Excursion says bring a towel from the ship?

sue2go

Check the Compass the day before to find out if there will be a towel station on the pier (usually close to the gangway). If not, you'd need to get them poolside. If you have an early excursion, it's worth checking towels out the evening before in case you're running late and/or there's a line at the towel station.

• Like 1

There will likely be a towel checkout just before you get off the ship but it may be packed.  Get your towels up on the pool deck the night before.  You can exchange wet towels when you get back or just check them in.  Make sure you do all this with ONE cruise card - they have a nasty habit of adding towel charges after the cruise and doing checkout/checkin with different cards has caused problems for us.

• Like 1

We once did an excursion with a family with kids who waited till the morning of the trip to get their towels. Of course there was a huge line and they were running late. They ended up having to dry the kids off with their t-shirts! Lucky it was a hot day!

7 minutes ago, precious89904600 said:

I would take my own beach towel with me on the cruise and don't have to worry about returning it

Why would you worry about not returning it?

Not very hard to remember to gather up your things and bring them back....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, precious89904600 said:

I would take my own beach towel with me on the cruise and don't have to worry about returning it

But then you end up with a dirty wet beach towel that you have to take care of washing & drying yourself. :classic_ohmy:

Thanks all for the great advice - we will get one at the pool the day before (and use 1 card), as our excursion is at 9:30.  Looking forward to our kayak adventure in St. Croix!

Edited by sue2go