Flu on Anthem of the Seas

2 hours ago, time4u2go said:

Uh...I never said anything about how many people had the flu, or if it was unusual.  I was pointing out that a lack of posts on here about a topic really means nothing.  I'm really not sure what your point was in regards to my post.

Just pointing out what a meaningless topic it is.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mugtech said:

Responded to everyone who reads the thread.

Do you even know what it means to respond to somebody?  (Apparently not.)  It means you quote them and provide a response.  You can't respond to everyone that reads the thread because they don't all post.

Edited by time4u2go

14 hours ago, mugtech said:

Just pointing out what a meaningless topic it is.

This has definitely turned into a meaningless topic especially considering what has happened was not Royal's fault. I am the OP and started this as I had friends on the ship when it happened and wanted to know what was happening as I only knew some people had the flu, but they did not have voom (so I couldn't contact them).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Allura_317 said:

This has definitely turned into a meaningless topic especially considering what has happened was not Royal's fault. I am the OP and started this as I had friends on the ship when it happened and wanted to know what was happening as I only knew some people had the flu, but they did not have voom (so I couldn't contact them).

How do you know it wasn't Royal's fault?  I'm not saying it was or wasn't.  I'm just wondering how you know.

Edited by time4u2go
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

How do you know it wasn't Royal's fault?  I'm not saying it was or wasn't.  I'm just wondering how you know.

If a child comes home sick from school, is it the school's fault?  If you get sick while at Church, is it the Church's fault?  If you get sick at work, is it your employer's fault?  If you take a taxi, bus or plane and get sick, is it their fault?

The only way that I can see a common carrier being at fault would be if they deliberately introduced a virus.  I think its fairly safe to assume Royal did not deliberately sicken it's guests. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, twangster said:

If a child comes home sick from school, is it the school's fault?  If you get sick while at Church, is it the Church's fault?  If you get sick at work, is it your employer's fault?  If you take a taxi, bus or plane and get sick, is it their fault?

The only way that I can see a common carrier being at fault would be if they deliberately introduced a virus.  I think its fairly safe to assume Royal did not deliberately sicken it's guests. 

It doesn't have to be deliberate to be somebody's fault.  There's such a thing as negligence.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

Funniest post all day.  Thanks for the laugh.  

I guess you don't understand what negligence means then.  Too bad for you.

Perhaps a crew member brought it onboard, and should have been quarantined, and wasn't.  My point is, we really don't know what started it, or if its spread could have been controlled or reduced.  You might want to put away your pom poms.

Edited by time4u2go
  • Haha 1

I was on this sailing and it was the 2nd of my back to back. I doubt the crew started the outbreak because no one showed signs of being sick on the previous sailing but during the muster for this sailing, there were an unusual high number of people coughing and sneezing. I think the staff and crew did a great job cleaning and disinfecting the ship and several crew members told me whats going on during casual conversation. My issue is mostly the other passengers that felt that being sick shouldn't stop them from enjoying the ship. There were people obviously should be in their room or medical but they continue to enjoy the cruise and coughing and sneezing with out even a single attempt to cover their face when they do. The incident that stood out the most was during the Lunch with an Officer, they sat me across from an older lady and she was just non stop coughing and made a poor effort covering her cough. She literally held her hand like inches away from her face. We were seated at the end of the table and there were literally no one to the side of us and she didn't even attempt to turn her head.. instead, she felt the need to continue to chit chat and coughing towards everyone at the table like it's no big deal. It got to the point where I got up and ask to be seated somewhere else. 

Edited by SkaterJasp
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Croozin Soozin said:

I’m on now and I haven’t heard anything about any type of illness onboard.  Just a normal sailing. The a/c works fine. 

I’m also on the Anthem.  Also no reports of any type of illness on board. A/C also working just fine. 

19 minutes ago, Menas1 said:

Thanks that’s great to know.  if you google search about influemza on anthem of the seas it says the feb 2nd 2019 sailing people were quarantined with influenza. 

Welcome to Cruise Critic.  It would be wise during flu season to be prepared, knowing people just coming down with it will sail anyway.

37 minutes ago, Croozin Soozin said:

I’m on now and I haven’t heard anything about any type of illness onboard.  Just a normal sailing. The a/c works fine. 

13 minutes ago, 138east said:

I’m also on the Anthem.  Also no reports of any type of illness on board. A/C also working just fine. 

thank you for the update! now get packed so I can board tomorrow! LOL, just kidding, hope your cruise was great!