Future Cruise benefits for TransAtlantics or TransPacifics

ping1

I asked onboard last week and they said they don't really have promos for the transpacific and transatlantic crossings. They may offer a tiny discount or a bit of OBC but they never offer the perks as everyone is on the ship for multiple days and will drink they dry... 😉

On the Nov Silhouette TA, they offered a choice of gratuities or wifi for 2019 TAs, TPs, and some repositioning cruises.  Edge was excluded.  Unfortunately, they aren't offering this for 2020, at least that's what their revenue dept says.  When the TAs, TPs, and repos begin in April, I'll be looking to see if any pax can advise if if 2020 is still a no-go.  You can only find out what the current, if any, extras are while you're actually ON a TA or TP.  I'm guessing that's another thing that will quietly disappear though. 

OP, you wouldn't be eligible for the added wifi or gratuities because you wouldn't be ON a TA when you're booking one.  

20190104_225427.jpg

Edited by goofysmom99

When I was on the Silhouette in December (on a Caribbean itinerary, not a TA),  they were offering free gratuities or wifi along with reduced deposit and a small amount of OBC for trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific sailings booked on board. I don’t remember the details about which cabin categories, dates, and ships the offer applied to, but it was probably similar to what Goofysmom posted above.

Edited by Carried_Away

Please, please, Celebrity, don't start the price bundling of promos that we don't want for transAtlantatics.  Price bundling has led to price inflation.  For elite passengers like us that don't drink like fishes, we don't want a beverage package.

Just keep it with the bottom line price, or we will just move to Royal C. that does not bundle.

On 1/3/2019 at 2:55 PM, ping1 said:

We're planning to book a Trans Atlantic cruise on board the Silly this coming March.  What benefits can we expect to receive?    thank you.

When you book, if you have your favorite travel agent on file, they will immediately transfer the booking to them.  If not, you will have 60 days to transfer to a travel agent for additional OBC.

3 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

Please, please, Celebrity, don't start the price bundling of promos that we don't want for transAtlantatics.  Price bundling has led to price inflation.  For elite passengers like us that don't drink like fishes, we don't want a beverage package.

The offer available when I was on the Silhouette was a choice of gratuities or an Internet package. A beverage package was not an option, and the offer did not use Celebrity’s usual language of including a “perk.”

On 1/3/2019 at 7:55 PM, ping1 said:

We're planning to book a Trans Atlantic cruise on board the Silly this coming March.  What benefits can we expect to receive?    thank you.

Just to be picky, the transatlantic Silhouette sails April 14.   That sailing is wide open for availability.  

I think they meant they are booking a cruise in march, not sailing in march.

But we are on the silhouette TA (april 14) and very few else are, lol the aqua cabins have something like 90 open. Prices will drop like a rock after final payment in all likelihood 

On 1/3/2019 at 12:14 PM, dpm321 said:

We're booked on the Edge TA this coming April...got a whopping $125 (for the cabin) OBC.  Nothing else.

Hope you sent it to a TA and received more OBC or something else.  We are cruising with you at the end of April too!  Here’s to great weather and a wonderful cruise!

Edited by Lastdance

6 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Hope you sent it to a TA and received more OBC or something else.  We are cruising with you at the end of April too!  Here’s to great weather and a wonderful cruise!

Yes, our TA takes good care of us.  Last time I did a TA it was on a liner (longggg time ago).  I'm curious how a shallow draft cruise ship will do on it.  I've heard a lot of good things about the ship otherwise.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, justcrusn said:

I think they meant they are booking a cruise in march, not sailing in march.

But we are on the silhouette TA (april 14) and very few else are, lol the aqua cabins have something like 90 open. Prices will drop like a rock after final payment in all likelihood 

Yup...there are well over 450 balcony cabins available representing about 1/3 of the ship!  It’s  going to be a giveaway!

I guess we lucked out.   We booked 4 cruises recently one of which was a TA.   The Future Cruise Manager was waiting on us and accidently told us we would get all 4 perks for a CS on all cruises.   She later realized her mistake for the TA and profusely apologized.   She ended up giving us a $450 OBC and as an apology gave us a $300 OBC for the cruise we were on and a dinner for 2 at any of the Specialty Restaurants.  

BTW -  At least when we booked on board the Deposit was $1,800 for CS and above while the SS and below were only $200.