RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

46 minutes ago, molly361 said:

They are probably afraid people will tell them that they bid too much😇

Ellen who still has not had the opportunity to play the game and has a cruise coming up in 2 1/2 weeks

Dont worry.  Dis not receive a bid for the 2 cruises this month.  Hope I get an offer for our Alaska s2s cruises in july.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Do they ever send the offers to the second passenger listed on the bookings??  

If they do, I don't recall any specific reports from the second person confirming an offer.

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

My husband was the second passenger listed and was the one that received the offer. My email has always been the primary on all of our cruises so I was surprised it went to him. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mishapsandmissy said:

My husband was the second passenger listed and was the one that received the offer. My email has always been the primary on all of our cruises so I was surprised it went to him. 

I'd be interested to see what Royal does if both guests in the stateroom bid differently.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

I'd be interested to see what Royal does if both guests in the stateroom bid differently.

I asked if multiple passengers would get an offer to bid and she said no but we know that information can vary depending on who you ask. I was also curious how it would work if the other party in my group of six (in a two bedroom grand suite) received an offer but I wasn't given a clear answer on that.  

1 hour ago, mishapsandmissy said:

This happened to us as well- I manage all of our travel, so my husband didn't realize what the email was. We hadn't received an offer yet, so I had him look in his email, and there it was. I've always been the one to receive them...

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

On my one chance at Royal Up, I got an email but Laura did not.  I'm usually second on booking, but this time we were both solo

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, as long as they have an e-mail address in their C&A acnt. and have checked the promotional offers box.

Uh-oh, how does one change the promotional offers box? I can't figure out how to change account settings but this could be my problem. 

I would totally book an excursion to RC headquarters to watch how this plays out on a daily basis. I can't square the 1990s style customer facing IT department with what could be a very sophisticated use of data to maximize profits on the inside. Very interesting stuff. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jasukkie said:

Uh-oh, how does one change the promotional offers box? I can't figure out how to change account settings but this could be my problem. 

On the Settings section of your account look under the Offers and Communication section. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tennislvr8 said:

I put our bid on Tuesday for April 13 anthem of the seas. Got an email today it was accepted. We went from a Jr suite to a sky loft suite for an additional $2500 total. 

Congrats.  I've got my upgrade bid in too for the same sailing...but unless the people in Royal Loft cancel....I won't be winning anything 😉

Edited by dodgestang

My wife received the email today for our 4/1 IOS sailing.  We are presently in a deck 10 aft spacious balcony.  Contemplated bidding to upgrade to a 1BR GS, as the extra space would be welcome for our family of 4.  Just not sure I want to give up the loungers on the aft balcony.  

First world problems...

• Like 1

I got the email today for my sailing on Sunday (two days out). I put in the minimum bid for the ocean balcony, that I don't honestly expect to go through. But hey, I'm sailing solo in a central park balcony, and that'll be more than adequate anyway. I suspect it's going to be denied though, because I clicked on the link again and it now says "Not eligible for upgrade."

I got a second email for my upcoming cruise on Allure (03/17). I received an offer back when RoyalUp first came out and decided not to participate. This time *some* of the minimum bids were significantly lower. We are currently in an interior and the first offer had a minimum bid of $135CAD a person for Oceanview. This time it was $70.

Edited by 1novascotian
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, ERCruiser said:

My wife received the email today for our 4/1 IOS sailing.  We are presently in a deck 10 aft spacious balcony.  Contemplated bidding to upgrade to a 1BR GS, as the extra space would be welcome for our family of 4.  Just not sure I want to give up the loungers on the aft balcony.  

First world problems...

It is hard to give up those aft balconies, especially the corners!!  That has been our debate also on 2 upcoming cruises; to give it up for an upgrade, or stay put!  Just love that view too much.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Muerz said:

Has anyone got an offer for The Navigator on Apr 12?

Yes. Just yesterday actually. I cannot recall all the starting bids, but I believe the starting bid to go from our interior to a balcony was $180pp. Not too bad I guess, but we have two connecting rooms so it wouldn't work for us. I got two emails, one for each reservation number.

On 2/14/2019 at 7:04 PM, Jasukkie said:

Got it, thank you! They were unchecked. Really hoping to get an email.

Hope you fare better than I - Every time I log in the boxes are unchecked.  I check them save it and exit.  Log back in and they are unchecked again!!

On 2/14/2019 at 5:11 PM, Host Clarea said:

I don’t think you can. When either cabin occupant brings up the offer, there’s no separate option to bid. 

Biker, who just got the offer 75 days out for Ovation. 

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Hope you fare better than I - Every time I log in the boxes are unchecked.  I check them save it and exit.  Log back in and they are unchecked again!!

I'm still checked thankfully. But still no offer. I'm on a GTY, no assignment 42 days out. It would be nice to get it the email but I'm not counting on it. There is still a lot of balcony inventory and the price has dropped significantly in the past week. The balcony GTY is now $438 pp more than we paid for the inside GTY.  I'd rather put that towards my bar tab, no package this time. They're going to get my money either way lol.