Live from Nieuw Statendam Premier Voyage, December 2018

Vict0riann

Thanks so much to VictOriann and all other on board who have taken us along & posted so much information . She looks beautiful! 

DH & I just booked the Nieuw Statendam( VC) for the end of March. We actually cancelled our Edge sailing despite a very low group rate. We very much enjoy  dancing in the evenings and from what I have read it's basically non existent. It just does not sound like a good fit for us. We have always enjoyed the BB King groups & hope this is a good one!

A few questions -

We are going to purchase the Signature Beverage Package and upgrade on board if necessary. Is this possible? When we sailed 2 years ago HAL was not offering the premium package. We mainly drink wine throughout the evenings & remember the Santa Carolina Chardonnay was not at all to our liking. Can anyone comment on what is currently offered in the lounges & restaurant? 

We may wish to purchase the Thermal Suite Pass - how much is the week rate for a couple. On the Greenhouse web-site it says check at the Spa. 

Thank you & enjoy your remaining days on board!

54 minutes ago, bandp407 said:

Thanks so much to VictOriann and all other on board who have taken us along & posted so much information . She looks beautiful! 

DH & I just booked the Nieuw Statendam( VC) for the end of March. We actually cancelled our Edge sailing despite a very low group rate. We very much enjoy  dancing in the evenings and from what I have read it's basically non existent. It just does not sound like a good fit for us. We have always enjoyed the BB King groups & hope this is a good one!

A few questions -

We are going to purchase the Signature Beverage Package and upgrade on board if necessary. Is this possible? When we sailed 2 years ago HAL was not offering the premium package. We mainly drink wine throughout the evenings & remember the Santa Carolina Chardonnay was not at all to our liking. Can anyone comment on what is currently offered in the lounges & restaurant? 

We may wish to purchase the Thermal Suite Pass - how much is the week rate for a couple. On the Greenhouse web-site it says check at the Spa. 

Thank you & enjoy your remaining days on board!

Being handicapped I ask this question:

Have you noticed many scooters on this voyage?  Are the doors wide enough to accommodate overnight storage.  I did see a post that said hallways are narrow; too narrow?  What advice could you give for scooter bound soul.

Have enjoyed the blogs so far!

The hallways are wide enough for scooters but barely wide enough for two slender people to walk through side by side. 

I think if you have a handicapped cabin that has a wider door, and a narrowing scooter then it would fit inside for parking. But then there’s the issue of plugging it in?

The public walkways on decks 2 and 3 where all the action is are plenty wide for scooters, but the Lido pool area might be a problem. The walkway curves in and out along the pool. Same with deck 10 above the Lido pool. 

4 hours ago, frankc98376 said:

It is the most amazing food ever- Bacon!

The hanging meat is their candied bacon. Thick lean pieces of bacon that are caramelized with maple syrup, sprinkled with pepper and slightly smoked with rosemary sprigs. REALLY delicious, but I have to wash it down with plenty of wine so Snort won’t smell it on my breath later. 

😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I told Sherita to run and get Snort to play with his friends!

i saw this in the Lido Bar - really the only drinks list I have noticed.  I think if I had it to do over again, I would be taking a bottle of wine from our package to Happy Hour!

08675452-74EE-4C7D-A818-C8AB54926516.thumb.jpeg.d9509e27c9176d50f7a60cbfa179ac59.jpeg

Bandp407, I went to the Greenhouse Spa this morning to ask about prices for couple pass.    The hostess said they have not received prices from Seattle for other cruises yet, but our two-week one was $499. And she thinks a one-week one will be about $299.  She said you could book on line, or the day you board.

Other prices (at the moment)

0C73EE68-D752-498C-A6CF-C7686BF39337.thumb.jpeg.2fdef3cb92543d0b2bab3ae2242e9794.jpeg

C6F10DC3-448A-4883-8BE2-94F1743C33B0.thumb.jpeg.1256cf25aafbf08dfd5a1b68b48a460f.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I told Sherita to run and get Snort to play with his friends!

i saw this in the Lido Bar - really the only drinks list I have noticed.  I think if I had it to do over again, I would be taking a bottle of wine from our package to Happy Hour!

Yikes!  All the Pinot Grigios are over the $9 mark.

Thanks kindly for posting it, Ann

29 minutes ago, scluvsrain said:

Snort was so excited to see his friends!! What a great thing. 

Love the pics, Sherita.  Looks like Snort was having lots of fun! 😄 

3 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Every lounger was occupied this morning!

Wow!  That's one heck of a lot of towel animals.  Looks amazing, Ann. 🙂