Drinks to Order

W283386

On 12/4/2018 at 10:10 PM, jelayne said:

The price difference is $11.80 per day including the gratuity.  Or if they want they can pay the difference between the cost of the drink and the $9 limit of the Classic.

From the OPs post it seemed to me that they thought they were limited to the named cocktails on the  menu they posted, which isn’t the case.

A common piece of advice is to wait one day.

Use your package “as-is” and then decide if you need or want to upgrade. Remember the main difference is the brand of alcohol in your drink, and you may find you get everything you want.

Edited by justcrusn
More info
  • Like 1

Grasshopper! It’s Creme de Menthe, Creme de Cacao with some cream. Or make it a Flying Grasshopper with some vodka. You will definitely get some puzzled looks from servers but most of the experienced bartenders know how to make it. And when they deliver it I guarantee you that at least one fellow cruiser will ask you what that brilliant green drink is that you ordered. 😄

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, mafig said:

Do you really not have to tell them you have the Classic package?

I remember saying "I have Classic" for every drink I ordered.  :classic_wacko:  

Your beverage package is marked on your card. I always order what I want, hand over my card and the drink appears. If what you order isn't included in your package they'll either make the drink with brands that are, or charge you the difference between you package allowance and the drink cost + 18%. I've never told them anything.

Edited by Luvcrusn

Whiskey or Amaretto sour = whiskey or amaretto (tastes like cherries) and sour mix

Tequila sunrise = tequila, orange juice, grenadine

Malibu and pineapple = coconut rum and pineapple juice

Captain Morgans and coke = spiced rum and coke,  also good is captain and orange juice

Bay Breeze = vodka, cranberry, pineapple juice

Sea Breeze = vodka, cranberry, grapefruit juice

Sex on the beach = vodka, chambord, melon liquor, cranberry juice and pineapple juice (not sure if covered on classic)

? = coconut rum, melon liquor, pineapple juice, cranberry juice  (we call it a malibu breeze,  but we made the name up)

tell your bartender to surprise you!  Hand them your card and tell them what you like (sweet, sour, fruity, strong) and they will know just what to give you!