Crown and Anchor points

xpcdoojk

So, was looking at booking a cruise (Anthem TA in November 2020) and noticed my crown and anchor points had been reduced by 8.  It doesn’t affect my status (D+) but it was kind of a... ***** moment.  

I sent C&A an email explaining the issue.  I don’t sail that much so it is not really hard to calculate my number.  We recently completed an Alaska cruise on the Radiance for 7 points (7 nights) and the Symphony TA for 12 points (12 nights).  So not even sure how they could reduce the number by 8?  In my cruise history I have never done an eight night cruise.

Wierd.  What has RCI IT done for you lately?:classic_laugh:😈🤡

My last cruise was in the spring of 2017  so I haven't check my Crown and Anchor points in a while. When I checked last week in the history my points were lower and a cruise that I booked pre-conversion, but later transferred to another ship was now gone. I'm thinking they did an audit and readjusted the numbers accordingly, and knowing Royal's IT department messed up some of the numbers.

You would think the math of a pre 2011 cruise would be pretty hard baked into their system math.  

So, here is my pre 2011 scoring...

1996 7 night on Majesty. Scored as 1 on the history

2001 12 night on Radiance. 1

2002 7 night on Adventure.  1

2003 15 night on Legend.  2

2006 5 night on Splendour.  1

2007 13 night on Navigator.   2

2009 13 night on Independence.  2

2010 7 night on Mariner.  1

None of those were in suites, although I was offered a suite in 2006 since it was a company trip, I told the owner of the company to save the money, since the difference in a suite and a balcony on the Splendour was pretty high.

Like I said what has RCI IT done for you today?

jc

10 minutes ago, bilyclub said:

My last cruise was in the spring of 2017  so I haven't check my Crown and Anchor points in a while. When I checked last week in the history my points were lower and a cruise that I booked pre-conversion, but later transferred to another ship was now gone. I'm thinking they did an audit and readjusted the numbers accordingly, and knowing Royal's IT department messed up some of the numbers.

My history looks correct, just the math that is wrong.  Although pre 2011 math was always beyond my skill level.:classic_laugh:

jc

3 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

My history looks correct, just the math that is wrong.  Although pre 2011 math was always beyond my skill level.:classic_laugh:

jc

Conversion from old cruise credits to cruise points:
    If credits were 1-4, points = credits * 7 + 1
    If credits were 5-7, points = credits * 7 + 3
    If credits were > 7, points = credits * 7 + 13

So it looks like you should have gotten 90 points for the conversion.

Just now, Host Clarea said:

Conversion from old cruise credits to cruise points:
    If credits were 1-4, points = credits * 7 + 1
    If credits were 5-7, points = credits * 7 + 3
    If credits were > 7, points = credits * 7 + 13

I will always defer to you on this topic Bob.  I don’t quite get the first credits in your conversion chart.  Are they equal to nights?  

JC

1 minute ago, xpcdoojk said:

I will always defer to you on this topic Bob.  I don’t quite get the first credits in your conversion chart.  Are they equal to nights?  

JC

Credits are the numbers you gave me above, underlined by me:

1996 7 night on Majesty. Scored as 1 on the history

2001 12 night on Radiance. 1

2002 7 night on Adventure.  1

2003 15 night on Legend.  2

2006 5 night on Splendour.  1

2007 13 night on Navigator.   2

2009 13 night on Independence.  2

2010 7 night on Mariner.  1

I added them up, came up with 11, multiplied by 7 to get 77, added the fudge factor of 13 to get 90.

• Like 1

Damn, you are a RCI math wiz!  Now I need to see if that math adds up to what I used to show..... nope that math adds up to what I currently show.

So why would this change occur now?  On the upside I got to sail on a cruise as D+ when I was still a lowly diamond if this is accurate.  Why did they convert my history to a number 8 higher than Bob math?  Things that make me go hmmmm.....

jc

2 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Damn, you are a RCI math wiz!  Now I need to see if that math adds up to what I used to show..... nope that math adds up to what I currently show.

So why would this change occur now?  On the upside I got to sail on a cruise as D+ when I was still a lowly diamond if this is accurate.  Why did they convert my history to a number 8 higher than Bob math?  Things that make me go hmmmm.....

jc

Do you have a copy of your history from before your points changed?  Maybe they erroneously credited you with an extra cruise or gave an extra credit for a cruise that was not long enough.

12 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Do you have a copy of your history from before your points changed?  Maybe they erroneously credited you with an extra cruise or gave an extra credit for a cruise that was not long enough.

No, but I have emails and stateroom notices saying I was diamond plus when I should only have been diamond by your math.

Like I said, it doesn’t really matter now, because I am so far away from Pinnacle anyway.  Plus they can’t take those CL drinks away from me now.....

jc

18 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

WOW - you are a rich man!👍😱

Far from rich.  My boss is rich.  I am just successful.  Plus we both work and have excellent jobs and the real difference we have no kids!😈

jc

Edited by xpcdoojk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I still have the 7 points from my free PC cruise. So it's not like some cleanup is going on. 

Was it totally free, or did you have to pay some?

I got 14 points for our free cruise in a JS, but I had to pay more than the credit.

11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I still have the 7 points from my free PC cruise. So it's not like some cleanup is going on. 

8 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Was it totally free, or did you have to pay some?

I got 14 points for our free cruise in a JS, but I had to pay more than the credit.

I got no points for a free 7-nighter on Oasis in 2014, despite paying to upgrade to a balcony room, plus the going rate to add a third person to the booking. Those points would have let us sail our recent Navigator cruise as diamonds. 

Just as an aside, it took six days after disembarking from Navigator for them to adjust our status up to diamond.

3 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I got no points for a free 7-nighter on Oasis in 2014, despite paying to upgrade to a balcony room, plus the going rate to add a third person to the booking. Those points would have let us sail our recent Navigator cruise as diamonds. 

Just as an aside, it took six days after disembarking from Navigator for them to adjust our status up to diamond.

What kind of 'free' cruise was it?

Mine was the one you get after hitting 700 points.

It was the prize for winning the Royal 5k race organised by Oasis in St. Martin the previous year, December 2013.

I had read on the boards that if you paid to upgrade a free cruise to a balcony you would get the points for it (although that wasn't why I upgraded), so I was kind of expecting the points but since it was free I didn't feel I was entitled to make a fuss.

34 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

It was the prize for winning the Royal 5k race organised by Oasis in St. Martin the previous year, December 2013.

I had read on the boards that if you paid to upgrade a free cruise to a balcony you would get the points for it (although that wasn't why I upgraded), so I was kind of expecting the points but since it was free I didn't feel I was entitled to make a fuss.

I think you should have called C&A and at least asked them about the policy.

1 hour ago, bilyclub said:

I was told this week by a rep in the C&A department that there is no technology department.😱  Anthem sailings had entertainment released to book for sailings going into March, but the January sailing we are on had a glitch, the shows were there, but there were no days or times to choose.  I asked for a message to be relayed to the IT department so that the glitch could be fixed, I was told there was no department.  When I asked if the gentleman knew what an IT department was, he said yes, there is no technology department.  I gave up and called a different number.  Alas, the next day, the error was fixed.