Favorite drinks???

kootz

On 8/14/2019 at 5:26 PM, Canmilitarywife said:

Hurricane, which is a piña colada and strawberry daiquiris together. I love piña coladas and on my last time on the Harmony my bartender suggested I try the Hurricane! Best of both worlds!

64934168-178C-4776-B7B9-D21C877F3F8F.jpeg

Oh looks yummy. Is this different from a Miami Vice or is it the same thing? Thanks 

On 5/4/2019 at 10:16 PM, LadyBeBop said:

Mine is the Red Velvet Cake. I only saw that in one bar on the Freedom of the Seas. Can you get that on other ships as well?  In particular, the Ovation?

I should think so, I had one in the R Bar on both the Brilliance and Explorer recently

On 8/16/2019 at 3:45 AM, SRF said:

Sorry, that is NOT a Hurricane.  To get a real Hurricane, you need to be on Bourbon Street in New Orleans. 😄

And do NOT drink more than one.

Agreed.  I've always called that a Miami Vice...my go to drink when poolside.  I'd go so far as to say that to get a real Hurricane, you must be in Pat O'Brien's on Bourbon Street in New Orleans.

34 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Agreed.  I've always called that a Miami Vice...my go to drink when poolside.  I'd go so far as to say that to get a real Hurricane, you must be in Pat O'Brien's on Bourbon Street in New Orleans.

There are other places to get them.  But the home is Pat O'Briens.

Had on there in June. YUM.

And later, had my first Sazerac at the Olde Absinthe Bar.  VERY tasty.  But I don't think they have Absinthe on board any RCI ships. 😄

Espresso martini......garnished with three coffee beans on top. YUM!

Had it for the first time at the Rising Tide Bar on Harmony. I've added the Espresso Martini to my list of Martinis I make at home......well there are only two. The other is a Chocolate Martini and it is to die for!

Edited by coffeebean

3 hours ago, Dianka25 said:

I love a Grey Goose and frozen lemonade on the pool deck. So refreshing and not too sweet!

Can you REALLY tell the difference between Grey Goose and well vodka, when it is mixed with lemonade??????

The cruise officially starts when I have my first pina colada, it’s my go to cruise drink. I also enjoy a good lava flow or rum punch & on my last cruise I took a martini making class where I fell in love with the strawberry shortcake martini.