Price Drop on My Sailing

There is a price drop on my sailing and I have never been lucky enough to have this happen before. It is two months before final payment and I have a nonrefundable deposit.

If I take advantage of this drop, does the booking number change?

What happens to items you have bought in the Cruise Planner? 

Thank you

53 minutes ago, luv2sailAgain said:

There is a price drop on my sailing and I have never been lucky enough to have this happen before. It is two months before final payment and I have a nonrefundable deposit.

If I take advantage of this drop, does the booking number change?

What happens to items you have bought in the Cruise Planner? 

Thank you

Maybe mention the date and ship for other persons who might benefit from the price drop.

Harmony of the Seas, July 14, 2019, Ocean view balcony 2D.

I lost my $100 OBC, but the bottom line was still better. The new fare was about $300 less than I originally paid.

My sister also booked a cabin for 4 people, and that fare did not change.

39 minutes ago, bilyclub said:

Maybe mention the date and ship for other persons who might benefit from the price drop.

Usually book first day dates were released and check prices on my booked cruises daily. Many times a price drop to one may not be to another depending when and what rate originally booked. I've had dozen reduced over last few yrs. When major change happens post on my Roll Call page if it's a large reduction if no one else has.

1 hour ago, luv2sailAgain said:

Harmony of the Seas, July 14, 2019, Ocean view balcony 2D.

I lost my $100 OBC, but the bottom line was still better. The new fare was about $300 less than I originally paid.

My sister also booked a cabin for 4 people, and that fare did not change.

Was there any issue when you called to get the new fare because you have a nonrefundable deposit?

I'm on hold right now the my big box agency, with them haggling with RCCL on the phone.  I have a unique situation, and I think the RCCL reservation person can't quite get his or her mind wrapped around it.

It's #3 of b4b cruises coming up in a few months.  I paid final payment early, and the actual final payment date for this cruise isn't until 3/3/19.  There's a senior discount, BOGO60, DEAL promo code, Flash sale, and another "sale" for another $50 off.  The total is $145 less than we paid,  which I want as an obc and will pay most of the tips. 

Also, I have a REFUNDABLE deposit, so I'd like the lower price, please.

The final payment threw them off, and I had to remind my agent I paid early.  Then, they couldn't find the senior discount, which is significant:  $438 for the two of us.

Still waiting and it's been 32 minutes and counting now.....................................................................

Edited by pcur

24 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

BIG mistake......RCI does not get this and afterwards declines any price-drops:classic_rolleyes:👎

Well, actually I've paid early for years if I need the points on my Sapphire card for airline points or a credit to my card.  I've received price drops many times, BUT it's the refundable deposit that does the magic, because they know you can cancel and rebook, or go somewhere else.

What happened today was a lesson RCCL's "fuzzy math".  They couldn't match the exact price I saw online for the exact same cabin category, because our cabin was already paid for, so one of the 5 discounts wasn't applicable unless the cabin was in inventory to be sold.  My big box agent said RCCL could not explain it to him, because no matter how you did the math, you cannot come up with a $40 difference in price.  I told him to forget the $40 and I got $106 price difference, refunded.  The refund was the surprising part:  I was willing to get an obc.

This is what I like about big box:  their agents fight for their customers.  They are trained to NEVER end a call unless they finish the job.

2 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

Was there any issue when you called to get the new fare because you have a nonrefundable deposit?

No problem at all. . .  We also have prepaid gratuities that are "free".  She said if there is another price drop we may not be able to keep the "free" gratuities.  But we still have them with this drop.  Initially, the price kept going up. I am happy to save some money.