How Should I bring Wine onboard?

mamaofami

I don't think there's a rule either way, but we always bring it in our carry-on. Luggage isn't handled gently, and I would weep if my suitcase arrived soaking wet. And I'd feel terrible that somebody else's luggage might smell like Montepulciano d'Abruzzo.

Also, when your checked luggage is scanned and the bottles are detected, the powers that be may hold your bag and make you prove that it's not wine instead of hard liquor.

Maybe a search - https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/onboard-alcohol-guest-policy

There IS a policy, and that policy is it must be in carry on.  In the past, they did not state how, but they do now.

On boarding day, guests may bring onboard two (2) 750 ml bottles of personal wine and champagne per stateroom in their carry-on luggage. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, George C said:

Always carry on, you most likely be called to naughty room if it’s in checked luggage.

On last cruise, I packed one bottle of wine in carry-on and our 2nd in checked (brain fade on my part, I knew the policy says in carry-on).  That checked bag showed up at the cabin rather late (during dinner) with a polite note reminding us of the policy.  

The cruise contract for our upcoming cruise states:

Guests may bring personal wine or champagne onboard only on embarkation day, limited to two (2) bottles (no boxes) of 750 ml each per stateroom.  Wine should be brought onboard via carry on if possible.

Luggage containing wine or champagne will not be delivered to the stateroom and guests will need to retrieve their luggage from security once the ship has set sail.

I guess everyone needs to decide if it is "possible" for them to carry it on and if they are willing to go to security to get their luggage.

Edited by sunnyv

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, No Bananas said:

Okay kind of new to this. 2 bottles on embarcation day in carry on. Are you allowed to bring a bottle after a shore excursion... Asking for a friend.

You can bring wine (or other alcohol) after a shore excursion, but their policy is to take it and hold it until the end of the cruise.