Edge Luminae New Menus - Now Serving Everyday Items!

vtcruising

3 hours ago, lsb48154 said:

Should be quite interesting. Having everyday options in Luminae, rather than requesting in advance, sounds better.

The rocker being removed... what does that leave for seating? Anything reasonably comfortable?

While a shower curtain may solve the problem, I wonder how aesthetically pleasing it will be.

Regardless of any changes, I fully intend to enjoy a wonderful cruise!

Yes, the rocker is comfortable, but it only provides seating for one, leaving the other person in the cabin with not a lot of options.

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Good news is that X is making changes  they perceive will counter some of the  unhappiness/criticism....they will never please everyone.

Hope the new menu works for suite guests.  Looks like they are trying..

As for furniture, hope we also get a nice table in the IVs.  I just wonder who actually approved all the design stuff..one person or a committee of non cruisers?? 

Whoever approved it should be made to sit on a tom tom at a teeny tiny desk! 😉

Edited by vtcruising
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

It's a work in progress, I guess. It sounds like they are listening.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to order a blow up rocking chair to go with my blow up foot stool. Oh well, we'll still have a lot of pillows. I'll send pictures of the shower curtain. 😉

Omg, Marilyn... Lol ! The visuals of that scenario!

Vt..maybe they have a rocking chair  saved for you..A few of them might be  nice in EDEN or another alcove somewhere..  Maybe in lieu of creepy forest?  

When are you heading back to Fla..? Hope you are all healed up. .Btw..Mederma  comes in a sun screen version..My husb is  doing great with it.

3 hours ago, Oville said:

Thanks Marilyn, I hope the menu enhancements are on our cruise next week.  Aren’t cote de boeuf and rib eye the same cut of meat?  We rarely eat red meat with the exception of being on a cruise and there are enough lamb and beef choices in Luminae to satisfy our cravings.  Of course Fine Cut and Rooftop will play their roles.  Katie

Almost there! We rebooked our flights for Friday because of the huge storm (named Harper) hurtling our way. Only 1 1/2 more days of cold and snow!

That sounds right about the rib eye and cote de boeuf (the waiters have called it prime rib, which may be a misnomer). I don't eat much steak, but love prime rib (probably because it is roasted, not grilled). We have reservations somewhere else that night anyway. We will eat there the second Chic night - that menu looks really good.

I can eat mushrooms all day long and noticed they took away a few mushroom recipes (or maybe put them into the other 7 days of the 14). One thing I tried for the first time for lunch a few weeks ago was the Butternut Squash Farfalle - it was so good.

image.thumb.png.0309fb9edda448377f9ab7392b6e89ca.png

The English Pea Soup is also delicious.

image.thumb.png.3786bf22d4a106e027c82a782947078e.png

And of course, the creamy lobster roll was yummy.

image.thumb.png.f54f35bd62bc834e77c254c41ea9b983.png

image.thumb.png.427eece70b3eaef267e994a9ff2015fe.png

image.thumb.png.f974dee6366850528210e25fffbfd7ec.png

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, hcat said:

Vt..maybe they have a rocking chair  saved for you..A few of them might be  nice in EDEN or another alcove somewhere..  Maybe in lieu of creepy forest?  

When are you heading back to Fla..? Hope you are all healed up. .Btw..Mederma  comes in a sun screen version..My husb is  doing great with it.

I'm putting my Mederma on every night, thanks to you!

We are now flying out Friday morning because of the big storm coming. I just finished changing all the flights and our hotel had the same room open for Friday night too, so all set. We go from VT to Chicago to Houston to FLL - not great, but it beats driving, which I threatened to do. United waived the change fees because of the storm and I told Kristen of United that, thanks to her, I would be able to toast her from the Edge.

I'm going to see if I can have a KH rocker sent to VT - they must be having a lawn sale or something to get rid of them. It's very sad, but at least I have my memories 😉

image.thumb.png.4dfddff6c93a09ea29b65144007fafe6.png

6 minutes ago, kenevenpar said:

There were always 14 menus, which rotated, not necessarily in order.

VT - Would you ask next week if that is still the case?  He may have sent you the menus for your cruise?

Thanks!

Yes, I have it on my list to ask.  I wonder if he just sent the menus for next week since he knew that I would only be there for the 7 days. Hopefully, there is another 7 days worth.

4 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Yes, I have it on my list to ask.  I wonder if he just sent the menus for next week since he knew that I would only be there for the 7 days. Hopefully, there is another 7 days worth.

I always thought on 7 day cruises the menus in Luminae and Blu repeated from one week to another.  We’ve had that first night menu every time we’ve stayed in suites.

Edited by Oville

Vt...

I switched my flight back down to Fla due to the last storm that hit Baltimore.  I came down yesterday,  2 days late.  It was worth the peace of mind  and all went well!   We can now focus on  the EDGE for the 27th. We'll drive over a day ahead.  Hope you have good travels..watch your step!

Katie..

I think BLU has more than 7 days of menu.They switch them up at Chef's discretion. They  usually post dinner menu at breakfast...  Hope you also have a great cruise!!!!

Looking forward to the reviews!

Edited by hcat

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

It's a work in progress, I guess. It sounds like they are listening.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to order a blow up rocking chair to go with my blow up foot stool. Oh well, we'll still have a lot of pillows. I'll send pictures of the shower curtain. 😉

If your lucky you might be able to catch one of the cushions flying off the Magic Carpet chairs.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Oville said:

I always thought on 7 day cruises the menus in Luminae and Blu repeated from one week to another.  We’ve had that first night menu every time we’ve stayed in suites.

I too have been used to the 7 night cruises having the same menu over and over, but I think my 14 night in a suite a couple of years ago had 14 different menus. I may not be remembering it correctly - it's been a long day.... 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I too have been used to the 7 night cruises having the same menu over and over, but I think my 14 night in a suite a couple of years ago had 14 different menus. I may not be remembering it correctly - it's been a long day.... 🙂

Yes, they do have 14 menus in Luminae for longer cruises.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Interesting.  Was the cruises a btb or 14 nights?

On 1/16/2019 at 9:45 AM, vtcruising said:

Since I couched the question as as me being onboard on Sunday, I wonder if it starts then. I emailed him a couple of weeks ago and he usually answers immediately. Maybe they were in the process of deciding on this and that's why there was a delay in his answering. His email said "See you next week" so I will chat more with him then. 🙂

HI VT... 

Do you have any way of asking about Blu and what changes have been made there and is it fleetwide. 

Good to see that X is sprucing up Luminae... wondering if we will see changes in BLU (and MDR for that matter)

Happy sailing

26 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

HI VT... 

Do you have any way of asking about Blu and what changes have been made there and is it fleetwide. 

Good to see that X is sprucing up Luminae... wondering if we will see changes in BLU (and MDR for that matter)

Happy sailing

Sure, I can see if I can get any info . 🙂

17 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Sure, I can see if I can get any info . 🙂

Are you going to try BLU ...at least for a breakfast?  

The  change I'd like to see  for BLU on EDGE is a glass partition of some type, sep it from the hallway/ lobby area.  Better than a gauzey curtain that may get dusty. I'll be asking about that on our cruise.

I can confirm that there were 14 nights of different menus in Luminae as I did the 14 night Eclipse cruise in 2016 and 2017 after Luminae had opened as well as the 12 night Silhouette last year and just off the 12 day on Summit where they had 12 different menus. If you do two 7 nighters back-to-Back then you will likely encounter repeated menus.

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Did 16 nights last year on Solstice.  Also 16 nights the year before on Infinity.  They used 7 night menus and repeated them the second week.

I am not sure why it would be so different.  We did a 18 day cruise on the Solstice last fall and except for a few repeats, the menus were different each day.  I know because I had a copy of all the menus on the first day of the cruise. The same experience on our 14 day Eclipse cruises.

P.S.  Like Adam said.

Edited by jagoffee
  • Like 1