CoCo Cay Bungalows.....anyone have experience with them?

zdad59

We had a Columbus Cove Bungalow when we were in Labadee last year.   Sailing on Symphony in July and it stops at CoCo Cay.   They have a nice bungalow for $244 total.   Says limited to 6 people.   In Labadee others had more than their official limit.   I wonder if they use the same "loose rules" at CoCo Cay too.   Also are they in a nice part of the beach, and quiet?

Any info CC experts may have is appreciated.

Z

• Like 1

We used a bungalow in Coco in August.  It was nice and we liked it at the time.  Was on south side of the island away from all the major action.  The water was 'shallow' and you could walk out quite far.  Was a bar and drink service.  Food was included but it was kinda lack luster (better than average beach food, but all pre-made and not quite the hottest when we got it).  We still had a wonderful time, saw a handful of fish and lounged around all day.  Very very laid back and had a spectacular view.

When we returned to Coco in Dec we had what I consider to be a better concierge.  Turned out on our first trip he was on vacation that week and we had a fill in concierge.  The first thing he did was say...No, you don't want the bungalow.  You want to be in our cabanas (which are pretty much the same size) with the main differences being it had access to a suite only beach that was essentially man made and got deep enough to actually swim in (and I swear they stocked it with tropical fish somehow because of how many there were).  It was close to the center of the action, the live music could be heard in the background, they had a fresh cooked bbq buffet lunch that was some of the best food we had the entire trip.  He also had snorkel gear there for the kids because our excursion to go snorkeling at the previous island got cancelled.

Edited by dodgestang
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, cgags47 said:

I'm curious as to what the actual prices will be once Coco Cay gets totally redone.

Speaking of that -- does anyone know whether or not the pier is open yet? They were working on it when we were there, last March. Hoping it will be open for our Indy cruise, next month!

13 minutes ago, wwcruisers said:

Speaking of that -- does anyone know whether or not the pier is open yet? They were working on it when we were there, last March. Hoping it will be open for our Indy cruise, next month!

Pier is not yet open.  Maybe by May.

When I was there in late Dec....May looked to be optimistic... 😉

Tendering wasn't too big of a deal and honestly if the weather is bad enough that you can't use tenders....I don't think you would have a good time there sitting at the dock watching it rain and be windy.  😉

LOL -- looked like they were making good progress, back in March -- they already had the pylons in place. But, I forgot that this project is on "Island Time", lol! I've never minded tendering. We've been lucky, never having bad weather interfere with our CocoCay stops. For me, it's pretty much a matter of logistics. This will be our first 'family cruise', and we're going to have to get 4 adults and a VERY independent-minded toddler on the same tender to the island (talk about herding cats!) 😵

Thanks for the info guys -- I think we definitely need to look into booking a cabana! 😎

1 hour ago, wwcruisers said:

Hi,

I was at CocoCay last month. I saw the new pier under construction. It did not look close to opening.

Chuck

• Thanks 1

Was in a bungalow last month on Cococay and really enjoyed it.  Interesting to hear that they're still on the planner for July... I was looking for a bungalow for my December Symphony cruise and I don't see them there anymore.  Anyone know what the deal is?

To answer OP's question, I didn't notice anyone exceeding the 6 person limit.  The bungalow next door had some visitors for a little while, but they left before too long.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, SAmome said:

Are all the bungalows on South Beach?  I was confused about the reference to South beach not being open until Dec 2019.

• South Beach, Coco Beach Club and the overwater cabanas will open in December 2019.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/when-does-perfect-day-at-cococay-open

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SAmome said:

I'm still confused about this.  Are the bungalows getting used in an area that will later open as "South Beach" in 2019?

No concerns about renting a bungalow and finding out the beach are not open yet?

Please post as to whether the Bungalows and Beach Beds are on South Beach.  We will be on Coco Cay in May 2019.  If not South Beach, where would the Bungalows and Beach Beds be located.  

Where would the Beach Beds be if they were not on South Beach?  

Edited by SherriZ366

22 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

Please post as to whether the Bungalows and Beach Beds are on South Beach.  We will be on Coco Cay in May 2019.  If not South Beach, where would the Bungalows and Beach Beds be located.  

Where would the Beach Beds be if they were not on South Beach?  

I have a Bungalow reserved for early June and I'd think there are a lot of bungalows reserved in Coco Cay before Dec 2019 so probably ok. The RCCL website is confusing but I guess what's new about that.

On 2/11/2019 at 8:01 PM, SAmome said:

I have a Bungalow reserved for early June and I'd think there are a lot of bungalows reserved in Coco Cay before Dec 2019 so probably ok. The RCCL website is confusing but I guess what's new about that.

I will post about the Beach Bed I'm renting after My B2B on May 20 and 24, 2019.

I booked a cabana for nov 2019. When you book your cabana you are reserving a certain type. I booked the chill island cabana. On my planner, also available is tha oasis lagoon cabana and the thrill cabana. The thrill cabana includes the water park. I am assuming you must recieve wristlet for that. So you wouldn't be able to have more people. 

Op which cabana did you book??

• 3 weeks later...

Hi- I am brand new, first time cruiser March 2019 and no clue what I am doing!   I am impressed with all the experience on this website-- WOW!   It's just a 4 day Mariner of the Seas Bahamas and someone suggested pre booking a cabana or bungalow for Cococay.  I went on the Royal Carrib website and it is not an option.   Does this mean they are sold out?    Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Julie199 said:

Hi- I am brand new, first time cruiser March 2019 and no clue what I am doing!   I am impressed with all the experience on this website-- WOW!   It's just a 4 day Mariner of the Seas Bahamas and someone suggested pre booking a cabana or bungalow for Cococay.  I went on the Royal Carrib website and it is not an option.   Does this mean they are sold out?    Thank you.

Could be the pre-cruise allocation is sold out.  Try going to the excursion desk as soon as you get onboard and see if any are available.

• Like 1

We had a Columbus Cove Bungalow when we were in Labadee last year.   Sailing on Symphony in July and it stops at CoCo Cay.   They have a nice bungalow for $244 total.   Says limited to 6 people.   In Labadee others had more than their official limit.   I wonder if they use the same "loose rules" at CoCo Cay too.   Also are they in a nice part of the beach, and quiet?

Any info CC experts may have is appreciated.

Z

We were asked how many were in our party when we checked in, and then everyone was given a wristband. No one ever came by to check otherwise.

The beach itself was very nice and relaxing. Couldn't do much in the water at low tide without walking way out. The tide was in by the time we left, but was still only maybe waist deep.

The food delivered was meh. Edible, but nothing spectacular. I think you'd be better off walking to the buffet area, which several of our neighbors did.