2019 - List of NCL Officers, Hotel Director, Concierge, Crew, etc

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 12:36 PM, Mr.AgentMan said:

New to NCL, but a veteran of more than 20 cruises.  Regarding Pete's contention that crew members don't remember, I have two stories. 

My wife and I cruised on HAL in the Mediterranean several years ago.  It was a wonderful trip and we made friends with our female cabin attendant.  About 5 years later, we cruised the Caribbean on RCL.  As we were walking down the hallway to our stateroom, I heard someone yelling my wife's name--it was our HAL cabin attendant.  She had moved to RCL and was working on the same deck as our stateroom.  They ran down the hallway and hugged like they were long-lost cousins.

And on Celebrity two years ago, my wife became very attached to our assistant waiter.  The two exchanged emails and still keep in contact with each other.  We are planning a Celebrity cruise later in the summer so that we can sail with her again (this time as a head waiter).

Pete, just because you and I aren't particularly memorable to crew members doesn't mean that everyone is. 

Regarding the OP, I like to know the names of the captain, cruise director, restaurant manager, etc.  It adds to the anticipation of the cruise, which can sometimes be almost as fun as the cruise itself. 

Can anyone give me any information about the current cruise director on the Breakaway? 

We've cruised many times and continue to encounter crew from past times...and they DO remember us!  We also email often with many of our favorites of the past from all parts of the world!  Something to look forward to when you know a familiar face may be there!!  

21 hours ago, NJLVW said:

Does anyone have any info on the Dawn? Would especially like to know who the concierge, butlers, HD, & CD. Thank you

Right now the Concierge is Roy ( former Incredible amazing Butler) I do not know how long he will be there. But as of today when we spoke he is still Concierge 😊

15 hours ago, mommyto2girls said:

Right now the Concierge is Roy ( former Incredible amazing Butler) I do not know how long he will be there. But as of today when we spoke he is still Concierge 😊

Thank you for the info. I have not yet had the pleasure of meeting Roy. We will look forward to meeting him. Any other info on who the HD, CD & butlers that will be are on board? Much appreciated. 

Edited by NJLVW

On 2/4/2019 at 4:11 AM, jasoneats said:

Does anyone have any current info on the Jade?  Thanks!!!

Don't have a ton of info but I'm currently laying in bed on the Jade. Jacky is the cruise director, Effrin is our concierge, Francis is our butler and Madonna makes up our cabin (we're in an H4). Captain is Ingar K(?). Very tall gentlemen. I'll see if I can grab more info in an hour when we have to rush off the ship (booooo!). 

2 hours ago, Nunswithknives said:

Don't have a ton of info but I'm currently laying in bed on the Jade. Jacky is the cruise director, Effrin is our concierge, Francis is our butler and Madonna makes up our cabin (we're in an H4). Captain is Ingar K(?). Very tall gentlemen. I'll see if I can grab more info in an hour when we have to rush off the ship (booooo!). 

Concerning the crew on the JADE:  

If Efrin is your concierge, this is great news.  He was our Butler a couple of years ago and he was amazing.  I would think that he would be an awesome Concierge.  Congratulations to him!

Edited by Travel Junkie Judy
  • Like 1

On 2/11/2019 at 9:33 AM, Travel Junkie Judy said:

Concerning the crew on the JADE:  

If Efrin is your concierge, this is great news.  He was our Butler a couple of years ago and he was amazing.  I would think that he would be an awesome Concierge.  Congratulations to him!

Efrin was our concierge on the Jade British Isles cruise last fall and was superb.....we all thought he was on his way to becoming a concierge.   We still talk about the great service and his sense of humor on that cruise.  Congratulations and more luck to Efrin, well deserved!!

Trying to find out what ship Rogeliza Nanad is own currently.  She was the restaurant Manager on the Bliss this past Thanksgiving and she said she was going on vacation soon after that cruise.  She was planning on going to the Encore when she starts running.  

On 2/1/2019 at 7:47 PM, mommyto2girls said:

I have been reading some stuff on the boards about a Concierge on the Dawn that is awful. We sail Nov and hope we do not get this one. What is the protocol for this? What happens if anyone you get is not up to standard? Can you talk to the Hotel Director? If nothing changes, who else. I’m pretty laid back but if I’ve spent 6-8000 on a suite I expect a certain level of service and I won’t be quiet about it. Anyone else?

INFO ABOUT SHIPS STAFF

As an aid if you attend a Meet & Greet party on the ship there is usually a printed card with

all the staff members that you may need to contact for assistance.

It will have the persons title and ship telephone number to contact.

If there is no M&G then sometimes in the Atrium area of the ship will be a panel with the

faces (pictures) of the ships staff from the:

Captain

Staff Captain

Chief Engineer

Hotel Director

Head of Housekeeping

Head Chef

Beverage Manager

etc.

Cruise Director

may include Concierge

Some of the Ships Daily (newspaper) may have this information also.

ON board a ship contact Guest Services -or- "0" on the phone for info.

And finally you have CC here - post a note needing the info you need

hopefully some current cruise guest will be able to provide you with the info.

The NCL website is a futile fruitless search - there is no specific website for an

individual ship.

2 hours ago, kcwiak said:

I have been reading some stuff on the boards about a Concierge on the Dawn that is awful. We sail Nov and hope we do not get this one. What is the protocol for this? What happens if anyone you get is not up to standard? Can you talk to the Hotel Director? If nothing changes, who else. I’m pretty laid back but if I’ve spent 6-8000 on a suite I expect a certain level of service and I won’t be quiet about it. Anyone else?

That Concierge you are making reference to may have been Roel Gonzales (the Roel is pronounced as Royal - Roy).

He was fine with me but I get the feeling that his service was not as expected in comparison with other Cs.

R. tends to delegate his duties passing onto his Butlers - but this is not all bad since he may not have time to individually

tend to all the tasks of a C - better some attention than none at all !

Yes you can talk to the Hotel Director and even have him service your requests - but in fairness you should at least

work your way up thru the house staff - you say you are in a suite work your request thru your Butler and see how

that works. That suite if it is a OS DOS or Haven Garden Villa warrants a direct response from the C - but que

the Butler in too. The C can't be everywhere servicing all the suites and Platinum (+) accept that for what it is and

be patient - but if you feel that is not right contact the Hotel Director.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, don't-use-real-name said:

INFO ABOUT SHIPS STAFF

As an aid if you attend a Meet & Greet party on the ship there is usually a printed card with

all the staff members that you may need to contact for assistance.

It will have the persons title and ship telephone number to contact.

If there is no M&G then sometimes in the Atrium area of the ship will be a panel with the

faces (pictures) of the ships staff from the:

Captain

Staff Captain

Chief Engineer

Hotel Director

Head of Housekeeping

Head Chef

Beverage Manager

etc.

Cruise Director

may include Concierge

Some of the Ships Daily (newspaper) may have this information also.

ON board a ship contact Guest Services -or- "0" on the phone for info.

And finally you have CC here - post a note needing the info you need

hopefully some current cruise guest will be able to provide you with the info.

The NCL website is a futile fruitless search - there is no specific website for an

individual ship.

That Concierge you are making reference to may have been Roel Gonzales (the Roel is pronounced as Royal - Roy).

He was fine with me but I get the feeling that his service was not as expected in comparison with other Cs.

R. tends to delegate his duties passing onto his Butlers - but this is not all bad since he may not have time to individually

tend to all the tasks of a C - better some attention than none at all !

Yes you can talk to the Hotel Director and even have him service your requests - but in fairness you should at least

work your way up thru the house staff - you say you are in a suite work your request thru your Butler and see how

that works. That suite if it is a OS DOS or Haven Garden Villa warrants a direct response from the C - but que

the Butler in too. The C can't be everywhere servicing all the suites and Platinum (+) accept that for what it is and

be patient - but if you feel that is not right contact the Hotel Director.

Thank you for the info! Will be sure to go through the proper channels first!

21 hours ago, OceanDreaming2 said:

Anyone have info for the crew/staff on the Getaway?  It will be our first cruise on a mega-ship.  We do enjoy meeting crew/staff members and have made several who are special friends.

I was onboard the Getaway February 3-10. Here are the senior hotel officers as of then:

Hotel Director: Errol Bailey

Asst. Hotel Director: Plamenko Bakic 

Food & Beverage Director: Loredana Moldovan

Cruise Director: Paquito Fuchs 

Executive Housekeeper: Jose Omier 

Guest Services Manager: Irma Reyes 

Executive Chef: Tyson Pinto

Beverage Manager: Dindo Ramos 

Restaurant Manager: Chandra Muttam 

CruiseNext Manager: Paloma Pelaez 

I don’t know if there’s any turnover since then, though I know them all and don’t recall anyone talking about going on vacation. 

On 2/17/2019 at 2:27 PM, Weluv2cruise2gether said:

How about the current crew on the Gem. Leaving in 19 days!😁

We were onboard for the 19 day Gem cruise from LA to NY.  Here are the senior officers from that trip.  No guarantee about who you will have.

Captain - Marin Vucetic
Staff Captain - Guiseppe Gimmillaro
Chief Engineer - Marin Soic
Hotel Director - Metin Camurlu
Food and Beverage Director - Vikramraj Parthasrathy
Cruise Director - Claire Booth
Asst Cruise Director - Maria Katrina De La Cruz ("Kat")
Guest Service Manager - Veronica Manabat
Asst Guest Service Manager - Severina Hristova
Executive Housekeeper - Cesar Hapa
Executive Chef - Bijesh Chandran
Beverage Manager - Gusti Sumitra
Restaurant Manager - Adine Barrett
Haven Concierge - Yahira Suazo