Anthem OTS 2020

And, Anthem is coming back to Cape Liberty in Nov 2020.  It's only gone for the summer.  Several people have said here and on FB that the Captain is saying they're trying to get Oasis.  We'll see in a couple of weeks.

3 hours ago, BND said:

And, Anthem is coming back to Cape Liberty in Nov 2020.  It's only gone for the summer.  Several people have said here and on FB that the Captain is saying they're trying to get Oasis.  We'll see in a couple of weeks.

An Oasis class would be great but I thought there was an issue with the smoke stack getting under the Verrazano.  If I remember right the Oasis came to NY on it's maiden voyage and had to tilt the stack.  They also had to remove the life boats on one side to fit the NY pier but may not be a problem at Cape Liberty.  The Adventure will be in NJ from May through September 2019, perhaps it will also return.  I will be patient and wait until the 10th.

Edited by Mythbuster
correction

27 minutes ago, Mythbuster said:

An Oasis class would be great but I thought there was an issue with the smoke stack getting under the Verrazano.  If I remember right the Oasis came to NY on it's maiden voyage and had to tilt the stack.  They also had to remove the life boats on one side to fit the NY pier but may not be a problem at Cape Liberty.  The Adventure will be in NJ from May through September 2019, perhaps it will also return.  I will be patient and wait until the 10th.

Well, we shall see, but several people have reported when asked at the Captain's Corner, the Captain has stated they're working on getting Oasis there.  I just want the schedules released since we plan to do an April 2020 b2b.

9 hours ago, Mythbuster said:

The Oasis never stopped in New York.

The ship was completed and turned over to Royal Caribbean on 28 October 2009. Two days later, she departed Finland for the United States.[20] While exiting the Baltic Sea, the vessel passed underneath the Great Belt Fixed Linkin Denmark on 31 October 2009 at 23:18 UTC.[21][22] The bridge has a clearance of 65 m (213 ft) above the water; Oasis normally has an air draft of 72 m (236 ft). The passage under the bridge was possible due to retraction of the telescoping funnels, and an additional 30 cm (12 in) was gained by the squat effect whereby vessels traveling at speed in a shallow channel will be drawn deeper into the water.[23] Approaching the bridge at 23 knots (43 km/h; 26 mph),[22] the ship passed under it with less than 60 centimetres (2 ft) of clearance.[21]

Proceeding through the English ChannelOasis stopped briefly in the Solent so that 300 shipyard workers who were on board doing finishing work could disembark, then left on the way to her intended home port of Port Evergladesin Fort Lauderdale, Florida.[24] The ship arrived there on 13 November 2009,

2 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

I guess we'll know in 8 days right? The 10th the schedule will be released. 

The week of, might not be on Monday.

Biker, who was supposed to use the sarcasm font to suck people in to yet again argue about bridge clearances.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

The week of, might not be on Monday.

Biker, who was supposed to use the sarcasm font to suck people in to yet again argue about bridge clearances.

Oh you are making my impatient wait even worse, thanks. :classic_sad::classic_biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

I just got off of the Anthem and it was announced to the crew and also to C&A members that the Oasis is coming to Bayonne in 2020.  We met with NextCruise to see if they had more info and all she could see is that it will be there in May, 2020.  Adventure is going to be there May 15, 2020.  Doesn't make sense that no ships would be going out of Bayonne for almost a month since Anthem leaves on April 12.  I guess we will know for sure when they release the itineraries for both.

On 12/1/2018 at 1:10 PM, twangster said:

Like a certain Captain's nose, the bridge grows from time to time.   

😂😂  Oasis is moving...i'll give you that, but my speculations is to Texas not NJ.

Edited by mworkman

• 2 weeks later...