Current Celebrity Sale.... or lack of.

RickT

Been keeping an eye on a few cruises and was curious to see what X would bring out to replace their current offering.  Perhaps the website hasn’t been updated but the only change appears to be the removal of the “Up to $600 off” portion of last months sale.  Most cruises I’ve had my eye on are now $500+ more than they were yesterday. Seems one perk is still available.

Some prices haven’t changed all that much but others are now hitting Edge like pricing.  Guess I won’t be starting the year off booking a new cruise.

Perhaps X’s IT team is still on holiday and the full details of the latest sale haven’t been loaded to the website.

Looks like they are loading it now.  Did a dummy booking on my Aug 2020 cruise and for AQ it was $150 pp savings and 2 perks.  Which was $150 pp and 1 perk better than what I had.  Called Captains Club and have it all adjusted.  I think it's called Sail Beyond sale and I think is 1/3 through 1/31.

I just saved $300 on my 2021 Caribbean cruise. Just be aware that the 2 perk option applied only to “non “refundable” deposits. I chose 1 perk with a refundable deposit. I am not sure if this applies to all cruises.

Thanks.  Still nothing for me (Firefox browser).  I cleared my cache and the sail beyond event appears but only 1 perk (refundable deposit) so perhaps Canada pricing is on its way.  Also looking at 2019 sailings.

It's finally there for me.  Unfortunately the cruises I am looking at have all gone up in price.  The price increase is the approx cost of adding the 2nd perk to the earlier sale.  Based on the new sale the total cost with 2 perks is about the same under both sales.

Congrats to those who found a price decrease!

1 hour ago, RickT said:

Unfortunately the cruises I am looking at have all gone up in price. 

The price increase is the approx cost of adding the 2nd perk to the earlier sale. 

Based on the new sale the total cost with 2 perks is about the same under both sales.

WOW!  What an absolutely FANTASTIC "sale."

4 hours ago, jshli said:

I just saved $300 on my 2021 Caribbean cruise. Just be aware that the 2 perk option applied only to “non “refundable” deposits. I chose 1 perk with a refundable deposit. I am not sure if this applies to all cruises.

We just booked 4 cruises and were hit with the new non-refundable deposits.  We did get 3 perks though, plus an extra from my booking company.  My rep had no idea why they instituted this new policy.  Maybe too many cancellations?

Spent 2 hrs on hold with 2 different calls but got a reduced rate and 2 perks added to a sailing

Earlier when the TA was speaking with X--the agent for X mentioned that the rate for another sailing of ours was down another $400. Got that taken care of as well. 

Now --- have been on hold with X for about an hour to get the Captains Club rate and added benefit coupon adjusted to a booking I made online about an hour ago. I booked it online to get the cabin.... this is crazy

They are SLAMMED today. 

Edited to add-- I did check the rate and perks on one of our bookings and the rate is UP and a loss of a perk since we booked it 4 weeks ago

Edited by Fogfog

5 hours ago, jshli said:

Interesting.  I read that it is two perks for the price of the Big and a third perk if you turn your deposit into a nonrefundable deposit.  Perhaps your cruise is outside the date range for this promotion.

We did very well...just a fluke

I was actually looking for a cruise for someone else   and came across a 2020 post rev cruise on Summit from Bayonne  to Newport, Bermuda and Charleston with overnights..  Stumbled into the Sale pricing with refundable dep, 2 perks..  got a 2A for 2 B  price ,( Cap Club)... . Got  into Select Dining as well...   we are very pleased.   Esp with the price...paying so much more for EDGE!

1 hour ago, dpm321 said:

We just booked 4 cruises and were hit with the new non-refundable deposits.  We did get 3 perks though, plus an extra from my booking company.  My rep had no idea why they instituted this new policy.  Maybe too many cancellations?

I hope your booking company knew and explained to you that there was a choice of 2 perks with refundable deposit OR 3 perks with the non-refundable deposit.  If not you probably need a new booking company.

For the 2020 cruise we had booked, we decided to rebook with the non refundable deposit. We saved $200 on the booking (which was real good already since it was a group booking), plus added free gratuity on a 10 day cruise on top of free drink package and OBC we already had. And kept my TA perks. I am definitely happy.

Edited by angelhelly

25 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I hope your booking company knew and explained to you that there was a choice of 2 perks with refundable deposit OR 3 perks with the non-refundable deposit.  If not you probably need a new booking company.

They did.  I've used them (and her) for years.  Plus I know where they live 😀.

We just booked today for Apex in 2020 with $200 off (IV balcony) and 2 perks (I took $300 OBC and free internet) with a refundable deposit.  I read the fine print and the sale was for cruises into spring of 2020 for bookings made between Jan 1 and Jan 31, 2019.  We're happy.

Edited by Diver2014

19 minutes ago, Diver2014 said:

We just booked today for Apex in 2020 with $200 off (IV balcony) and 2 perks (I took $300 OBC and free internet) with a refundable deposit.  I read the fine print and the sale was for cruises into spring of 2020 for bookings made between Jan 1 and Jan 31, 2019.  We're happy.

Their fine print is scary and is rarely updated. The heading of the sale says it's good on most cruises through April 2021

I was about to post the same thing re the affected sailing dates.  It's really a shame that they can't even get their "terms and conditions" right.  The one I read today was May of 2020.   Also within an hour the deal presented on my dummy booking changed from 2 to 3 free perks for the nonrefundable deposit.