Cyber Monday Sale - What will it be?

TrolleyGirl

2 hours ago, boards said:

Thank you.  We have not as yet received our welcome back obc from Hal yet, I was wondering if they were still sending them.   The cost of the cruise is still the same on the website, so I am guessing we will not save any money there, but the extras free gratuities and the beverage card would be a nice savings.   We are doing the S. Pacific crossing to Australia again for the third time if all goes well.

They very rarely send the Welcome Back email.  Just ask your TA/PCC to apply the ZPM promo to your booking.  You don’t need an invite to request it.  🙂

Quick update.  Big box TA was able to successfully create a new booking for August 2020 cruise with HAL without losing any of the HAL OBC ($300) that we received by booking on board last month. Did not have to place any additional deposit with big box TA. :classic_biggrin:  Received cyber promo as well as $900 OBC from TA.  Very happy.  Only had to endure 2 hrs and 30 minutes of canned music while on hold. :classic_rolleyes:

5 hours ago, boards said:

Thank you.  We have not as yet received our welcome back obc from Hal yet, I was wondering if they were still sending them.   The cost of the cruise is still the same on the website, so I am guessing we will not save any money there, but the extras free gratuities and the beverage card would be a nice savings.   We are doing the S. Pacific crossing to Australia again for the third time if all goes well.

Happy to report that we were able to have the Cyber Sale added with no lost of previous OBC's and got a price change as well.  

I just booked a 15 day transatlantic October 2020 Rotterdam cruise from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale - for a solo. Got $50 shipboard credit, and I a $25 beverage card,  and free gratuities plus I have 2 Amex offers I can add on-1 to save $100,and one to get 10,000 points and I should get my ZPN credit, too. I didnt even know about the Cyber Sale! 

Reading through this thread it seems that some people added the Cyber sale perks and were able to keep their OBC, even from the cruise line, not just a TA.  We booked with the flexible fare option (not Explore 4 or anything special) and had received $150 OBC.  In order to add the cyber sale perks we had to give up the credit.  Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful that it was added with only a 30 minute call.  We came out about $150 "ahead".  But I'm just wondering why we couldn't have kept the credit too.  

What could explain the different results people are getting? 

59 minutes ago, highlandmom said:

Reading through this thread it seems that some people added the Cyber sale perks and were able to keep their OBC, even from the cruise line, not just a TA.  We booked with the flexible fare option (not Explore 4 or anything special) and had received $150 OBC.  In order to add the cyber sale perks we had to give up the credit.  Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful that it was added with only a 30 minute call.  We came out about $150 "ahead".  But I'm just wondering why we couldn't have kept the credit too.  

I just booked a new cruise yesterday under the Cyber Fare and got the $50 OBC, $25 beverage card and free grats, all as expected.

Then I had my PCC look at the other 2 cruises I have booked to see if she could get me any of the Cyber deals added.  She was not able to on one cruise as my category is already sold out.  On the second, my base fare is well below the current price, so I was out of luck there.  Perhaps these situations explain a bit the differences in what people are reporting results wise.

59 minutes ago, highlandmom said:

It might depend on why you received your OBC in the first place.  For example, I received my OBC from booking with a FCD, booking within 60 days of disembarkation, booking with a PCC in November and being a CCL shareholder.  All those still held true when I added the Cyber Sale benefits.  However, if I had refared in December, it would have been past the 60 days and I would likely have to give up the Welcome Back (ZPM) and the PCC OBCs.  I would have still gotten the FCD and shareholder OBC.

What I don't understand, from posts within this thread, is why people got OBC through the Cyber Sale.  I don't see any OBC component to the perks.  But, perhaps, they got it for reasons other than the Cyber Sale and are attributing it to the Cyber Sale.

Just now, Alberta Quilter said:

It might depend on why you received your OBC in the first place.  For example, I received my OBC from booking with a FCD, booking within 60 days of disembarkation, booking with a PCC in November and being a CCL shareholder.  All those still held true when I added the Cyber Sale benefits.  However, if I had refared in December, it would have been past the 60 days and I would likely have to give up the Welcome Back (ZPM) and the PCC OBCs.  I would have still gotten the FCD and shareholder OBC.

What I don't understand, from posts within this thread, is why people got OBC through the Cyber Sale.  I don't see any OBC component to the perks.  But, perhaps, they got it for reasons other than the Cyber Sale and are attributing it to the Cyber Sale.

AQ - I am sure my $50 OBC came through the Cyber Sale - although I was surprised I got it.  The other OBC I got I was expecting as came out as I thought.  I did book a Vista suite, so maybe that was the reason?

34 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

AQ - I am sure my $50 OBC came through the Cyber Sale - although I was surprised I got it.  The other OBC I got I was expecting as came out as I thought.  I did book a Vista suite, so maybe that was the reason?

But you also book with a PCC, don't you?  Maybe it came from booking with a PCC in November and not the Cyber Sale.  We got $37.50 pp for booking with the PCC but we booked a verandah.  Perhaps the Vista Suite garners the $50.  Was that per person?

48 minutes ago, Alberta Quilter said:

But you also book with a PCC, don't you?  Maybe it came from booking with a PCC in November and not the Cyber Sale.  We got $37.50 pp for booking with the PCC but we booked a verandah.  Perhaps the Vista Suite garners the $50.  Was that per person?

Yes, I book with a PCC.  It was per person.  I had not heard of the Nov promotion for booking thru a PCC - where did you see that?

39 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Yes, I book with a PCC.  It was per person.  I had not heard of the Nov promotion for booking thru a PCC - where did you see that?

My PCC told me about it when I had him double check (and correct) my OBC.  I was expecting $300 plus the CCL shareholder credit but got $375 plus the shareholder credit (after the correction).

1 hour ago, Alberta Quilter said:

My PCC told me about it when I had him double check (and correct) my OBC.  I was expecting $300 plus the CCL shareholder credit but got $375 plus the shareholder credit (after the correction).

Just off the phone with my PCC concerning yesteday's booking.  She was able to get me another $150 per person off on the cruise, so that was nice.  It seems like there are still some website issues that conflict with what I am seeing and what the PCC sees when booking.  So, be SURE you know the website price before you call to book.

1 minute ago, DaveOKC said:

Just off the phone with my PCC concerning yesteday's booking.  She was able to get me another $150 per person off on the cruise, so that was nice.  It seems like there are still some website issues that conflict with what I am seeing and what the PCC sees when booking.  So, be SURE you know the website price before you call to book.

Problem is that I can't see the various sub categories within a category.  I'm only given a choice between obstructed and non-obstructed verandah, not a VA, VB, VC, etc.  I can get somewhat close but not bang on.

17 minutes ago, Alberta Quilter said:

Problem is that I can't see the various sub categories within a category.  I'm only given a choice between obstructed and non-obstructed verandah, not a VA, VB, VC, etc.  I can get somewhat close but not bang on.

Try selecting a random cabin with the category you want  - that should give you the pricing and you can go from there.  It may take several tries.

Another option is to use a famous TRAVEL website to get the specific category pricing.

6 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

I was curious about the “November PCC OBC” so asked out PCC and found it’s for new bookings only. Of course now he’s suggesting we make a new booking today to take advantage of it. 🤣

It’s all good, we’re just happy saving over $2000 on the ones we have. 🙂

I suspect you have our former PCC's replacement as your new PCC as I do.  He's the one that offered it to me.  I did make two new bookings a couple of weeks ago.  

7 minutes ago, Alberta Quilter said:

I suspect you have our former PCC's replacement as your new PCC as I do.  He's the one that offered it to me.  I did make two new bookings a couple of weeks ago.  

I was wondering too. M.R. ? Doing a great job so far. I’m happy for our former PCC, she’s thrilled to be able to stay home with her new baby. 🙂