Is there a special dinner on christmas ?

drneal

My experience was carved Ham and Turkey stations, homemade pies. Ironically just had a great Thanksgiving meal on Serenade yesterday with almost same Holiday meal, had 2 pieces pie and took one back to room for today but it didn't make it that long. Weird thing was only had Beef Gravy, no Turkey Gravy. WindJammer has come long way in last 30yrs, Dinner is now better then Main Dining. Also Prime Rib carving was on a Formal nite last cruise and this one...

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 hour ago, drneal said:

I will be on Mariner of the Seas on Christmas.

Does anyone know if there is a special dinner in the dining room 

or maybe prime rib carving station in Windjammer ?

I can’t answer your Windjammer question, but on Christmas day last year on the Anthem there was a special Christmas dinner menu in the MDR. I have to look to see if I took a picture of it. 

Edit to add:  I don’t seem to have a picture of the menu. I remember one of the entrees being beef brisket. 

Edited by KelJ

We will also be on Mariner for Christmas.  Last time we did a Christmas cruise they had a turkey dinner option in the MDR so assuming they will have the same this year.  Cannot wait to cruise over Christmas again.  We have pretty much decided this will be an annual thing for us - cruise over Christmas!

Interesting about turkey and prime rib.

Turkey is a last night staple on cruises departing from US ports

Prime rib is also a staple on one night of cruises departing from US ports.

Based on reports over the years, turkey is always offered on the actual US Thanksgiving day.  Not sure if they also still offer it on the last night of a cruise.

Based on the some of the responses, turkey is also offered on Christmas day.  But prime rib isn't.  To me a beef rib roast is more a traditional Christmas dish than turkey.

Just an observation.

14 minutes ago, gatour said:

Interesting about turkey and prime rib.

Turkey is a last night staple on cruises departing from US ports

Prime rib is also a staple on one night of cruises departing from US ports.

Based on reports over the years, turkey is always offered on the actual US Thanksgiving day.  Not sure if they also still offer it on the last night of a cruise.

Based on the some of the responses, turkey is also offered on Christmas day.  But prime rib isn't.  To me a beef rib roast is more a traditional Christmas dish than turkey.

Just an observation.

Must be a regional thing, Christmas for everyone I know it’s a turkey dinner.

If we are home for Christmas we usually have a nice filet mignon or beef tenderloin. But that is because that is what our 3 kids vote for. 

But it last Christmas on the Allure I do remember turkey because my mom loves a good turkey and gravy dinner. 

4 hours ago, starrcards said:

Christmas dinner must not be memorable.  It seems no one has an old menu picture to share.

It isn’t.  They add one or two entrees.  One will be turkey with all the fixings, which is nearly identical to the regular menu offering on a non holiday week.  

Prime rib  is also available one day during a week long cruise, holiday or no.  

• Like 1