Flight from FLl?

crazycruzer68

1 minute ago, crazycruzer68 said:

Is 11:50 am to early from FLL?

In our experience, 11am has always worked out.   Off the ship by 9am or so, and to the airport by 10am.   One time we even did a 9am flight, with no problem...😊

I have done that and much earlier flights from FLL returning home to NY.  I usually do a priority (Diamond) walkoff, grab a cab, and get to FLL somewhere around 8AM.  I have Global Entry which gives me TSA Pre-check to get through security lines faster, although that early, there's usually no great benefit at either the seaport or airport.

If you want to have a leisurely breakfast, have a late zone #, wait for a Carnival shuttle bus to FLL, I won't advise it.

1 hour ago, crazycruzer68 said:

Is 11:50 am to early from FLL?

I've made a 11:50 FLL flight before without an issue after disembarking from POM, but I usually disembark first with Plats and Diamonds. If you're disembarking at port of Miami and don't have priority disembarkation I wouldn't chance it, especially with the government shutdown and long TSA lines. 1pm or 2pm is much safer.  If you're disembarking at Port Everglades then that time is perfect.

47 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

11:50 is never too early until it is

Pretty much this. In general, it is a good time. There can always be issues though. Maybe the cruise is behind due to a medical emergency, maybe it's having trouble getting cleared, maybe there's a government shutdown and the TSA is a mess. You never know.

1 hour ago, tallnthensome said:

This question is asked every other day. Try the Florida departures forum. 

If my question bothered you then perhaps you should have scrolled on past it without commenting. I am sorry but I do not have time to read all the boards when I am looking for an answer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tallnthensome said:

This question is asked every other day. Try the Florida departures forum. 

If we eliminated questions that are asked every other day, these Cruise Critic forums and threads would be non existant.

Dress Code, tipping, luggage, Cheers, getting around regs, etc. etc., etc. are all repeats.

Ad infinitum or ad nauseum, your choice.

Edited by evandbob

1 hour ago, klfrodo said:

11:50 is never too early until it is

But you could say the same thing about 5 pm if there was fog like they had in Tampa recently or mechanical problems.

There it no hard line as to what is safe and not, it's a sliding scale, getting increasingly more likely you'll make you flight the later in the day you go. But, that said, 11:50 is pretty safe. As a guess, over 95% likely to make your flight. Maybe more like 98%.

Just off another cruiseline that docked after 2 Carnival ships. Did self-debarkation and we were at FLL by 9:00 a.m.

Debarkation started at 7:30 a.m.

Uber was there in 5 minutes to pick us up after we called.

Edited by beerman2

With the government shut down going on right now, it's hard to say.  So many TSA employees are either calling in sick or finding other jobs altogether.  Under "normal" circumstances, it would be plenty of time to make the flight.  Right now and if the shutdown continues, who knows.