RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

10 minutes ago, Waves2land said:

Has anyone who has placed a bid, went in to modify, and it says “no cruises found” actually win their bid?  I emailed RC and they said it can be modified until accepted, but my point is that the screen to modify doesn’t come up like it does for other bids.

If we didn’t win that bid it changes how we bid on the other cabins.

We are nearing the deadline....and I’m getting excited for an upgrade!

Yep - happened to me.  The Owner's Suite is no longer available.  I suspect this is happening when the room is firmed up and no longer available as an option for the upgrade program (albeit the flaw in the assumption is what about last minute cancellations)

Our cruise is on Feb 22, and bids still showing as pending.  Getting a little nervous as many people posted getting upgrades well before their sale dates.

Edited by Sailing_Canuck

We are sailing on the Allure on April 21st and were just sent the Royal up email. We are currently in a boardwalk balcony, 2nd to last....which gives great views of the aqua theatre and Im sure partial views of the wake of the ship...we were only offered ocean view, spacious ocean view and junior suite room ranging from minimum bids of 50 - 300pp. No thank you, I dont think dinner in coastal kitchen , and priority boarding is worth losing my hand picked cabin, 2 soda packages and Johnny rocket package. Im not worried about a larger cabin, nor a bathtub. The only suite I wouldve bid on wb aqua suite or the crown loft with 2 bathrooms, which wb TOTALLY worth it lol. Looking forward to sitting on my balcony, food and drink in hand, watching the Aqua show...60 more days!

1 hour ago, Waves2land said:

Has anyone who has placed a bid, went in to modify, and it says “no cruises found” actually win their bid?  I emailed RC and they said it can be modified until accepted, but my point is that the screen to modify doesn’t come up like it does for other bids.

If we didn’t win that bid it changes how we bid on the other cabins.

We are nearing the deadline....and I’m getting excited for an upgrade!

When I checked on my Royal Up offer about 6 weeks before my January cruise, it said expired on two cabin categories that I had bid on, and on the third it said pending.  I was notified the next day of my bid being accepted.

Edited by MaryEBS
punctuation

3 hours ago, MaryEBS said:

When I checked on my Royal Up offer about 6 weeks before my January cruise, it said expired on two cabin categories that I had bid on, and on the third it said pending.  I was notified the next day of my bid being accepted.

Was the bid accepted on the third pending cabin or one of the expired cabins (and I’m assuming it didn’t actually say “expired”, but “no cruises found”)?

2 hours ago, Waves2land said:

Was the bid accepted on the third pending cabin or one of the expired cabins (and I’m assuming it didn’t actually say “expired”, but “no cruises found”)?

Yes the third one was accepted.  I bid on JS, GS and CLS.  When I checked the JS and GS both said EXPIRED,  I have never seen no cruises found.  The CLS said pending and the next day I was notified the CLS bid was accepted.  I have no idea what no cruises found could mean.

On 2/19/2019 at 10:10 AM, GetToLivin said:

Received yet another Royal Up email in my inbox today, this makes 2 emails in 7 days for me. Prices have not moved at all since the last email:

Aqua Theatre - 1 Bedroom = $700/pp

Crown Loft Suite  = $600/pp

Owners Suite = $600/pp

Grand Suite = $300/pp

We're in a JS GTY right now, so I won't be bidding (I'm happy with the extra space as it is), but I am checking my reservation daily to see if an assignment has yet come, the anticipation is killer! 

those are good bid starts.  on my cruise i'm in a junior suite and the grand suite starts at 600 and the crown loft suite starts at 800.  Needless to say I'm not bidding.

10 hours ago, Sailing_Canuck said:

Yep - happened to me.  The Owner's Suite is no longer available.  I suspect this is happening when the room is firmed up and no longer available as an option for the upgrade program (albeit the flaw in the assumption is what about last minute cancellations)

Our cruise is on Feb 22, and bids still showing as pending.  Getting a little nervous as many people posted getting upgrades well before their sale dates.

Any word on your bids being accepted?  Have fun either way!

5 minutes ago, Waves2land said:

Any word on your bids being accepted?  Have fun either way!

Hey thanks - we sure will.    Nothing yet - still holding out for a possible upgrade.  I actually bid medium to strong.  One poster on page 46 said they got it the day before, so still holding out 🙂

15 minutes ago, Sailing_Canuck said:

Odd. No email received at all.  Not even a denial one and it's less than 24 hours till departure.

You could try calling Customer Service and innocently ask if they can tell you your stateroom number to see if it has changed? You could use the Crown and Anchor 1-800 number instead of the regular customer service line. I find I usually get better responses from them and the hold times are far less.

I tried calling them today and it sounds like there may be an IT issue.  Something about opening a ticket, can’t do anything about it, sorry we don’t have an answer as to whether your bid is actually being considered or not. 

What do do you do???  Have fun and sail on!

I received an email yesterday for an April 21st sailing on Freedom out of Puerto Rico. I have an outside guarantee and was able to bid on a balcony, spacious oceanview balcony, and a panoramic suite (no balcony). I bid on everything but the panoramic suite. That said, I can’t figure out the inventory situation. If I try to book any of the types of cabins offered there is literally none or less than 3 available in these categories and we are 60 days out. Why open up bidding on rooms that have little inventory so far out?  I’d think the chances of filling them traditionally is high. I can only think that the inventory of available rooms is somehow manipulated to demonstrate limited demand on purpose to entice people to book. 

1 hour ago, Waves2land said:

I tried calling them today and it sounds like there may be an IT issue.  Something about opening a ticket, can’t do anything about it, sorry we don’t have an answer as to whether your bid is actually being considered or not. 

What do do you do???  Have fun and sail on!

So I finally got a rejection letter. BUT, it was only for the Owners Suite I bid on which as of a few weeks ago became "not found.". No email regarding my other three bids.  

I received a RoyalUp email today offering a minimum bids of $1,500/pp for the Royal Loft Suite on Anthem. We are already in a Star Class room so I don’t think I am going to do it for $3,000, but have two questions. Has anyone received a follow up email with lower minimums? I would probably do $1,500 total, but I assume there is no way to offer that, correct?

If your bid to a GS stateroom is accepted from the RoyalUp offer, you will not get the suite perks like the beverage package usually included with the Star class booking.  You do keep the perks and promotion you had with your original stateroom/cabin.  It clearly states:

The upgrade does not include any additional promotions. Current promotions on the reservation will not be altered.
You get to keep the promotions you already have based on the stateroom category originally booked. However, no additional promotions will be added to your reservation.

Details here:
https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-happens-to-my-promotions-if-i-am-upgraded-through-royalup

Same for NCL, if someone gets upgraded to the Haven, they do not get the perks.  You basically get the priority boarding and extra space.  

Nonetheless, by upgrading to a higher stateroom category, each guest in the booking may be subject to a higher gratuity amount. The Offer Amount does not include the higher gratuity. If the Offer is accepted, the difference between the original and upgraded stateroom gratuities (if applicable) will be automatically applied to all guests (the "Additional Charges").