What address used for OBC refund check from Princess?

BoopTennis

When there is refundable OBC that is not used, and if more than $25, it gets mailed in a check from Princess.  But who does it get sent to -- the passengers in the cabin OR the person with the credit card on the ship account?  It might not be the same person. (I realize the credit does not go back to any credit card, just wondering where the check gets sent).

thank you in advance

54 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I think it’s whoever paid, even though it doesn’t go back on the card. 

There was a thread not too long ago (before the changes to CC). The poster was trying to get the refund because he had paid for the cruise, but Princess insisted that it would go the the person named on the account.

IIRC: the "friend" of the poster was no longer a friend.:classic_wacko:

I think that I have read that it goes to the person on whom's account the OBC was on.

Once somebody buys OBC and it goes on another person's booking, it is like a 'gift' to that person, and is theirs...  which would include any unused amount.

Pam,  don't they simply give the refund directly at Customer Service, if it is less than $25.00?

I don't know!

2 minutes ago, Pam in CA said:

Do you get a refund only if it’s more than $25? I had a credit of $7.45 at the end of my cruise last Saturday. Not a lot but it’s not Princess’s money. 

You have to pick it up at the passenger service desk before you leave the ship. It is in very small print on your final statement. I was not expecting this, as I was used to HAL automatically refunding to the credit card, so I missed out on a small sum also.

Per their FAQ website:

Should you have a credit balance on your folio at the end of your cruise and the balance is less than $25, you will be provided a refund in the form of cash upon request.  If the credit balance is greater than $25, upon request, a check in the amount of your remaining balance will be sent to you after you return from your cruise. 

If the accounts are linked together then the refund should be mailed to the credit card holder paying for the on board linked accounts. If accounts are not linked the it is mailed to the person named on the account.

In answer to Pam's question, I would be very surprised if you did not receive a check for $7.45.

Edited by skynight

12 hours ago, victory2020 said:

And in response to the original question, I was the main passenger on the account & refund was sent to my address.

thanks for sharing your experience.  I am not worried about getting the money back that is left because it is all family, but I was curious.  I have my credit card for payment on my room plus 2 other family rooms, but in those other 2 rooms they obviously have different passengers with different addresses.  So was just wondering how that worked if everyone luckily has leftover refundable OBC (over $25). I do understand if less than $25 you need to pick it up at customer service before you leave the ship. anyway thanks for the help!