RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

32 minutes ago, nadinenurse1 said:

.. just can’t help myself, it is such a tease to even offer if they don’t reply..

So, you want a daily email saying your bid is pending? Like most every one, you will get the denial email around 6PM on the day before sailing. This has been reported for months. You know exactly what to expect - not sure how things can be improved. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Miamia65 said:

If I bid for a GS and win the bid but am only advised the day before and I have already purchased the key, can I cancel the key and get a refund. It’s kind of worthless with a GS class cabin right?

Yes you can get it cancelled.  It will appear as a refundable OBC on your account. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Miamia65 said:

Should I make multiple bids for the various GS categories on offer? Will this increase my success rate? 
If so should I make a minimum bid or slightly higher than minimum?

There’s no way to know what will truly be available or the criteria to win. 

31 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

There’s no way to know what will truly be available or the criteria to win. 

the offers I have are for JS and the 3 types of GS on ovation.. there are over 30 unsold JS cabins and over 10 GS cabins based on my research 

12 hours ago, Miamia65 said:

the offers I have are for JS and the 3 types of GS on ovation.. there are over 30 unsold JS cabins and over 10 GS cabins based on my research 

That may or may not be the whole inventory and no way to know how many of those RCI is willing to allow for Royal Up, if any. And then, you have to outbid others.

• Like 1

Sorry if this has been asked before, but hopefully someone knows this answer?

We have three cabin reservations tied together (8 people total).  We have existing reservations for various dining venues on the ship, and these reservations include people from 3 different cabins.  If one of us gets a Royal Up bid accepted, does it screw up all of our existing reservations that include people from multiple reservations?  (My Time Dining, Chops Grille, Guac Class, Galley Brunch, etc...)

Dan

Edited by The Fun Researcher

1 hour ago, The Fun Researcher said:

If one of us gets a Royal Up bid accepted, does it screw up all of our existing reservations that include people from multiple reservations? 

Those should stay with the reservation, even after you move cabins.

15 minutes ago, zanzibargirl said:

another RoyalUp question - if I bid on a neighbourhood balcony at the strongest level (all the way to the right of the dial 🙂)- does that give me a pretty good chance? 

Maybe? Probably not. There doesn't seem to be any pattern. I have seen several who have bid max bid and not get it. I personally have won bids twice once with $5 over minimum and the second was $10 over minimum. It's really hard to tell what will happen. Once I found out several weeks in advance I had won the other it was less than 24 hours before boarding the ship.

BIDS DELETED!

I just checked the status of our bids for a cruise leaving in 5 days, and they're GONE! It won't let my friend in AT ALL under his last name. It doesn't even think there is a sailing. It lets me in with mine so I reentered the bids. Gotta love that Royal IT!

18 minutes ago, zanzibargirl said:

ah ok 

You should also research what is "normal" pricing for certain categories. For example, on O class the price diff between inside and 'hood balconies can very little ($100pp), so don't go bidding something crazy like $500 when the sailing seems sold out and you have no context/pricing. And of course always ask yourself if that upgrade price, whatever it is, is really worth it.

On 2/4/2020 at 8:50 PM, OSUZorba said:

Has anyone used RoyalUp with an interline rate? I keep getting an error when I try, but I'm still a little far out.

I was told that you couldn't, but maybe it depends on the person I spoke with. I never tried it on line. Always getting different answers from different people so who knows. 

20 minutes ago, Crism said:

After resubmitting my offers earlier today, 2 are already showing Expired and one still shows pending which I cannot change now. RoyalUp hates me!

Disregard! They were literally IN THE PROCESS of upgrading us from Obstructed Ocean View Balcony to Grand Suite on Quantum!!! Coming from someone who normally does Interior rooms, this is going to be INSANITY!!!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1