Are 2 visas needed for overnight in Cuba?

jggohfam6

We are leaving soon for a cruise on the Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas ship with an overnight in Cuba.  I was told that the visa charge would be $75 when I booked the cruise.  Today when calling with a few questions they told me that since it is an overnight in Cuba you must pay for a second visa for the second day.  Does anyone have experience with this?  Is this true?

44 minutes ago, jggohfam6 said:

We are leaving soon for a cruise on the Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas ship with an overnight in Cuba.  I was told that the visa charge would be $75 when I booked the cruise.  Today when calling with a few questions they told me that since it is an overnight in Cuba you must pay for a second visa for the second day.  Does anyone have experience with this?  Is this true?

This is absolutely not true. When you have an overnight in Cuba they will stamp your passport the first time you get off the ship and then examine it every time you get off. 

Hope this helps.   Enjoy

m

Edited by cruisegirl1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

This is absolutely not true. When you have an overnight in Cuba they will stamp your passport the first time you get off the ship and then examine it every time you get off. 

Hope this helps.   Enjoy

m

One entry one Tourist visa, a second entry a additional tourist vise. Unless things have changed. 

From 2017. RCL FAQ'S about your Cuba visit. 

The tourist card allows for one entry only. The other half of the card has to be handed in on departure from Cuba

We overnights on one of the first overnights on Empress in September 2017 and only one Visa was required, they stamped your passport and keep the copy of Visa.  Next day they just checked the passport stamp again.  Surprisingly some of the friendliest immigration folks I have ever met.  Actually they were glad to see Americans returning to there country to visit and drop some money 

15 hours ago, jggohfam6 said:

Who is "they?"   Royal?  A visa service?  The Cuban consulate/embassy? 

We were in Cuba in October with two ports, Havana and Cienfuegos. Only one visa was required; however, we were told before getting off the ship that if we lost it, we would have to purchase another.

Sherri🙂

We did overnight in Cuba and only had to pay for one visa.  We got on/off ship about 4 times and as stated after first time they just checked your passport.  Someone at Royal didn't know what he/she was talking about.

On 12/14/2018 at 8:02 AM, Joseph2017China said:

First, I only paid once for my overnight stay.  Secondly, what I did last year, means nothing for tomorrow.  Cuba is in control, and they can change their fees or rules overnight.  They can change the rules after you get on the ship, and before you arrive. 

The VISA requirement is what Cuba requires for foreigners to be in their country.  The 12 reason we are allowed to be in the country are US government requirements.

• 1 month later...

Just check one.  I was there in September and did this.  First day was no tour off ship daytime, ship tour evening, independent tour day 2.  Just one check.  The customs people don't care once you have done one time off ship.