Cruise critic boards issue?

1 hour ago, OCruisers said:

Hi Lois!  Always good to hear from you!  Hope you are doing well!  

You and I both have been on CC for a long time so we do know with time they will normally  get problems fixed ... but it's a pain until they do.  

:classic_love:  LuLu  

This one is VERY weird though..........I don't recall the screen doing this (not recently anyway).......you know it goes and goes and goes and you cannot click on anything.........somehow I got Chrome to work but it is annoying........it makes you think it is something with your own computer/laptop, etc.....but since it is affecting so many people, it has to be the website:classic_sad:

10 hours ago, Globaliser said:

Indeed: it'll soon be a contest as to whether it's more freaking annoying to have to suffer the log-in / log-out problem, or to read countless new threads from people who never bothered to make even the most cursory glance at the existing contents of the Help forum before starting yet another new thread.

Clearly, this message at the top of the Help forum needs to be put into an even bigger and bolder font, and perhaps festooned with flashing Christmas lights, before some people will actually read and heed it:-

I hope you feel better now

On 12/2/2018 at 9:49 AM, tallnthensome said:

Yes, it's Google Chrome causing the never ending page reloads. Try the website help forum as Royal Caribbean really isn't the place to post this. 

Not just Chrome it’s hapoened to me with a number of browsers.

and then tells me my password is incorrect.

6 hours ago, Aulanis said:

Not that is makes any difference , it was in the Announcements- I pointed someone towards it

a week or so ago. IIRC It was the one that said log out delete cookies log in using" boards.cruisecritic.com "

Which changed absolutely nothing for me.

37 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

I have tried everything -- still have the same problem.

You should be able to use a private/incognito browser tab. It means logging in each time, but for a workaround it's not bad.

46 minutes ago, FollowingTheSun said:

Windows 10 and Firefox.

I had to clear cookies yesterday and again twice today.

Two different PCs

Jim

Agree clearing cookies is not a permanent fix but a daily one. And I refuse to do it again. Just had to log on again on my phone as that doesn’t stick. Traffic will be well down. Not fun browsing anymore. 

4 hours ago, luvscruising2007 said:

I have found that if I am just patient and allow the home page to load I have no problems. So, I am not sure how many times it actually reloads, but if I leave it alone for about 5 minutes it has loaded and I can continue viewing CC with no further issues.

I’m usually just wanting to get in and see the threads and not hang around for 5 minutes while this website sorts out it’s stuff. 

On 12/2/2018 at 9:19 AM, tallnthensome said:

Yes, it's Google Chrome causing the never ending page reloads. Try the website help forum as Royal Caribbean really isn't the place to post this. 

And safari. And chrome. 

4 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

NO!

In fairness if there’s no response re a fix and the thread title doesn’t exactly describe the issue then people will start a thread. 

The  Christmas  lights header describes it perfectly. 

5 hours ago, luvscruising2007 said:

I have found that if I am just patient and allow the home page to load I have no problems. So, I am not sure how many times it actually reloads, but if I leave it alone for about 5 minutes it has loaded and I can continue viewing CC with no further issues.

5 minutes? That's ridiculous. They really need to bring back the iOS app for those of us who never used the website.

On 12/1/2018 at 6:14 PM, broberts said:

There are already at least half a dozen threads in this forum discussing the problem. Does no one bother to check existing thread titles before creating a new thread?

"Squeaky wheel gets the oil." Maybe if enough of us keep repeating the issue in posts, it will become as annoying to the CC folks as the webpage reloading hiccup is to us.