RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

for a joke i put in the min bid on a royal suite. i heavily use my CC to get my rewards so the available credit may not be enough should the charge go through before my payment is due. if they try and fail to charge a bid do you automatically lose it or do they give you a chance to correct the situation. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

for a joke i put in the min bid on a royal suite. i heavily use my CC to get my rewards so the available credit may not be enough should the charge go through before my payment is due. if they try and fail to charge a bid do you automatically lose it or do they give you a chance to correct the situation. 

I’ve read they give you 24 hours to put a new card but also read where one lady put a new card and it was denied and said the upgrade was no longer available 

I’d make sure to have enough credit on the card you’re using to be on the safe side 

31 minutes ago, PCWalton1 said:

It has probably been asked and answered numerous times but can you bid if your booking is assigned to a travel agency?

Yes except for one big box one that I know of  Costco  They do not participate 

I apologize in advance for asking this question but with 300 pages to read I am hoping some extremely nice person can help me. When I did my upbid I didn’t realize that I could place multiple bids at the same time.  When I go back and try it again only shows the 1 bid I placed.  Is that it?  All bids must be done all together??

Hey there!

Last month, I did my first Royal cruise (and my first cruise since I was a teenager in 2006 LOL) and am ADDICTED! It was a quick 3-nighter on Freedom of the Seas and I won my Royal Up bid from interior GTY to Balcony for just $60 pp. The aft balcony was EVERYTHING! We've already booked our next cruise - a 7-nighter on Oasis of the Seas in November.

For this one, I booked an oceanview balcony, that actually has a little more space than a regular oceanview balcony. I'm currently planning my perks (i.e. unlimited dining, excursions, etc.) For budgeting purposes, can anyone share a guesstimate of what RoyalUp options I might expect to have (Junior Suite, Grand Suite, maybe even Star Loft?) and what the minimum bid range might be for each one? I know a lot of this would depend on if the cruise is sold out, etc. And obviously, I know it's gonna be a lot more than $60 LOL! Any guidance would be great! I'm really new to this and appreciate any insight. 

Thanks so much in advance!

Colleen 

18 minutes ago, kjc852 said:

Love to cruise/Diamond

Look for the following on your Royal-Up site:

Don't miss out! Click here to see other upgrade options on your upcoming cruise and to make a bid.

You should be able to add multiple other bids from there.

Thanks, unfortunately I’ve tried again but it just takes me back to my original bid, does not show the other offers as it did previously. I guess it’s a one shot chance?

8 minutes ago, lovetocruise/diamond said:

Thanks, unfortunately I’ve tried again but it just takes me back to my original bid, does not show the other offers as it did previously. I guess it’s a one shot chance?

Did you try using the link in the initial email you got to go back in.  The only way I get to see all of the choices to bid on is if I go back in using the link on the email I got.  If I go to the Royal Up website, it only shows what I have bid on.  

2 minutes ago, lovetocruise/diamond said:

If you are using a phone, you might want to try on a computer; the RoyalUp site sometimes works better for me on my computer than my phone.  That said, others informed me if a “sale” that motivated me to try to re-visit category I previously declined to bid, yet I could not get to them, try as I might.  As a las resort, I canceled my original bid.  After that I could see the whole array of choices, including the “sale” minimum bids. I re-entered my old bid plus the new one.  It was more work than it should have been, but it solved my problem….ymmv.

1 hour ago, Starry Eyes said:

If you are using a phone, you might want to try on a computer; the RoyalUp site sometimes works better for me on my computer than my phone.  That said, others informed me if a “sale” that motivated me to try to re-visit category I previously declined to bid, yet I could not get to them, try as I might.  As a las resort, I canceled my original bid.  After that I could see the whole array of choices, including the “sale” minimum bids. I re-entered my old bid plus the new one.  It was more work than it should have been, but it solved my problem….ymmv.

Thanks, I cancelled my original bid than all options repopulated😁
Thank you for taking the time to help me 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, lovetocruise/diamond said:

Thanks, I cancelled my original bid than all options repopulated😁
Thank you for taking the time to help me 

I’m glad canceling the old bid worked, though I am puzzled that you and I had to go that length to reach the other options.   Good luck with your bids.

20 hours ago, lovetocruise/diamond said:

I apologize in advance for asking this question but with 300 pages to read I am hoping some extremely nice person can help me. When I did my upbid I didn’t realize that I could place multiple bids at the same time.  When I go back and try it again only shows the 1 bid I placed.  Is that it?  All bids must be done all together??

Go back to the original email you received.  You should be able to enter additional bids from there.  I did a few weeks ago! 

57 minutes ago, SharkCruiser24 said:

Go back to the original email you received.  You should be able to enter additional bids from there.  I did a few weeks ago! 

I never received an email. I just checked availability on the site.  Once I cancelled my previous bid all the options repopulated.

• Like 1

RoyalUp opened for my May cruise 75 days out. Put in a couple of bids that make sense for us, but not really expecting to get them (min. or just over min.). But two observations for me:

-Not a fan of RU opening >30 days before sailing. Too long to wait in anticipation of your bid succeeding/failing.

-I know it doesn't make sense to get any more granular with the bidding categories than they do, but I skipped a bid because of it. My scenario: with 3 people booked in 2 cabins (aft balcony and US OV -- thank you, double points promotion and a run at Diamond), I would have been willing to bid on a J3 that could accommodate all 3 of us, but won't put in a JS bid because a J4 is useless. But like I said, a unique situation for us, so I get it.

We also got a move up notification for our may cruise on the adventure.  Put in a small bid for a grand or junior suite.  Only a five day cruise and perks for suites really not good. No suite restaurant or deck and a tiny no frills lounge so really not worth much. Just upgrading for additional space

46 minutes ago, 2VaCruzers said:

All my bids for our April 10 cruise have expired except for a JS bid. It is still pending, but the ability to modify or cancel is gone as of March 17th.  

Congraulations!  Maybe.....

• Like 1

Has anyone gotten a second bite at the apple after winning an initial bid?  I won a 1 category upgrade about 15 days ago but the RU site has not re-populated with additional categories.  It still shows my "Upgraded" bid and 3 other "Expired" bids.

8 hours ago, 2VaCruzers said:

All my bids for our April 10 cruise have expired except for a JS bid. It is still pending, but the ability to modify or cancel is gone as of March 17th.  

Congrats on the JS!  If it's Allure my husband and I will be on that cruise with you 🙂

6 minutes ago, adidas5676 said:

Congrats on the JS!  If it's Allure my husband and I will be on that cruise with you 🙂

Well I’m still not sure if the bid was successful or not.  Still pending and no way to modify or cancel.  This is for Anthem’s 4/10 sailing.  Enjoy Allure…hope you get to see Mama Mia!!  My favorite!!

• Like 1