Flu on Anthem of the Seas

14 hours ago, Allura_317 said:

I completely understand your point, but some people also pay for extras such as dining and beverage packages that are not able to be used due to being sick.  People could complain about these kind of factors then Royal could have a disturbed image, causing them to loose guests.  Royal needs to upkeep a good public image, which is why they compensate.  Therefore, your logic makes complete sense, but the industry adds a business aspect to it, which changes the logic used.

Tis is why people should get insurance. Get verification of quarantine from medical staff and that should be proof for reimbursement of prepaid dining packages and such.

Sorry to the OP and family for getting sick.  I feel for you and understand how frustrating it would be to be confined to your cabin.  I agree with you about providing information about water and food.  I do not understand the people who are being nasty to the OP...it's ridiculous!!  CC should be a place to learn and help, not try to school someone and be mean.  

Edited by KimPossible1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, KimPossible1 said:

Sorry to the OP and family for getting sick.  I feel for you and understand how frustrating it would be to be confined to your cabin.  I agree with you about providing information about water and food.  I do not understand the people who are being nasty to the OP...it's ridiculous!!  CC should be a place to learn and help, not try to school someone and be nasty.  So many of these threads have people who are nasty in their responses.  

Yes agree with this.  I am the OP and am not on the cruise (although I wish I was cruising now), I did create this forum to learn more information on the situation on the Anthem.  For those who got sick, they should provide water for you and food that you are allowed to eat by the doctor.  

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You think it’s ok to drink alcohol while having the flu?  What if you drank too much and had a hangover and didn’t drink the next day?

The OP purchased the drink package. She ordered bottled water through room service and was told that she would be charged for it. They should bring her anything that she wanted that was included in the drink package without charge. Also they were calling her to see if she was better. She could have lied and they would remove the quarantine and then she could just go out and get her own drink and infect the rest of the ship but she was responsible and didn't do that. If the OP wanted to throw a few back only she should be deciding what she was able to drink in the condition she is in.  I have been reading here that some have been offered free movies and  free wifi when they were quarantined. It just doesn't make sense that the OP can't get something that she paid for.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

The OP purchased the drink package. She ordered bottled water through room service and was told that she would be charged for it. They should bring her anything that she wanted that was included in the drink package without charge. Also they were calling her to see if she was better. She could have lied and they would remove the quarantine and then she could just go out and get her own drink and infect the rest of the ship but she was responsible and didn't do that. Also if the OP wanted to throw a few back only she should be deciding what she was able to drink in the condition she is in.  I have been reading here that some have been offered free movies and  free wifi when they were quarantined. It just doesn't make sense that the OP can't get something that she paid for.

Exactly this. I’m not sure why I could get free movies and WiFi but not bottled water that I paid for delivered free 

17 minutes ago, KimPossible1 said:

Sorry to the OP and family for getting sick.  I feel for you and understand how frustrating it would be to be confined to your cabin.  I agree with you about providing information about water and food.  I do not understand the people who are being nasty to the OP...it's ridiculous!!  CC should be a place to learn and help, not try to school someone and be mean.  

People have commented that we could have gotten food from the main dining room, free movies, free WiFi. But nobody on Royal told us any of that. How would I know that otherwise? We already have WiFi so we paid for that and I haven’t been able to get confirmation about the movies being free. We were going to order from the main dining room for dinner tonight but we’ve been waiting 2 hours for room service right now and by the time it gets here and we eat, I doubt we will be hungry for it. 

I do think they could have done a better job of letting us know what our options were. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

The OP purchased the drink package. She ordered bottled water through room service and was told that she would be charged for it. They should bring her anything that she wanted that was included in the drink package without charge. Also they were calling her to see if she was better. She could have lied and they would remove the quarantine and then she could just go out and get her own drink and infect the rest of the ship but she was responsible and didn't do that. If the OP wanted to throw a few back only she should be deciding what she was able to drink in the condition she is in.  I have been reading here that some have been offered free movies and  free wifi when they were quarantined. It just doesn't make sense that the OP can't get something that she paid for.

She could not lie and have her quarantine removed. They verify your temperature with an in cabin visit and then have you go to medical the next day to be checked again. 

14 minutes ago, aflyingbuttress said:

Just to be clear, I’m not actually the OP. I have posted the most on this thread but it wasn’t started by me. Lol. I dominated it I guess. I’ve got nothing better to do it seems. 😂 

Lol, that's what I was trying to get across.  I am the OP who just wanted some more info:-)

Edited by Allura_317
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Allura_317 said:

Lol, that's what I was trying to get across.  I am the OP who jut wanted some more info:-)

You asked yesterday about additional cleaning, we are out today so I was able to see what is up. I did not see the level of additional cleaning we observed on a prior sailing that had illness. 

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

You asked yesterday about additional cleaning, we are out today so I was able to see what is up. I did not see the level of additional cleaning we observed on a prior sailing that had illness. 

Interesting, thank you.  Hopefully that means there are not that many sick.  I take it they are still cleaning thoroughly though, correct?

Just now, Allura_317 said:

Interesting, thank you.  Hopefully that means there are not that many sick.  I take it they are still cleaning thoroughly though, correct?

I saw the typical wipe down of tables. I did not see the constant wiping of every surface by people with buckets of sanitizer as we saw on a noro cruise. Every railing was always dripping with cleaner on that cruise.

we went to the captains corner and no one asked about the illness on the ship. They didn’t bring it up either. 

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I saw the typical wipe down of tables. I did not see the constant wiping of every surface by people with buckets of sanitizer as we saw on a noro cruise. Every railing was always dripping with cleaner on that cruise.

we went to the captains corner and no one asked about the illness on the ship. They didn’t bring it up either. 

Thank you!

Here is my two cents.  Have your husband make an appointment with the Guest Services Manager.  During the meeting, He should ask if they can reimburse you for the specialty dining and drink package. He can also tell them that you've been waiting two hours for room service to deliver you a meal. In my opinion, that is unacceptable.  No one should have to wait 2 hours and the ship knows you've been quarantined.  If your husband is not happy with the outcome of the meeting he can escalate it to the Hotel Director.  Hopefully, you won't get to that point. If your husband doesn't get anywhere, then put in a claim like you said to get compensated.  I am so sorry this has happened to you, "Aflyingbuttress." And, ignore the Flamers. They hide behind their computer screens to be bullies.  They are not worth your time and effort. 

Edited by Colorado Babe
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Allura_317 said:

Me too.  I'm sure that those sick are trying their hardest.  I created this forum to get information on the situation, not for people to criticize those who are sick.  I hope everyone sick has a speedy recovery and are able to sort things out!  Let us please stick to the original purpose of this thread: to learn more about what is going on.  Do we really need to go over a lesson you teach your children when they are two:  if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

I apologize if I hijacked your thread. I never intended that. I just wanted to give you information you originally asked for. I never expected that so many things I said would be twisted into something I didn’t mean. I apologize. 

1 hour ago, aflyingbuttress said:

I apologize if I hijacked your thread. I never intended that. I just wanted to give you information you originally asked for. I never expected that so many things I said would be twisted into something I didn’t mean. I apologize. 

You have been fine,  in fact it has only been you and a few others who have given me information.  I have friends on the ship who I am not able to reach out to as they don't have voom.   I wanted to figure out the likelihood of them being sick.  There is no need for you to apologize.  I know you tend to see the same two people over and over on a cruise, but did you happen to meet a Susana W?  If so, do you know if she got sick/is sick?  I guess I will find out tomorrow anyway.  Thanks!

Edited by Allura_317
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Allura_317 said:

You have been fine,  in fact it has only been you and a few others who have given me information.  I have friends on the ship who I am not able to reach out to as they don't have voom.   I wanted to figure out the likelihood of them being sick.  There is no need for you to apologize.  I know you tend to see the same two people over and over on a cruise, but did you happen to meet a Susana W.  If so, do you know if she got sick/is sick?  I guess I will find out tomorrow anyway.  Thanks!

‘Thank you. I appreciate that. 

‘We didn’t meet them, unfortunately. I hope they didn’t catch it. We just got a message that they are having a separate debarking process for those in confinement. There’s a separate breakfast and everyone sick gets off last. Makes me wonder how many people there are if they needed to make a whole separate arrangement. 

2 minutes ago, aflyingbuttress said:

‘Thank you. I appreciate that. 

‘We didn’t meet them, unfortunately. I hope they didn’t catch it. We just got a message that they are having a separate debarking process for those in confinement. There’s a separate breakfast and everyone sick gets off last. Makes me wonder how many people there are if they needed to make a whole separate arrangement. 

Thank you.  That is interesting, regarding the separate arrangement, making me wonder as well. 

• Like 1

Just now, aflyingbuttress said:

We were hoping to get off at 6:30 am. I’m hoping they don’t make us wait but if we have no choice I’ll post a follow up. 

Yes please do.  And if you have to go to the separate breakfast, please give an estimate on how many guests were there.  Thank you for all your help!

• Like 1

So we finally got out of quarantine about an hour and a half ago. Finally! 

I think I mentioned earlier that they were going to refund my prepaid dining package for the portions we didn’t use. I originally paid $136 for a 3 night dining package, plus a buy one get one package for $99. A total of $236. We ate in 3 specialty restaurants. This morning they agreed to refund the buy one get one but instead refunded the 3 night dining package and then charged me for the full meal at Izumi as if we had no package. Which is ridiculous because we DID have a package. On top of that. Our bill at Izumi was $76 minus the $70 included in the package. But now they’ve reprinted the receipt with an added service charge that raised the price to $88. So now we’re paying a total of $188 for 3 specialty meals even though I prepaid for a 3 night package for $136. 

I have been trying to fix it for 2 hours now. Guest services sent me to wonderland and then wonderland sent me to guest services and now guest services is back on the phone with wonderland. They are trying to fix the bill discrepancy but absolutely refuse to honor my 3 night dining package that I paid for in advance. 

Now this I am rather pissed about. I don’t think its right. But seems there’s nothing I can do about it. 

In the end we saved a whopping $26 on our meals even though we bought a much more steeply discounted package. 

22 hours ago, Scotty G said:

We have multiple experiences with on board medical. The paperwork has always been deliver to our cabin on the last day of the cruise! 

Just wanted to note that the paperwork was not delivered to our cabin by the end of the cruise. When I woke up this morning it was not there and I had to go hunt it down.