BOTTLED WATER

25thcruise

They have always had San Pellegrino and Evian in the past not sure if that has changed.   You might also try the tap water.   It is basically distilled sea water.    I drink it often even with a drink package and find it very nice. 

42 minutes ago, hcat said:

Sev long threads on the " new" purefied water in metal btls  with pics of the label.. Try the  CC search feature 

I am bringing my FIJI spring water  on EDGE &   Sprite zero

Some threads talk about purified water in metal bottles, some talk about spring water in milk cartons, some talk about Evian in glass bottles, and some talk about a return of plastic bottles.  Anybody know what is currently offered on S class ships?

Hope we get a definite ans re EDGE

The Spring water carton would be great!

I could refill my Fiji bottles..or our refillable water btls we use for the gym.

We only have the Classic package so we would have to buy Evian or Pellegrino.

How Sad..AQ class used to have daily deliv of water , then only 2 welcome btls..

The spring water carton was good except when they served it in the theater.  Try getting a square bottom in a round hole!

Water container can vary from ship to ship.  You will hear the same story about how they are using type X in order to save trees, etc.  But you will get paper upon paper about art auctions, shops on board and in port, bingos,  etc.  

5 hours ago, hcat said:

Hope we get a definite ans re EDGE

The Spring water carton would be great!

I could refill my Fiji bottles..or our refillable water btls we use for the gym.

We only have the Classic package so we would have to buy Evian or Pellegrino.

How Sad..AQ class used to have daily deliv of water , then only 2 welcome btls..

You might ask @VT Cruiser.   She is currently blogging from Edge and is very accommodating about answering questions. 

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 11:03 PM, cruiserchuck said:

Some threads talk about purified water in metal bottles, some talk about spring water in milk cartons, some talk about Evian in glass bottles, and some talk about a return of plastic bottles.  Anybody know what is currently offered on S class ships?

On our December Silhouette cruise bottled water was in plastic bottles. Nary a carton or metal container to be found.

• Thanks 1

On 1/21/2019 at 1:26 PM, Jim_Iain said:

You might ask @VT Cruiser.   She is currently blogging from Edge and is very accommodating about answering questions. 

Good idea...she is in a suite  but can ask generally what the Classic  package covers,,..thsnks,,

I was on Jan 13 Edge sailing. Stopped at Publix on way to port and picked up 2 cases of plastic bottled spring water, one case was 8 oz size and other 16 oz.size. Gave to porter at terminal after putting luggage tags on them. Tipped porter and cases of water and suitcases arrived safely to cabin in few hours. Had premium non alcoholic drink package so got Pellegrino and Evian water (glass bottles). Didnt try the aluminum bottles, they are purified water which I don't drink. So glad I brought the plastic bottled water on board. Nice to have spring water with me when walking around pool areas and on excursions.

16 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

We have to remember that X has to deplete its' current stock of water in whatever packaging it comes in to make things standard across the fleet.

bon voyage

Unless they really have a huge supply, it should not take long to use up whatever is in stock.  I hope plain old plastic bottles are still available when I sail in May.   

14 hours ago, shipshapertoo said:

I was on Jan 13 Edge sailing. Stopped at Publix on way to port and picked up 2 cases of plastic bottled spring water, one case was 8 oz size and other 16 oz.size. Gave to porter at terminal after putting luggage tags on them. Tipped porter and cases of water and suitcases arrived safely to cabin in few hours. Had premium non alcoholic drink package so got Pellegrino and Evian water (glass bottles). Didnt try the aluminum bottles, they are purified water which I don't drink. So glad I brought the plastic bottled water on board. Nice to have spring water with me when walking around pool areas and on excursions.

We are bringing  a 6 or 8 pack of Fiji Spring water..We will supplement along the way.    Not  at all interested in the  purified water, so the  classic package water  perk is useless for us. 

On 1/24/2019 at 11:45 PM, cruiserchuck said:

Unless they really have a huge supply, it should not take long to use up whatever is in stock.  I hope plain old plastic bottles are still available when I sail in May.

It's not about what they have in stock.  It's about what they've contracted for from the bottler/supplier.  To get a certain price, they need to contract for huge quantities over a long time period.