WOW! Loved Le Petit Chef on Celebrity!!

katiegirl1264

Hi everybody! Just wanted to share my thoughts about our amazing experience seeing Le Petit Chef at Qsine. My husband and I have been to a lot of dinners in our life (haven't we all!) but it was exciting to see something new and innovative. So fun having each course (4 courses), then seeing this beautiful animation right on our plate between each one. Dinner and a show, what could be better! We really had a great time and are looking forward to seeing it again. Happy Cruising!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were seated at a table for two. Unintentionally, we got there early before the doors opened, so we pretty much had our choice of table. The restaurant wasn't full the night we went and while I enjoyed the show - which was to schedule - I wonder why we'd go back if the show and the menu are the same? 

Edited by mazza

Le Petit Chef comes in for quite a bit of criticism or 'good to see one-time only' comments on here, but we are in your camp OP; we thoroughly enjoyed it and thought it very clever and whimsical.

We had an 8-night dinner package on a 12-night cruise and enjoyed Murano but didn't love it as much as many - we did love Tuscan Grill however - and so we went to Le Petit Chef twice and still smiled the second time.  Of course we enjoyed the food too, or we would not have gone back.

I realise that for larger parties who wish to chat over food, or couples who like to linger over meals then it might not suit, but for two people who get to talk to each other all the time, then it can be very entertaining.  We may do it again in future, but only for a discounted price.  However, that applies to ALL of the Speciality restaurants for me!

3 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

Le Petit Chef comes in for quite a bit of criticism or 'good to see one-time only' comments on here, but we are in your camp OP; we thoroughly enjoyed it and thought it very clever and whimsical.

We had an 8-night dinner package on a 12-night cruise and enjoyed Murano but didn't love it as much as many - we did love Tuscan Grill however - and so we went to Le Petit Chef twice and still smiled the second time.  Of course we enjoyed the food too, or we would not have gone back.

I realise that for larger parties who wish to chat over food, or couples who like to linger over meals then it might not suit, but for two people who get to talk to each other all the time, then it can be very entertaining.  We may do it again in future, but only for a discounted price.  However, that applies to ALL of the Speciality restaurants for me!

We agree with you.  It was new and innovative and not for everyone, but we did enjoy it one time.  

10 hours ago, 2chiefs said:

I saw it on Youtube and seemed a little silly to me. Perhaps it doesn't translate well on youtube vs in person?

T

Seeing it in person, right in front of you, really is key and makes it come alive. It was a different and delightful experience that we thoroughly enjoyed. I highly recommend checking it out when you board Reflection. Have a wonderful trip!!

18 hours ago, mazza said:

We were seated at a table for two. Unintentionally, we got there early before the doors opened, so we pretty much had our choice of table. The restaurant wasn't full the night we went and while I enjoyed the show - which was to schedule - I wonder why we'd go back if the show and the menu are the same? 

There is an alternate menu of french onion soup, sea bass and sauteed chicken, so we were considering having that when we take our next trip. Although the steak was so good, I might have the same again. Someone posted on cruise critic a sneak peak of brand new animation from the Edge ship. Looked pretty cool. So they'll probably have a new show at some point.

Edited by katiegirl1264

13 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

Glad to hear you're in my camp too! We would happily see it again as well 🙂

1 hour ago, katiegirl1264 said:

Seeing it in person, right in front of you, really is key and makes it come alive. It was a different and delightful experience that we thoroughly enjoyed. I highly recommend checking it out when you board Reflection. Have a wonderful trip!!

Thanks.

Perhaps we'll give it a go.

T

We just did a TA on the Reflection. We ate at Murano twice, Tuscan and Lawn Club and Petite Chef. I had purchased the 4 night package so each only cost $32 extra pp. I thought they were all worth the up charge and enjoyed them all. I had watched the YouTube video of the experience so I knew what to expect. I didn't tell my wife anything before hand so she was surprised and delighted. My biggest surprise was the food. I actually enjoyed the meal more than all the others. (I liked them all). I had never had Bouillabaisse and was going to get Onion soup instead but decided to give it a shot even though I thought I wouldn't like Mussels. I was wrong, it was delicious. The steak was cooked perfectly and tender as could be. I liked the lobster even more than Murano's. 

Would I go back? Maybe. Especially if they change the menu and show. It was a fun evening. (We shared with another couple we met on the ship and we had a great time)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, StillLooking4Adventure said:

We just did a TA on the Reflection. We ate at Murano twice, Tuscan and Lawn Club and Petite Chef. I had purchased the 4 night package so each only cost $32 extra pp. I thought they were all worth the up charge and enjoyed them all. I had watched the YouTube video of the experience so I knew what to expect. I didn't tell my wife anything before hand so she was surprised and delighted. My biggest surprise was the food. I actually enjoyed the meal more than all the others. (I liked them all). I had never had Bouillabaisse and was going to get Onion soup instead but decided to give it a shot even though I thought I wouldn't like Mussels. I was wrong, it was delicious. The steak was cooked perfectly and tender as could be. I liked the lobster even more than Murano's. 

Would I go back? Maybe. Especially if they change the menu and show. It was a fun evening. (We shared with another couple we met on the ship and we had a great time)

I’m convinced 

And, I’m not telling hubby a word about it. It will be fun to see his reaction. 

I just checked out the new menu on the Edge. I would definitely NOT go back unless they dropped the price in half.

Why? Because I just checked out the new menu on the Edge. It doesn't compare to the original. Salad instead of Bouillabaisse?  Ravioli instead of Lobster?  Steak Frites instead of Filet Mignon? 

No comparison.

On 11/25/2018 at 8:16 PM, StillLooking4Adventure said:

We thought the same about the food. It was delicious!

We Found LPC to be just Awful......it was like dining at Disney....and while Disney does this fantastic.....Celebrity does it Mediocre....Very little choice offered as the video show is made with the meal in mind.....So the meal is what it is....What if your not in the mood for That meal That night?  Too bad, suck it up and enjoy.  Want to go to the resroom?, they advise you to hurry or wait until the "chef" takes his break....People videotaping and talking throughout the presentation?  YES...Whats better then experiencing.. Sharing loudly.  

We have been lucky to eat as the same meals as LPC in Dubai and at a wedding in Paris.....It is a gimmick and one we were tired of off the bat.  I would rather just have a Very Well Cooked meal in the restaurant.....options are key to us.....which is why we enjoy cruises.   For all those who have not seen this technology 5 years ago......I am sure it is Kitsch.....but please Celebrity Stop Copying and innovate for a change!  

Safe travels to all.

3 hours ago, cruiseerf said:

We Found LPC to be just Awful......it was like dining at Disney....and while Disney does this fantastic.....Celebrity does it Mediocre....Very little choice offered as the video show is made with the meal in mind.....So the meal is what it is....What if your not in the mood for That meal That night?  Too bad, suck it up and enjoy.  Want to go to the resroom?, they advise you to hurry or wait until the "chef" takes his break....People videotaping and talking throughout the presentation?  YES...Whats better then experiencing.. Sharing loudly.  

We have been lucky to eat as the same meals as LPC in Dubai and at a wedding in Paris.....It is a gimmick and one we were tired of off the bat.  I would rather just have a Very Well Cooked meal in the restaurant.....options are key to us.....which is why we enjoy cruises.   For all those who have not seen this technology 5 years ago......I am sure it is Kitsch.....but please Celebrity Stop Copying and innovate for a change!  

Safe travels to all.

Obviously it is very appropriate for you to offer your opinion of the experience.

i am not sure if you realize that you expressed your opinion in a way that comes across as slightly insulting to those that enjoyed the experience. (IMO)

i am looking forward to my first experience in January.  I did not enjoy my previous Qsine experience, so I am glad Celebrity is trying something new.

I am glad to hear that Celebrity will not be stopping the presentation everytime someone in the venue wants to take a restroom or smoke break.  I cannot understand how this can be a negative.

Edited by jagoffee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cruiseerf said:

Safe travels to all.

Wow. It certainly doesn't seem too smart of you to go to LPC in the first place. You knew ahead of time that

1. There is a fixed suggested menu to go with the show

2. You knew the show was a timed event.

3. You had already experienced it elsewhere and thought it was "Kitsch

4. You went anyway.

You thought it was "Awful" Why? Because of the above reasons, not because of the food. Very odd. If I were you, I would make my choices of restaurants more carefully.

Just a piece of advice, If you go to McDonalds, don't be surprised when they serve you fast food and there are kids in the restaurant.