Princess Booking transfer policy

GTCruiser37

11 hours ago, Thrak said:

I have 3 cruises booked with Princess. They were booked in May, July, and September. All are outside the 60 day limit. This was a pretty nasty surprise. I just found out about it as I have been sailing on Princess cruises for the past month - we sailed 2 days before the "non-announcement" of this change. What a crock.

If you want to transfer it to a TA do it right now!

We received an email from our TA this week that after all of the uproar Princess was allowing a one time exception and if we wanted to transfer any sailings to her we needed to do it ASAP.

If you let it drag on you won't be able to.

It was pretty much the same as the one jagoffee received above:

Better Hurry

Princess has recently implemented a new transfer policy which went into effect November 12, 2018.

Bookings that are booked directly with Princess may only be transferred to an agent within 60 days of booking creation so long as (a) the request is made outside of final payment period, and (b) the booking is not paid in full.

Princess will make a one-time exception until 12/31/18.  Don’t wait, send me your bookings now!

Edited by chamima

I was told they would email a transfer form to me, I fill it in, and fax it back to Princess. I had booked online, had it on hold without a deposit, called Princess to transfer, but they would not transfer it until they received faxed form.

dog, in your case you are well within the 60 day transfer limit, BUT Princess is now being real sticklers in requiring the form to be sent from the pax to accomplish the transfer.  In the past, my TA could just pick it up herself when I called to transfer; now I must send in the form to Princess first.

2 hours ago, cherylandtk said:

dog, in your case you are well within the 60 day transfer limit, BUT Princess is now being real sticklers in requiring the form to be sent from the pax to accomplish the transfer.  In the past, my TA could just pick it up herself when I called to transfer; now I must send in the form to Princess first.

Actually, I was within 1 day until final payment was due. In the past  I've always transferred with just a phone call to Princess.

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 4:38 PM, kjg46 said:

I can live with the new Princess transfer policies if I know all the rules of the game before I play.,. Like many others, we usually book with Princess and then later prior to final payment transfer to a TA. What I fear might happen, say the Princess cruise price goes down after transfer to TA. Will the TA be able to reprice through Princess or our we now locked out of future Princess promotions and prices reductions?? "The unknowns we don't know"

Good question.  We have 2 cruises booked for 2020, which were booked when they first opened.  I never got any notification.  I usually check the Princess site for price reductions so I don't have to bother our TA.  Now what?  

23 minutes ago, compozer said:

I faxed in the form yesterday morning and today the cruises were transferred to my TA.

you're fortunate. I faxed my transfer request Wednesday and got a rejection email today. This is my first cruise with princess and it's really not making me eager to book any more (although at least I'll be aware of the new rules). Guess I'll be spending time on the phone on monday to see if I can get this transfer through. Never received any notification from princess. Really a shabby way to treat customers.

Edited by yerdua

you "bother" your TA - that's their job, right ???

now you have to also decide - big box TA that gives OBC and / or discounts - but doesn't forward upsells, moveovers, or price reductions ...

or stay and take your chances managing your cruise directly with Princess..

9 hours ago, dog said:

I was told they would email a transfer form to me, I fill it in, and fax it back to Princess. I had booked online, had it on hold without a deposit, called Princess to transfer, but they would not transfer it until they received faxed form.

Can you post the form here so we can fill out for our TA?Thanks

31 minutes ago, mellon1 said:

Can you post the form here so we can fill out for our TA?Thanks

Please complete and return this form to Revenue Support at revenuesupportdepartment@princesscruises.com or fax at 6612918680. If you would like to transfer multiple cabins, a form must be signed and submitted by one guest per cabin.

Bookings may only be transferred within 60 days of booking creation so long as (a) the request is made outside the Final Payment period, and (b) the booking is not paid in full.

Reservation Transfer Request Form

Booking Information

Booking reference # (REQUIRED)

Ship Name

Sail Date (MM/DD/YYYY)

Travel Agency Name (if applicable)

Voyage Number

Guest Name(s)

Home telephone number

Email address

Change Requested (please select one of the below)

Direct Booking to Agency

Agency Booking to New Agency

Agency Booking to Direct

New Agency Name (if applicable):

Phone Number of New Agency (if applicable):

New Travel Agent’s Name (if applicable):

FOR INTERNAL USE ONLY: New Agency ID

Reason for Transfer (for quality assurance purposes)

In requesting this transfer, I understand the new Travel Agent above will be responsible for ongoing booking support, and will have access to the personal information of all travelers on the booking. I understand current valueadded promotions may not be applicable under the new Travel Agency.

Payment Information

•   I acknowledge that if a booking payment was made via guest check or credit card, the funds will remain

on the booking.

•   I acknowledge that if a booking payment was made via travel agency check, the funds will be refunded

to the original agency unless Princess Cruises receives a letter of authorization which specifically states that any or all of the funds may be transferred to the transferred booking. If the original agency does not send Princess Cruises this letter, I understand that I must make a new payment on the transferred booking within one week of the transfer date. I am responsible for recovering monies from the original agency. Princess Cruises is not responsible for the refund on the original payment(s).

By signing this form, you are requesting your booking and related information to be transferred to the abovelisted New Agency. Going forward, please contact the new agency for any bookingrelated questions. We look forward to welcoming you on board.

Signature

Name (please print)

Signature

Date

You can fill this form out on your computer, save, and print. Please sign where indicated and return via email or facsimile.

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

you "bother" your TA - that's their job, right ???

now you have to also decide - big box TA that gives OBC and / or discounts - but doesn't forward upsells, moveovers, or price reductions ...

or stay and take your chances managing your cruise directly with Princess..

I don't want to bother mine either.   I know what cruise destination I want, the ship, the date, and the cabin I want.   Why bother her - easier to just book it myself and transfer it later.     I like to keep mine until I have my flights.  I usually book two years out and I can't do flight the first year.       My TA gives me a discount, obc and calls when there is a sale or some promotion.  She replies within a half hour, even on weekends and when she is traveling.   My cabin category normally is sold out so there is no chance of getting an upgrade or upsell. 

8 minutes ago, mthomp5 said:

The transfer request form says, “I understand current valueadded promotions may not be applicable under the new Travel Agency.”

Does that mean a TA may not be able to refare under a new promotion?

For transfer purposes.......it is not re-fared unless you make a new booking.

The booking stays intact as far as the promo when you transfer.

Your TA can expand on that. Ask them directly.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chamima said:

Please complete and return this form to Revenue Support at revenuesupportdepartment@princesscruises.com or fax at 6612918680. If you would like to transfer multiple cabins, a form must be signed and submitted by one guest per cabin.

Bookings may only be transferred within 60 days of booking creation so long as (a) the request is made outside the Final Payment period, and (b) the booking is not paid in full.

Booking Information

Ship Name

Sail Date (MM/DD/YYYY)

Travel Agency Name (if applicable)

Voyage Number

Guest Name(s)

Home telephone number

Email address

Change Requested (please select one of the below)

Direct Booking to Agency

Agency Booking to New Agency

Agency Booking to Direct

New Agency Name (if applicable):

Phone Number of New Agency (if applicable):

New Travel Agent’s Name (if applicable):

FOR INTERNAL USE ONLY: New Agency ID

Reason for Transfer (for quality assurance purposes)

In requesting this transfer, I understand the new Travel Agent above will be responsible for ongoing booking support, and will have access to the personal information of all travelers on the booking. I understand current valueadded promotions may not be applicable under the new Travel Agency.

Payment Information

•   I acknowledge that if a booking payment was made via guest check or credit card, the funds will remain

on the booking.

•   I acknowledge that if a booking payment was made via travel agency check, the funds will be refunded

to the original agency unless Princess Cruises receives a letter of authorization which specifically states that any or all of the funds may be transferred to the transferred booking. If the original agency does not send Princess Cruises this letter, I understand that I must make a new payment on the transferred booking within one week of the transfer date. I am responsible for recovering monies from the original agency. Princess Cruises is not responsible for the refund on the original payment(s).

By signing this form, you are requesting your booking and related information to be transferred to the abovelisted New Agency. Going forward, please contact the new agency for any bookingrelated questions. We look forward to welcoming you on board.

Signature

Name (please print)

Signature

Date

You can fill this form out on your computer, save, and print. Please sign where indicated and return via email or facsimile.

Thank you.  My TA doesn't work weekends.  Hopefully next week will be good enough.  This is why I book with Princess.  I usually do my cruise investigating on the weekends and they are not open, so I book with Princess to catch the room we want and date and special.  They are really making it more difficult

15 hours ago, chamima said:

Please complete and return this form to Revenue Support at revenuesupportdepartment@princesscruises.com or full.

Booking Information

Ship Name

Sail Date (MM/DD/YYYY)

Name (please print)

Signature

Date

Extremeny nice of you to take the time to paste the form into the thread. 

One of the things that makes this board home is people like you. 

Easy to direct someone on a scavenger hunt. Quite another to go the extra mile to really help.

Thank you !! 😃😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ep010835 said:

Extremeny nice of you to take the time to paste the form into the thread. 

One of the things that makes this board home is people like you. 

Easy to direct someone on a scavenger hunt. Quite another to go the extra mile to really help.

Thank you !! 😃😃

And thank YOU!!!

You made me feel really good! :classic_biggrin: