Cruising on a Chartered Ship

2 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Since I got all tied up on Allure.... I ran out of bookings🙄

Too bad this was only a 5 night...😢

I think the March 15th might be a good one... since the March 6th is gone too... 🤔

But do not want to be tied up on another 5 nighter... I think I will move on to Freedom 👍😁🤞

The only reason that March 6th is gone is that the Star Trek charter is a 7 day charter replacing the original 5 day cruise leaving March 1 which affected 2 cruises instead of 1.    The March 15th cruise won’t be affected.

What’s up with Freedom?

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The only reason that March 6th is gone is that the Star Trek charter is a 7 day charter replacing the original 5 day cruise leaving March 1 which affected 2 cruises instead of 1.    The March 15th cruise won’t be affected.

What’s up with Freedom?

March 6th was pulled WAY before March 1st....so something is going on there too....

March 15th is standing alone now being the last cruise before drydock...

I think they might want to use the whole in the schedule and send her over on the TA starting the week of March 8th cancelling March 15th as it is not selling well anyway... 🤔

15 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

March 6th was pulled WAY before March 1st....so something is going on there too....

March 15th is standing alone now being the last cruise before drydock...

I think they might want to use the whole in the schedule and send her over on the TA starting the week of March 8th cancelling March 15th as it is not selling well anyway... 🤔

I  was sure that the 1st and the 6th were pulled within days of each other, if not the same day. I remember talking to a friend who was trying to decide which one to book. 

Don't really think anything will happen with the 15th as they are offering that as one of the price protected sailings. 

The March 6th cruise will most likely change to a 7 day departing the 8th. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Just spoke to my travel agent and Royal Caribbean directly and our reservation for this cruise is still active. Not cancelled... the whole group’s reservations, including those booked yesterday are all active according to Royal

12 hours ago, hlandrews12 said:

My TA booked 5 more rooms in my group booking today and still saw it available today. I will definitely be Checking and calling in the morning 

Good move by your TA, that just 5 more cabins passengers that will get the compensation to use.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I  was sure that the 1st and the 6th were pulled within days of each other, if not the same day.

I definitely checked on my March 1st sailing and saw the March 6th pulled first..... was so disappointed I supposively missed the boat 🛥 😂

1 hour ago, hlandrews12 said:

Just spoke to my travel agent and Royal Caribbean directly and our reservation for this cruise is still active. Not cancelled... the whole group’s reservations, including those booked yesterday are all active according to Royal

That is really weird

2 hours ago, hlandrews12 said:

Maybe make a copy the above letter from RC that Ourusualbeach  posted and have your TA ask them Why they sent out letter.

• Like 1

Doesn't seem likely that you could keep this cruise but maybe your group is large enough that Royal wants to include it.  Longer cruise at same price?  And Klingons guarding the wedding.

27 minutes ago, LeeW said:

Doesn't seem likely that you could keep this cruise but maybe your group is large enough that Royal wants to include it.  Longer cruise at same price?  And Klingons guarding the wedding.

The group thing is the only thing that makes me think it’s staying. We have a pretty large group. I’m still not counting on anything certain yet

20 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Just because their IT failed again.... Does not mean you get to dance with the Klingons... 🙄

I certainly didn’t say this cruise would be ideal. Simply stating everything still shows every cabin in my group active. 🙄

2 minutes ago, hlandrews12 said:

I certainly didn’t say this cruise would be ideal. Simply stating everything still shows every cabin in my group active. 🙄

Its just an IT issue that they are having with the groups. It’s a full ship charter, no one groups or otherwise will be joining that group.  Have your TA call back and escalate this.

41 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Its just an IT issue that they are having with the groups. It’s a full ship charter, no one groups or otherwise will be joining that group.  Have your TA call back and escalate this.

Unfortunately my TA is now away for a while.. really hoping we don’t get screwed over because of it. 

6 minutes ago, hlandrews12 said:

Unfortunately my TA is now away for a while.. really hoping we don’t get screwed over because of it. 

I hate to say it but you and your entire group is about to get screwed over. You, your TA, or someone needs to grab the bull by the horns and take care of this directly.

This is for your wedding right? Make the call now, on your own, get it resolved, then fire the TA

Edited by klfrodo

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Is there no one else in your TA’s office that can talk to Royal for you?  If not call Roysl yourself and explain the situation.

Nope. It’s only two people and they’re away together. And I called Royal today, explained everything and they are showing an active reservation. No documents or letters/notices of cancellations attached to it. I specifically mentioned that letters were sent out and I didn’t want to be stuck with nothing since this is my wedding and we have a lot of people going. 

Just now, klfrodo said:

I hate to say it but you and your entire group is about to get screwed over. You, your TA, or someone needs to grab the bull by the horns and take care of this directly.

Called Royal today directly and explained everything and they said there’s nothing they can do unless I’d like to cancel my reservation and told me it would be a normal cancellation and I’d lose my deposit completely since there is nothing on my reservation that my cruise was cancelled by Royal. My TA was on the phone with them last night as well with nothing but the same answers 

1 minute ago, hlandrews12 said:

Nope. It’s only two people and they’re away together. And I called Royal today, explained everything and they are showing an active reservation. No documents or letters/notices of cancellations attached to it. I specifically mentioned that letters were sent out and I didn’t want to be stuck with nothing since this is my wedding and we have a lot of people going. 

Personally I would be looking for a new TA.  For them to go away leaving all their clients with no where to turn if something went wrong is unacceptable to me.  

I would call cack again again and ask for either resolutions or the redeployment desk.  The front line people will not be able to help.