can modify these bookings for %150 fare, but we need to calculate the price with new price and the new price is about double what you booked". After our discussion, she told me that she will talk with her supervisor and call be back in maximum 40 minutes. Now, its almost 24 hours and nobody called me.

Now, what should i do? Is there any other contact that i can try? I make all my bookings via website or onboard.

And it is certainly incorrect information that *anything* would be done "automatically".   You would always have to call and ask for modifications.

That alone would have made my antennae stand up straight!  (and alerted to the likelihood that the rest is also incorrect)

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

I'm in UK but booked thru USA agent and when I phoned the UK c&a number to amend my account as it wasn't matching with the booking I was told I would have to phone USA number as they (UK) couldn't see booking. The USA agent was able to solve problem quickly