Private cocktail party for a 50th anniversary

marebp

My parents are taking 23 of us on a the Anthem of the Seas for their 50th anniversary. We would like to throw them a pre-dinner cocktail party the second night with a slide show of their past 50 years. Has anyone done something similar, and do you have any suggestions? I have been looking over private event pricing, and was thinking it may be fun to have a scavenger hunt that gets us all to the event (we can work in teams) and I would probably hire a musician duet as well. I would love some guidance from someone that has done something similar. Is there a space that you would recommend we ask for, etc? Thanks so much in advance. 

Are you working with a TA? How many cabins do you have total? With a group, RCCL offers what is called GAP points. These can be used for things like private cocktail parties - depending on the offer, how many cabins booked, etc. I would check with your TA, or contact RCCL directly.

• Like 1

We are working with a TA, and we have 8 cabins. Will ask her what GAP points are...my father booked the rooms, but I have spoken to her separately. Am I better off working directly? 

That is very nice of your parents, and nice of you to honor their anniversary. I would start with the TA, but would not plan to use the group points. Your parents may have other plans for those, e.g.,tips, onboard credit, bottles of wine. 

We are all the same level cabin, no splurging. My parent's asked us that we all stick with the interior rooms with virtual balconies, as they would prefer not to have disparity (some sibs would easily upgrade, some not). I was considering upgrading their room secretly. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cruisinfromtampa said:

Curious, where did you get a list of event pricing?  We're doing a celebratory cruise for DH finishing Doctoral school, and would love to do something similar.

You can find that here, starting around page 9:

www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/countries/DEU/pdfs/Guide.pdf

• Like 1

On 1/12/2019 at 1:37 PM, marebp said:

My parents are taking 23 of us on a the Anthem of the Seas for their 50th anniversary. We would like to throw them a pre-dinner cocktail party the second night with a slide show of their past 50 years. Has anyone done something similar, and do you have any suggestions? I have been looking over private event pricing, and was thinking it may be fun to have a scavenger hunt that gets us all to the event (we can work in teams) and I would probably hire a musician duet as well. I would love some guidance from someone that has done something similar. Is there a space that you would recommend we ask for, etc? Thanks so much in advance. 

Not sure when your cruise is, but I would love any information you might learn from your TA or RC on this issue! We'd like to do a similar thing for our group on our Anthem sailing this summer (including possible scavenger hunt and cocktail reception). Please let us know what you settle on!

• Like 1

On 1/13/2019 at 11:31 AM, AdGuyMG said:

You can find that here, starting around page 9:

www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/countries/DEU/pdfs/Guide.pdf

This is very helpful as we are just starting to plan a similar idea for our trip -- thank you. Does anyone know how they might price children (esp ages < 12) for things like cocktail receptions or some of the culinary ones with hors d'oeuvres?

• Like 1

Each ship has an events coordinator that you can contact to help you with that stuff. I believe the email for ours was something like events at harmonyoftheseas dot com. They got our specialty restaurant booked for 24 along with a cocktail party prior to it. I think we got the email address from Royal after our TA decided it was too much work. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We have a cocktail party booked for the second night of the cruise...we are doing one hour and are having a scavenger hunt beforehand that will end at the party. they're arranging a projector for a slideshow for us as well. the children are charged the same amount as the adults for the hour. we're really excited! 

• Like 3

Oh this brings back memories. Many years ago RCI used to offer a cocktail party (comp) for groups of a certain number. As a large extended family we would have these often..A few memorable ones were to celebrate my parents 50th anniversary, my daughter's honeymoon cruise (yes we all came), another daughter's onboard wedding and a son's graduation. Lot's of great memories.

Enjoy the memories you'll be making.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, marebp said:

We have a cocktail party booked for the second night of the cruise...we are doing one hour and are having a scavenger hunt beforehand that will end at the party. they're arranging a projector for a slideshow for us as well. the children are charged the same amount as the adults for the hour. we're really excited! 

So glad you got all that coordinated! Hope you have an awesome time. Who did you end up contacting on Anthem about this? And if you don't mind reporting back when you return, I'd love to hear your feedback about how all the arrangements turned out. Thanks and enjoy!

• Like 1

Will definitely report back. Working with the travel agent we booked through. Also adding a mini golf family tournament and an olympics at coco key. Each cost about $110 to arrange. Figuring I will have a points program for each family member and we can have an awards ceremony on the last night. We tend to be pretty competitive 😉

• Like 1

8 hours ago, marebp said:

Will definitely report back. Working with the travel agent we booked through. Also adding a mini golf family tournament and an olympics at coco key. Each cost about $110 to arrange. Figuring I will have a points program for each family member and we can have an awards ceremony on the last night. We tend to be pretty competitive 😉

Hope you all have a great vacation

Edited by PhoenixCruiser

Thanks everyone! If I add anything else, I will come back and let you know. So far we have a cocktail party, scavenger hunt, mini golf competition and olympics. Will try and come up with one thing to get us together each day. Will keep you updated! So excited to spend time with everyone...

52 minutes ago, marebp said:

Thanks everyone! If I add anything else, I will come back and let you know. So far we have a cocktail party, scavenger hunt, mini golf competition and olympics. Will try and come up with one thing to get us together each day. Will keep you updated! So excited to spend time with everyone...

Where are you planning to play mini golf?  Anthem doesn't have mini golf on the ship.