Bringing snacks on board

Cruisinmimi321

1 hour ago, Cruisinmimi321 said:

I know you cannot bring wine, soft drinks or water when you board, but are you allowed to bring candy or packaged cookies with you?

You can bring wine onboard. 

Factory sealed packaged foods only. A ziplock baggie is not factory sealed. No fresh fruits, meats, cheeses. 

But,,,, there are hundreds of cookies available on the buffet line and there is no need to bring anything onboard. 

2 hours ago, Cruisinmimi321 said:

I know you cannot bring wine, soft drinks or water when you board, but are you allowed to bring candy or packaged cookies with you?

No one cares what you bring on at the embarkation port, (food wise), but why would you take the effort unless it was a bag of candy, or special diabetic cookies.

Yes. Like everyone else said snacks have to be factory sealed. I once forgot I had an open bag of chips and banana in my backpack upon embarkation and cruise security caught it and told me to hand it over. However I bring factory sealed candy, chips, and gum all the time on my cruises. FYI, I just got off the Escape on Dec 21 after a 12 day cruise and at 2p-3p everyday in the buffet they brought out cookies, potato chips, and tortilla chips. I couldn’t resist. I ended up bringing my bags of chips back home.

Why do people have to tell others what they do or don't need to do?  Or question other's motivations?

On 1/2/2019 at 10:11 AM, BirdTravels said:

But,,,, there are hundreds of cookies available on the buffet line and there is no need to bring anything onboard. 

Maybe you have no need.  For plenty of other people (OP being one of them apparently) there are plenty of needs to bring food products on board.

On 1/2/2019 at 11:13 AM, zqvol said:

No one cares what you bring on at the embarkation port, (food wise), but why would you take the effort unless it was a bag of candy, or special diabetic cookies.

Maybe there are foods that I like that aren't on the buffet? 

Snacks in particular are much easier to manage in the room if they are packaged.  Easy to keep in a drawer or closet without messing up other stuff you are storing.  I've brought my share of food back from the buffet but it's always in an open plate/bowl/napkin and hard to store anywhere other than the limited counter space.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

Why do people have to tell others what they do or don't need to do?  Or question other's motivations?

Why do people have to tell others what they should or should not be posting?  :classic_biggrin:

43 minutes ago, senseib said:

Why do people have to tell others what they should or should not be posting?  :classic_biggrin:

You do realize I didn't tell anyone what they should or shouldn't post, right?

There is a tendency on these forums for people (especially a certain group of heavy posters) to make comments that implicitly belittle another poster's questions.  It's not healthy for the boards and I won't apologize for pointing it out when I see it.  

• Like 2