Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

18 minutes ago, richstowe said:

Please forgive me . I couldn't do all 35 pages so didn't see the answer to this post .

So where did Celebrity find the room for 30 additional cabins and the addition of The Retreat for suite guests ? What was removed ?

For the new Aqua Class staterooms...on deck 10 forward, the fitness center, spa, salon, persian gardens area was reworked, with the new staterooms all added to one side where the salon used to be.

For the inside staterooms, on decks 6, 7, 8...the acupuncture, library, and iLounge were all removed. The new staterooms are right across from the center window view elevator bank. 3 each on decks 6 and 7. 4 on deck 8.

For the oceanview staterooms, deck 3, the Tuscan Grille area was reworked. The staterooms are on the opposite side of the ship from the OV staterooms that were added when the conference rooms were removed.

Edited by Anita Latte

3 hours ago, IanK said:

I too am disappointed by the removal of the sauna with the window. It was a great place to just wind down after a day of touring. Seems the almighty dollar has taken over customer amenity. I reAlly missed the complimentary sauna/steam room on Edge.

We really need someone that's currently on the ship to give us the lowdown on the new spa and fitness center. They've completely reworked that area so it should be totally different that before. 

Edited by kwokpot

59 minutes ago, pd7277 said:

Copied from elsewhere.

One of the brand new installed Aqua Class cabins on Millennium

Image may contain: indoor

Few more of the new AQ cabins on Millennium 
How much better is that deck furniture compared with that on Edge 

Image may contain: indoor

The shower doesn't look like one in Aqua and I don't see any foot stools.  Is it possible that these are pictures of a regular veranda?

5 minutes ago, MartinsCruise said:

The shower doesn't look like one in Aqua and I don't see any foot stools.  Is it possible that these are pictures of a regular veranda?

We were in a Sky Suite on the Summit last November and we did not have foot stools (removed) - could this be the new trend?

I am just happy that Millennium (and hopefully Summit will too) have proper chairs!

1 minute ago, MartinsCruise said:

It's definitely an upgraded shower though, not a regular one, and though I don't see foot stools the veranda furniture is upgraded for sure, just look at the adjustable head rest 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

We really need someone that's currently on the ship to give us the lowdown on the new spa and fitness center. They've completely reworked that area so it should be totally different that before. 

That would be ideal.  Seems the gym is much smaller - the two wings have gone (one had all the free weights if I remember correctly) and the remaining area has had 4 or 5 treatment rooms put into it.   So ,what's left is certainly a lot smaller.

Confirmation of the existence of the sauna still being in the men's (and women's) changing room (albeit much smaller, presumably) would also be good.  

2 minutes ago, [g]cruiserke said:

It's definitely an upgraded shower though, not a regular one, and though I don't see foot stools the veranda furniture is upgraded for sure, just look at the adjustable head rest 

and the wooden deck!  usually only found on Deck 6.  Deck 9 & 11 AQ cabins have cement floors.  I LOVE the deck look on the balcony 🙂

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheReeferman said:

That would be ideal.  Seems the gym is much smaller - the two wings have gone (one had all the free weights if I remember correctly) and the remaining area has had 4 or 5 treatment rooms put into it.   So ,what's left is certainly a lot smaller.

Confirmation of the existence of the sauna still being in the men's (and women's) changing room (albeit much smaller, presumably) would also be good.  

Right below the free weights was the aerobics/floor exercises area. The left hand wing was the fitness consultation area where the fitness instructors tries to get you to buy stuff. 

I will be very, very happy if there are complementary saunas in the new locker rooms, and I'll be fine if their small. Royal has abandoned the idea, as has NCL. Carnival continues to put small saunas in the locker room even on totally refurbished ships. The Edge doesn't even have locker rooms for people just using the fitness center. 

20 minutes ago, hvbaskey said:

and the wooden deck!  usually only found on Deck 6.  Deck 9 & 11 AQ cabins have cement floors.  I LOVE the deck look on the balcony 🙂

The decking on the balcony in that photo is not wood. They don't put wood decking anywhere anymore. 

31 minutes ago, MartinsCruise said:

Hi Sue - The red text was copied from the post, so I believe it is one of the new AQ verandas.  Nice to see the clothes line was included in the shower.  I miss those on the S-Class.

32 minutes ago, [g]cruiserke said:

Not sure if this has been discussed already as the pictures are a few days old but this is I believe the first look at the new look of the spa area on the Millennium :

Screenshot_20190212-230233__01.jpg

Screenshot_20190212-230347__01.jpg

Looks like a nice re- tiling of the old space.. but still interior with heated bench seating, showers and  various  therapy rms.. Hopefully a dry sauna, steam room and aromatherapy at least...

We did not book in  AQ class for Summit..just a reg balc cabin...so no extra goodies.  We booked for the itin..Newport, Bermuda ,  Charleston  from Bayonne and will keep it fairly casual.

We will go back to AQ on an S Class ship...after they are revealed.

Edited by hcat

7 minutes ago, pd7277 said:

Hi Sue - The red text was copied from the post, so I believe it is one of the new AQ verandas.  Nice to see the clothes line was included in the shower.  I miss those on the S-Class.

Roll your clothes in a bath towel for an hour, to remove the moisture.  They will dry much faster.  Just sayin'....

23 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

The decking on the balcony in that photo is not wood. They don't put wood decking anywhere anymore. 

Faux wood still works for me 🙂  it's still a much nicer appearance than cement/concrete 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Olive1950 said:

Roll your clothes in a bath towel for an hour, to remove the moisture.  They will dry much faster.  Just sayin'....

We have agreed on this in the past...you still need to let them dry somewhere.

5 minutes ago, pd7277 said:

We have agreed on this in the past...you still need to let them dry somewhere.

Hmmmm, don't remember that.

Let me see:

Over the back of a chair on my veranda

On a hanger in one of my closets (now that they're NOT dripping)

On a towel rack in one of the bathrooms

Over one of the shower doors.

I've had jeans dry in just over 24 hours.  Can't subject them to that ultra hot water in the laundry....

1 minute ago, Olive1950 said:

Hmmmm, don't remember that.

Let me see:

Over the back of a chair on my veranda

On a hanger in one of my closets (now that they're NOT dripping)

On a towel rack in one of the bathrooms

Over one of the shower doors.

I've had jeans dry in just over 24 hours.  Can't subject them to that ultra hot water in the laundry....

Or on the clothesline in the shower.

• Like 3

On 2/10/2019 at 7:10 PM, Cinbub said:

In this photo Sunset/Oceanview Bar does not appear open yet for business.  

image.png.7501b4a977f139faca3aa58b2bb0be26.png

What I notice most is the awning is gone and replaced with what resemble fan blades. Looks pretty, yes, and it is great area for sun lovers. Not great for those of us who have had or may be susceptible to skin cancer.  You won't see me out there on a sunny day unless the sun is forward of the ship as it appears to be in this picture.  And it may no longer be a good spot for sail-away parties for the same reason.

Edited by emileg
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pd7277 said:

Hi Peggy!  The picture didn't show a full body shower which we've always had in Aqua so that's what made me think it may be a different type of cabin.  The clothes line is a nice addition.  I'm happy to see that the chairs recline and they have high backs on them.  Thanks for posting these!

• Like 1