New Princess Ad on TV

Hello, last night a new ad was on TV for Princess. I must say it looks very enticing and oh so romantic. A couple are living it up and look like they are the only passengers on board. It all looks very grand.

Anyway, my question is what ship is that? The double curved staircase with marble and gold looks sublime. The ad has worked for me. I will be going back to Princess. Would like to try some of their newer midsize ships. Please offer your suggestions on this and comments on the ad. Magpie x

Definitely Majestic. Only the Royal class ships have the sky walk so that narrowed it down to Royal, Regal and Majestic. However Royal and Regal don't have a covered pool so it has to be Majestic. The final clincher was the blue hanging glass sculptures (see below) in the Atrium which (I think) are different on the other two ships.

2018-11-21 10.29.15.jpg

Royal Class, inc Majestic, Royal, Regal.  As long as they all come back new.  What I don't like about Royal Class - no walk around promenade deck and Princess Theatre seating capacity poor, but then most ships have that issue. 3500 pax and a 800 seat theatre.   Perhaps the Majestic got a covered pool for Asian pax, not keen on ye olde sun?  (Majestic spends a lot of time in China/Japan.)

Edited by NSWP

Yes, she has less outdoor areas, less bars, and more gaming areas than the average Princess ship, although they did try to recreate Crooners in the VIP gaming lounge for her Aussue season but it didn't work very well.

But that atrium is gorgeous. The best I've ever seen of all the ships I've been on so far. 

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Princess always has had good atriums from Sun Class - Grand Class to Royal Class.   Some of the pax stay there all day, cemented to their seats.👿

Oh they are only "cemented to their seats", I thought atrium chairs were a new class of cabin, as on our last few cruises, it was always the some people in the same chairs every day of the cruise.

The other half, wondered what happen if they go to the bathroom ?? ( I told her, that I didn't want to know ).

Cheers Don ( whom has never sat in a chair in the atrium )

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, john watson said:

Looks exactly like a Royal Class ship.  I must say advertisements in the modern era have become extremely PC this was not the case years ago.  Anyone recognise this ship?

Regards John

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrTYcWLIB1s

In terms of the1st external shot in the ad, my husband votes for a grand class ship because it has Skywalkers.

He then said it has the fake jet engines on top of the ship therefore it would be the Diamond or the Sapphire.

It has no jut out on the promenade deck where the stairs go up to the bow of the ship therefore it isn't the Golden et al.

It doesn't have enough decks to be one of the later ones in the Grand Class.

It looks like it has a covered pool.

Do you think he is right?

6 hours ago, sewgood said:

In terms of the1st external shot in the ad, my husband votes for a grand class ship because it has Skywalkers.

He then said it has the fake jet engines on top of the ship therefore it would be the Diamond or the Sapphire.

It has no jut out on the promenade deck where the stairs go up to the bow of the ship therefore it isn't the Golden et al.

It doesn't have enough decks to be one of the later ones in the Grand Class.

It looks like it has a covered pool.

Do you think he is right?

The jut out for the forward promenade deck allowing access to forward section only features on Grand 1998, Golden 2001 and Star 2002.  They do not appear on the video.  The "jet engines" also feature on Island but it is the wrong hull.  I think the ship has got to be one of the two Japanese wider hull Grand Class variants; Diamond/Sapphire.  The yellow funnel feature leads me to believe it is from 1974 to 1977 where P&O purchased Princess Cruise Line and ran as P&O Princess Cruise line or just thereafter and had not repainted yet.

Regards John