Edge Suggestion Box - Feedback and suggested improvements from your Edge voyage

TeeRick

17 hours ago, Dfox15 said:

Fedback from 1 Dec sailing (preview cruise), AquaClass IV Deck 10 Aft (random order):

- Overall a very beautiful ship

- Food and service in BLU excellent

- Loved the atmosphere in EDEN

- Great that you can control room temperature, blinds and TV from control panel / app

- Innovative art

- Persian gardens are wonderful, but lack hairdryers in changing rooms and also staff to enforce and limit occupation of loungers

- Took me ages to find the hair dryer in the room (it is in a “hidden” drawer under the sink in the bathroom)

- The safe is very small and cannot hold a small laptop

- Top decks and front views are reserved for suite guests (suite restaurant, suite lounge area and suite pool deck)

- BLU has no ocean views, curtains are drawn at all times to hide views of life boats

- BLU partition towards hallway is a metal curtain only

- Only access to BLU are by stairs or through an “enchanted forest”. I could see the “forest” being a challenge for anyone using a walker, wheelchair or scooter, especially in rough seas (the forest is a dark area with mirrors and golden trea trunks spread throughout)

- Main entrance to EDEN, if unable to use stairs, is through the same “forest”

- Drinks in EDEN are expensive, USD15 and up

- My stateroom door would not close unless pulled / pushed closed

- No fruit delivered to state room unless requested (normally delivered daily in AC)

- No coffee table in room (except a small one on the IV)

- IV window takes a long time to open / close and is noisy (you can hear other windows opening, closing)

- Bi-fold doors are tricky to operate

- Very little space on IV, no more sunbathing on the veranda

- Room gets very hot when window is down, as AC stops,

- No signs to gangway (I had to ask guest services for directions)

- Loved the show in the theatre

- Staff overall friendly, although first public sailing and the most guests they had had

- Bars do not stock premium wine / premium wine only available in restaurants

- Miss the sky lounge. Apart from restaurants, only lounge area with sea views that I could find was Cafe al Bacio

- No hooks for coats etc by the stateroom door

- Love the USB chargers by the bed

Thank you for the detailed and precise feedback.  Very useful.  Of your list what specifically would you ask Celebrity to improve or change, and how so?

There should be some indication that deck 15 does not fully connect.  I can’t tell you how many people took the front elevators to deck 15 wanting to go the the rooftop garden but got trapped because the only accessible area is the retreat.  You need to go up or down one level and then walk over.  Other than that I think the ship was well marked as to which direction to go.

I honestly can’t think of anything else to complain about...well maybe the bed...I prefer something softer.  A lot of comments on CC (not necessarily this thread) are more about personal tastes and the ship will wow some and turn off others.  We liked the specialty dining set up and hope they don’t change that. Perhaps it’s because the music volume was adjusted by the time we got there based on feedback but we felt like it was pleasant background music.  

We loved the jogging track!  So much better than that short lap around the pool deck meandering through the lounge chairs and through the smoking bar.  The tiered design made it more interesting and the way it zig zagged lengthening the course.  

And speaking of smoking, they did a good job of separating those areas so non smokers don’t have to walk through them.

There were some glitches here and there but actually it seemed like very little considering it is so new.  We went in with mixed feelings and came out wanting to book again!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No hooks by stateroom door!!:classic_ohmy:  Not good for a cool weather cruise when you need a coat.  Would not want to take up precious closet space so I guess you could just throw your coat somewhere - bed, couch, chair?:classic_huh:

Carole

I agree with Bajathree.  Why can’t celebrity offer better production shows like the Oasis Class.  PLEASE bring something like MAMA MIA, GREASE or something like that. With the premium rate we are paying, it would be nice to look forward to watching these Broadway quality shows..PLEASE!!! crossing my fingers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

here is an idea: make the track where the blinds are have a hinge so that you can open the track 90 degrees and peek out through the blinds and then close it back up...That would address the issue of not being able to see outside without waking partner.... you still can't sit there...but one solution at a time

29 minutes ago, Jesseslola said:

I agree with Bajathree.  Why can’t celebrity offer better production shows like the Oasis Class.  PLEASE bring something like MAMA MIA, GREASE or something like that. With the premium rate we are paying, it would be nice to look forward to watching these Broadway quality shows..PLEASE!!! crossing my fingers!

So right!  I thought we'd be excited to see some really great shows on the new Edge. 

They seem to go for the "high flying" acts and strange themes.  Someone posted a picture of one of the singers......isn't that the same girl with the big hair that sings the Whitney Houston songs?  Seen her twice on Celebrity already.

New ship...need new first class entertainment!!!!

On 12/8/2018 at 7:37 AM, vtcruising said:

baja, you make some good points, but there is a full length mirror in the staterooms - you need to slide the vanity into the desk and voila, you have a full length mirror! It's the same in the sky suites. 🙂

Wish the table was movable like on RCI ships so it could be used for in cabin dining. The Tom Tom is ridiculously small and no more than a footstool or, with the top flipped, a tiny table. Also need to add a lounger, footstools and taller table to the balconies on Sky Suites. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Jesseslola said:

I, personally, do not like those types of shows.

I live close to two (2) major cities where these types of shows are available and do not go to see them there, so no desire to see them while on vacation.

Yet, I think it may be possible to slip one of them in-between other productions, but cost (royalties) may be a factor in making it not worth doing it only once during a sailing.

bon voyage

44 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

I, personally, do not like those types of shows.

I live close to two (2) major cities where these types of shows are available and do not go to see them there, so no desire to see them while on vacation.

Yet, I think it may be possible to slip one of them in-between other productions, but cost (royalties) may be a factor in making it not worth doing it only once during a sailing.

bon voyage

Generally, I would not like the re do of Broadway shows per se,  but Broadway talent can be very entertaining as solo performers.  Also enjoy the  tribute type shows..Beatles, Billy Joel, Mowtown Review, etc.   Dislike magicians, comedians,  electrified violins and wierdo shows that do not make sense.

One or two aerial productions are also nice...like the very first Solstice show!

Just some ideas...

GREAT THREAD!

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

I thought of one other suggestion.  In lieu of a library it would be nice to at least have a book swap area.  Guest services seemed to have a lot of open space that could easily accommodate some book shelves.  Celebrity wouldn't have to stock it like s-class but at least have a way for passengers to leave and take books.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Generally, I would not like the re do of Broadway shows per se,  but Broadway talent can be very entertaining as solo performers.  Also enjoy the  tribute type shows..Beatles, Billy Joel, Mowtown Review, etc.   Dislike magicians, comedians,  electrified violins and wierdo shows that do not make sense.

One or two aerial productions are also nice...like the very first Solstice show!

Just some ideas...

GREAT THREAD!

LOL h, we are the exact opposite in terms of this type of entertainment...

What would be a great middle road would be is to alternate between the various types people would enjoy or have simultaneous 'shows' going on so each of us would have the best of the best entertainment?

bon voyage

We LOVE, LOVE Broadway shows, the talent, the songs, the dances..so alive, so much fun..except CATS..did not seem to follow it...

We love the Beatles tribute, 60s and the 70s....anything with group singing, dancing..love the blending of strong voices and group dancing.

Weary about the EDEN entertainers..but who knows, it might be fun.

On 12/9/2018 at 2:16 PM, TeeRick said:

Thank you for the detailed and precise feedback.  Very useful.  Of your list what specifically would you ask Celebrity to improve or change, and how so?

I do like my premium wines, and really missed being able to visit Cellar Masters. For me, it is a major miss that premium wines are only available in restaurants on Edge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ATLgirl15 said:

I thought of one other suggestion.  In lieu of a library it would be nice to at least have a book swap area.  Guest services seemed to have a lot of open space that could easily accommodate some book shelves.  Celebrity wouldn't have to stock it like s-class but at least have a way for passengers to leave and take books.

We looked around to see if they had such a thing - it seems crazy not to. My DH reads real books and brought 5 - we were a little nervous when he got part way through the 5th one, but the cruise ended just in time. 🙂

20 hours ago, caroak said:

No hooks by stateroom door!!:classic_ohmy:  Not good for a cool weather cruise when you need a coat.  Would not want to take up precious closet space so I guess you could just throw your coat somewhere - bed, couch, chair?:classic_huh:

Carole

There are two hooks on the bathroom side of the bathroom door, but I would not hang my winter coat inside the bathroom. This is something Celebrity must address before having Apex sailing in Northern Europe. 

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

LOL h, we are the exact opposite in terms of this type of entertainment...

What would be a great middle road would be is to alternate between the various types people would enjoy or have simultaneous 'shows' going on so each of us would have the best of the best entertainment?

bon voyage

They have several  possible show venues so this could work quite easily.

There's no movie theater on board and not sure where they will do late night comedy...  but with so many  nice  spaces I hope they will make good use of it and offer variety.   Even the Eden space could host other entertainment once it plays itself out...

On 12/7/2018 at 1:31 AM, kkmiausa said:

Are you saying that suite guests cannot eat in the main dining rooms? Is this only on Edge or all Celebrity ships?

We were in Suite 9205.  We only ate in Luminae the first night. Very limited menu and we were told they did not have my husband's choice of wine.  For the remaining two nights we ate in Normandie and lo and behold, they carried my husband's wine.  Suite guests can eat anywhere. 

41 minutes ago, hcat said:

They have several  possible show venues so this could work quite easily.

There's no movie theater on board and not sure where they will do late night comedy...  but with so many  nice  spaces I hope they will make good use of it and offer variety.   Even the Eden space could host other entertainment once it plays itself out...

No indoor movie theatre????

How will we watch the big sporting finals/matches??

bon voyage

48 minutes ago, Loujul said:

We were in Suite 9205.  We only ate in Luminae the first night. Very limited menu and we were told they did not have my husband's choice of wine.  For the remaining two nights we ate in Normandie and lo and behold, they carried my husband's wine.  Suite guests can eat anywhere. 

Good to know. We're in 9305 in September. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dfox15 said:

There are two hooks on the bathroom side of the bathroom door, but I would not hang my winter coat inside the bathroom. This is something Celebrity must address before having Apex sailing in Northern Europe. 

Perhaps they could carry magnetic hooks and bring them out on TA... and put them away when they come back. Not sure hooks would hold coats without sliding down...but worth investigating

2 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

No indoor movie theatre????

How will we watch the big sporting finals/matches??

bon voyage

They show them at the Roof Top Grill - there were some games going on when we were there. Looks like a good space for it (if the weather cooperates). I think they can do them at the Club too.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, vtcruising said:

They show them at the Roof Top Grill - there were some games going on when we were there. Looks like a good space for it (if the weather cooperates). I think they can do them at the Club too.

Thank you....

bon voyage

I have not sailed on the Edge yet (sailing this February with a group).  We are in a SV, but some in the group are in Panoramic OV.  I think the POV are great cabins.  Why not make a new classification with the window operational in the POV?  The room would be (and look) larger without the folding doors, different flooring and clumsy balcony chairs.  How hard could it be to make some windows operational?  IMO the IVs are just cabins with a window anyway.