Symphony- Junior Suite worth it? Large Balcony Cabin on the "Hump"?

Cabin question here - well 2-3 actually 😂 this is all Symphony of the Seas related:

1. Is a junior suite worth the extra 500 over a large balcony cabin? 

2. Looking at large balcony cabins and all seem to be on what the call the "hump" that gives better views correct?

3. I have seen some balcony cabins available coming onto the "hump" area and appear to have a little bigger balcony but still under the regular balcony cabin category - is this possible?

The biggest perk you will get from having the JS is dinner at Coastal Kitchen, on a space available basis.  You will also get 2 cruise points per night. 

Views from the hump are generally considered more desireable.

Balconies on the hump are normally larger than non-hump balconies on this ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The JS will give you a bit over 100 sq ft. of extra space in the cabin....some are even on the "hump" with a deeper balcony.  But, the standard balcony cabin is 182 sq. ft, which is pretty good for RCI.

The balcony will only be a wide as the cabin, so if you want extra balcony space, without paying for a JS, then book one of those regular balconies with the deeper balcony.

As to whether it's worth it, it's different for everyone. Generally, I'd say value goes up if you tend to stay in your room more and/or if more than 2 people will be hanging out with you.

For me, the room is lower on my list of what adds value to the vacation. I wouldn't personally do it.

4 minutes ago, SouthernAccent said:

What floor levels would be best for symphony as far as cabins go?

Depends.  If you want to be close to the pool deck pick 12 and stay away from 14.

if you want to be close to Central Park pick 8 or 9.  For the Boardwalk or Promenade pick 6.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SouthernAccent said:

Cabin question here - well 2-3 actually 😂 this is all Symphony of the Seas related:

1. Is a junior suite worth the extra 500 over a large balcony cabin? 

2. Looking at large balcony cabins and all seem to be on what the call the "hump" that gives better views correct?

3. I have seen some balcony cabins available coming onto the "hump" area and appear to have a little bigger balcony but still under the regular balcony cabin category - is this possible?

We think that a JS is well worth the money for the larger room, walk in closet and upgraded bathroom amenities (L'Occitane). And dinners at Coastal Kitchen 

Some JS photos and such from the Symphony on our live post

• Thanks 1

We decided not to go with the JS. It was a lot more when one finally showed avaliable for our dates. So reg ocean balcony vs large ocean balcony. On the reg ocean balcony I notice there are 2 diff ones available right at the hump where the balcony slants and looks a little bigger? All the large balconies are on the hump. 

We had 8160 on Symphony.  Room was fine for two and balcony also fine.  Great location for nipping out to Park Cafe in the morning to collect some food and take it back to cabin.  Ideal position for walking up or down a couple of flights of stairs instead of having to wait for elevator.

23 hours ago, jerseyjjs said:

The extra added space in the bathroom with a full sized bathtub included might make it worth the extra money too.

We took a JS once when the price differential was very very little.  The struggle was the bathtub.  Getting into the tub is difficult, since it is 'higher' than a tub at home and it made getting in and out a little challenging.  No one can tell someone else, whether the cost is worth it to move to a JS.  We prefer hump balcony cabins if available.

Edited by Paulette3028

3 hours ago, Paulette3028 said:

We took a JS once when the price differential was very very little.  The struggle was the bathtub.  Getting into the tub is difficult, since it is 'higher' than a tub at home and it made getting in and out a little challenging.  No one can tell someone else, whether the cost is worth it to move to a JS.  We prefer hump balcony cabins if available.

Harder to get out of than get into

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SouthernAccent said:

Ok, NEXT our Symphony cruise will go to Roatan, Coasta Maya, Cozumel, Coco Cay, with these ports in mind, we will be the only ship in all of them except Cozumel. Which side will be best - port or starboard? 

Unpredictable.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, SouthernAccent said:

pay an extra 200 and get a bigger balcony,

I recently upgraded to a 1C cabin with the large balcony on the hump only because I'll be alone with my 2 daughters (no hubby this trip) and Ill be stuck in my room most nights by 9- 10 latest. I have a hammock and lanterns and I'll use the balcony as a second room to wind down at night while they sleep. In my case, a big balcony impacts my trip tremendously. If it were just my husband and myself, a normal balcony would be fine. 

• Like 1

You all have been great help. I guess my final cabin questions is this - after checking I pretty much have the choice of floors between 6th to 14th floor - aft, mid and forward. What would be the BEST to get? I am getting the feeling 8th floor seems to be most popular/best?