Live from Nieuw Statendam Premier Voyage, December 2018

Vict0riann

2 hours ago, scluvsrain said:

Came back to my cabin after dinner to find this nice gift. 

3042EB77-5C24-40F8-AA37-3EA5E5E23445.jpeg

That's lovely Sherita!

So glad you received an inaugural plate.  They are truly special IMO 🙂 

Congrats Ann (& Sherita who has contributed so much).

Your thread has over 50,000 views.

And no wonder, it's a fabulous thread.  Thank you so much for taking us along with you.  

And please, don't stop.

• Like 1

From Captain Albert's blog of December 14:

"The guests seem to be very happy, although I had one guest asking if there was any option to do a bit of sightseeing while on the way, so there was something else to see than just waves. I promised him that I would take it up with the head office and that we would do our best to have a large mountain on the route, next time we come this way."

I do hope this isn't anyone I know...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, bleacher04 said:

"The guests seem to be very happy, although I had one guest asking if there was any option to do a bit of sightseeing while on the way, so there was something else to see than just waves. I promised him that I would take it up with the head office and that we would do our best to have a large mountain on the route, next time we come this way."

Some whales or dolphins would be nice!

5 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

We had a nice light dinner at Nami Sushi tonight.  We sat at the counter, and watched the Thai chefs doing their magic.  

I'm not a big sushi fan (limited amounts) but this looks really superb, Ann.

Sounds like fun!

3 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Ann

That sushi looks absolutely delicious!!

1 minute ago, kazu said:

I'm not a big sushi fan (limited amounts) but this looks really superb, Ann.

Sounds like fun!

I’m not that big a fan, either, I do like rice, though, and this is prepared right in front of you, super fresh and very tasty.

we got 3 rolls for the 4 of us and it was a perfect amount.

48 minutes ago, bleacher04 said:

They walk among us....................:classic_cool:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Actually, we did see a large bird today and some flying fish - and the bird caught a fish!  We were very pleased for it.  

48 minutes ago, Btimmer said:

A few days ago, my wife saw two dolphins.

Wildlife abounds!  How can anyone want more?  :classic_wink:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bleacher04 said:

Perhaps this guest is the who once asked a Cruise Director:  which elevator takes me to the front of the ship?

• Haha 1

Sorry to bother you all, but does the Dutch Cafe have the specialty coffees that that Explorations Cafe does?  I mean the 'fancy' ones such as caramel macchiato, etc., not just espresso and cappuccino.  Have to plan ahead for my first morning coffee run.  :classic_biggrin:  Or did you say the Dutch Cafe isn't open early in the morning?  Sorry, but I have read so many posts, my eyes are crossing.  :classic_wacko:

Edited by beachbunny6

9 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

What is that? It looks really yummy!

On the left: a combo of egg yolk, alcohol, sugar and milk, called Advocaat ("lawyer", the name is a mystery). On the right, I guess whipped cream. Besides my grandma in the eighties I'm not sure I've ever seen someone have it.

I object to the glass. It should be much smaller, filled to the max, with whipped cream on top. You're supposed to eat this with a little spoon.  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, beachbunny6 said:

What is that? It looks really yummy!

It is a Dutch liqueur which is beaten up with egg and comes in a little glass with a pot of whipped cream on the side.  It’s like an alcoholic pudding. It is yummy!

10 hours ago, beachbunny6 said:

Sorry to bother you all, but does the Dutch Cafe have the specialty coffees that that Explorations Cafe does?  I mean the 'fancy' ones such as caramel macchiato, etc., not just espresso and cappuccino.  Have to plan ahead for my first morning coffee run.  :classic_biggrin:  Or did you say the Dutch Cafe isn't open early in the morning?  Sorry, but I have read so many posts, my eyes are crossing.  :classic_wacko:

I think the Dutch Cafe is open pretty early but no food until 11:30.

here are the coffees - nothing too fancy.

7C8DFC34-91DA-416D-BCD2-3821583B1B52.thumb.jpeg.733b4125553830870145bd87aba92c88.jpeg

Edited by Vict0riann

10 hours ago, AmazedByCruising said:

On the left: a combo of egg yolk, alcohol, sugar and milk, called Advocaat ("lawyer", the name is a mystery). On the right, I guess whipped cream. Besides my grandma in the eighties I'm not sure I've ever seen someone have it.

I object to the glass. It should be much smaller, filled to the max, with whipped cream on top. You're supposed to eat this with a little spoon.  

Sorry,  I had already had a little nibble before I remembered to get out the iPhone!  The glass is quite small, but only about half full.